“Absolutely Fantastic!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Greenhead
Holmhead Guest House
Ranked #2 of 3 Greenhead B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Just spent the weekend at Holmhead and the stay was brilliant as they say in the UK! The hosts Al and Judy are wonderfully welcoming; serve up a gorgeous English breakfast of local Cumberland sausage, eggs, tomato, etc. (ate more than I typically do at home in Arizona!); provide exceptionally clean and comfy rooms (and lovely and warm); and, of course the setting is fantastic with the gorgeous Northumberland countryside,Thirlwall Castle ruin in view, river, and trails. I shall return.

Room Tip: My room was I believe #1 with a view of Thirlwall Castle, lovely. View the other side of the hall wa...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Originally we were going to camp here but due to the weather decided to B&B and so glad we did! Fabulous location ,splendid property and really lovely owners.The room was very tasteful with everything you could need including very nice body wash and lotion!Not to mention the best breakfast we had while walking the wall.We cannot reccomend holmhead Guest House highly enough!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2012

My partner & I stayed here a while ago, but Tripadvisor wouldn't let me put an older date. Upon reading the other reviews,I am saddened that there has been a change of ownership but I guess the others retired. Pauline was an expert on all things Roman, & she reminded me off Miss Jean Brody! But great stay, loved the location, bit expensive. Would love to go again, but the cows in the field would make me nervous. It was sheep when I stayed there! :-) I am now on my own too so that would scare me. Loved Thirlwall Castle & the little stream at the back.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank CarrieOnScreaming
Reviewed June 4, 2012

My husband and I recently spent two nights at Holmhead and found the place comfortable and welcoming, the location slightly, but perfectly secluded, and the owners to be very warm and accommodating. The decor is tasteful and classy and the rooms very clean and comfortable. Having a ruined castle almost in the garden is a nice touch!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kathy M
Reviewed May 24, 2012

The host and hostess were lovely, very friendly,The rooms were great and the views outstanding . I will be back. I liiked the modern shower and wet room and the tasteful decor and furniture.
So glad I found Holmhead

Room Tip: Both rooms I saw had wonderful views either of a castle or of a sweeping landscape
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I have just returned from my first visit to Holmhead. Although it was my first visit, it certainly won't be my last. Alan and Judy were very welcoming, friendly and knowledgeable; my room was spotlessly clean and the bed was very comfortable; and the breakfasts were excellent. On top of that, the local pub (10 minutes walk away) is also very good. All in all a very enjoyable experience and I would heartily recommend this guest house to anyone planning to visit the area.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank John S
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I was attending a wedding at a nearby castle and my partner went biking in Keswick, booked in advance to this lovely B&B and the very friendly owner gave us perfect directions as going it alone would have been difficult. We arrived quite late but rang ahead, this was no problem to the owners. No TVs in the room but there is a great communal room with big comfy sofas and a TV. The next morning was the delight of the breakfast, there were a good selection of fruit, cereals and a cooked breakfast. You can pick and mix what you like but we went for the whole thing. Most of the ingredients were locally sources; bacon, eggs, and sausages. Totally delicious!! Owners were very knowledgeable about walks and trials around the area, we will use this B&B again.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice and quiet
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Nickie007

Been to Holmhead Guest House? Share your experiences!