“very charming cafe”

Ranked #7 of 28 Restaurants in Jedburgh
Cuisines: Scottish, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: A family-run cafe and bookshop. We provide drinks, snacks, meals and cakes throughout the day (hot food available 10am - 4.30pm). Meals are made fresh to order; baking and soups are homemade. Lavazza coffee
Reviewed August 17, 2014

This week we have been here again after visiting it last year. We especially drove by Jedburgh to go to Abbey view on our way to the ferry in New Castle. People are very welcoming. The food is fresh and vey good. I always take the scones with cream and home made jam. These are delicious. We we return to Scotland we definitely will pass The Abbey View cafe again.

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

What a lovely little find. Visiting The Borders after a ten year absence and this wasn't here when I left. Very friendly staff cheap prices and a view of the Abbey to boot highly recommend.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

I dont really want to write a good review for this little cafe, as I dont want to be disappointed when I visit and cant get a table. The staff are very welcoming and the home made cakes are fab. The food is prepared as its ordered so be prepared for a wait, its worth it. I have been a few times now as I am a regular visitor to jedburgh and have been impressed each time I have visited. I do use other cafes in jedburgh but this one is the only one that consistently delivers to my expectations.

2  Thank kd5764
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We called in to this café one lunchtime last week for a well needed refreshment. Really good sandwiches were freshly made together with delicious apple cake and freshly made tea. What more could you ask for on a hot day. The staff were very friendly and if you are up in that part of the country do call in.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Welcoming, good food, though simple and short menu. Excellent service, spotlessly clean, home-made cakes, biscuits etc. Thank you to Sue Ryder staff for directing us this way!