“We Just Booked a Return Visit!”
Review of English Inn

English Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Esquimalt
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Our room was huge! Like "Whoa! I feel like a princess!" huge. The room was so comfortable that while his mom and I had a three hour tea at the Empress, my boyfriend and his dad opted to hang out in our room all afternoon. Even with all that time spent at the inn, we opted to stay in that night, and had a great time playing cards in the empty dining room. We did get some food from the kitchen, which was sufficient... The kitchen is beautiful, and I'm sure that one day, with the right chef, the English Inn could also turn itself into a local dinner destination. For the time being, I might recommend planning ahead and bringing some take-aways. Don't bank on having room service for dinner. Also, the bar and bar drinks could use some refining. But they do have a bar, and bar drinks, which sometimes is good enough. Just plan to stick with the staples: it's pretty hard to screw up a gin and tonic.

The staff was incredibly friendly. The inn is beautiful and cozy. We just booked another three night stay. I expect that the English Inn is about to become our go-to weekend getaway spot. (Yay!)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 13, 2014

My wife and I stayed here just for 1 night as part of her birthday celebration. The main section consists of a beautiful old mansion which was well kept. We stayed in the Queen Anne Room which was very spacious and and had a nice king size bed and a divan. The room was a little cool and there was no thermostat to control temp. (the large old radiator was turned off) yet it was quite warm in the hallway and lounge area. It took a few minutes for the hot water to reach our room but it was quite hot when we let it run a bit. The breakfast is quite simple but the crossants were great. The garden could be an outstanding feature of the inn but it a lot of has not been maintained which is a shame. We got a good off season rate which made this an excellent value.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Dear Heather,
Before the year comes to close, I would like to thank you again for all you, Zoe and your team
did to make my husband, John’s Celebration of Life such a special event.
The English Inn and its dignified surroundings provided the ideal location. The way you candle
lit the gardens and Rose Meade Room created perfect atmosphere. Your service was seamless.
You gave us comfort and understood that I was saying good-bye to the love of my life, and
ensured that it was a day that would make him proud.
We also greatly appreciate you working with our dear friend and event planner, and
our preferred caterer. Together you overwhelmed us with the perfection of the day.
It is my pleasure to highly recommend the English Inn for myriad of events. It is an ideal venue
for weddings, birthdays and other celebrations, even ones to say good-bye. As corporate event planner, I will recommend the English Inn for meetings, fundraisers and social events. I look forward to working with you again.
I wish you and your team all the very best for the Holiday Season and 2014. Merry Christmas!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kathyrn D
Reviewed December 10, 2013

An extended Thank You for doing such a great job creating our Christmas Party at the English Inn. The Rooms were amazing, the Event Room was fantastic and looked incredible, and the care and attention to details were over the top fantastic by the entire English Inn team.

I personally would like to thank you for holding my hand through the whole procedure from conception to finale; I couldn't have done it without you guys.

With heart felt gratitude.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I recently hosted a business meeting at the English Inn, and both my guests and I came away thoroughly impressed. A beautiful building with a bright and cozy dining room, a convenient location with lots of parking, and staff who were friendly and helpful made this the perfect space for a midday gathering. It took me a while to discover the English Inn, but I will definitely be going back.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Loved our stay at the Inn. Great building, quaint, clean with "old world charm". Heather and staff were very helpful and friendly! I would visit the Inn when back in Victoria. I enjoyed the quietness and quaintness of the building.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We enjoyed our stay, the room was very nice and clean, the breakfast provided was very good and I loved the location. The exterior of the building looks like it needs some attention but you forget about that once inside, the interior is a great example of quality 100 old architecture. Old varnished wood, narrow stairs, big beams and small doors throughout. We had a very quiet stay in one of the Garden rooms and am glad we purchased our stay online for about half the walk in price. The staff we did see or talk to were great. Too far from downtown Victoria to walk but lots of things in Esquimalt are not too far away. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Esquimalt
Fairfield
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
#2 of 2 in Esquimalt
Rosemary Inn
#1 of 1 in Esquimalt

Been to English Inn? Share your experiences!