“Afternoon Tea”
Review of The Orangery

The Orangery
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Glenridding
Dining options: Reservations
Description: With astounding panoramic views of Ullswater and the surrounding fells, the Orangery at the Inn on the Lake welcomes residents and non-residents to relax and enjoy the scenery whilst enjoying a light snack, lunch, afternoon tea, evening meal or cocktail. Come inside the Orangery where you can enjoy the bright and airy space of this architectural delight, whilst admiring the simple and dramatic statements made by the contemporary yet warmly inviting furnishings; the unique glass and driftwood table, a dazzling Italian Crystal Globe chandelier, and not forgetting the commissioned artwork above the quirky and very original fireplace. Open every day from 10am.
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Afternoon Tea”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Have been to the Orangery a few times for a beverage, staff are very friendly and the view over the lake is amazing.

Visited February 2014

Ilkley, United Kingdom
“Orangery restaurant”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Booked a table and was shown at different menu to what we were offered on the night.Took 5 mins to be shown to our table on arrival.Our starter caused a problem due to lack of Feta cheese,and took forever to get it sorted.We had so many change of waiter/waitress and there did not know who was doing what.The service was so slow we gave up after 2 courses.The next day I went back in with one of their comments card to give feedback which I was too upset to do on the night.I was treated very rudely by a manager who could not believe that we could be so displeased with our meal, as they get good feedback by 99% of people who go there?I felt we were not listened to and treated very badly.

manageriotl, General Manager at The Orangery, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Susan

Just to clarify your comments. I'm sorry you were displeased with your experience at the Orangery.You left in the evening saying nothing then came to the hotel the following day. You were quite vocal and when asked if you had mentioned anything on the previous evening to which you replied no, this makes it very difficult as we feel its only fair to make us aware so we can rectify any problems at the time which we would be more than happy to do.You are misleading in what I said, I only mentioned that its very busy but 99% of people we manage to please but like any business it wouldn't be true to say that we don't have the very rare dissatisfied costumer.Your comment card said average but you then went on to say it was appalling and then went on to threaten me with trip advisor , so please forgive me if you thought I was less than understanding.You have been less than kind in your other reviews of a very well established business in Glenridding, owners and managers only ask for the opportunity to rectify problems and we welcome constructive feedback but when people use review sites as leverage to get what they think they deserve then it no longer becomes constructive but unfair.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“You will not regret it”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Had complimentary afternoon tea here as part of a stay at the inn on the lake, just tea and scone but they were great, another couple were having the sharing tapas, wow, looked so good we ate in here that night, great, waitress was Kelly, she could not do enough for us, absolute gem, beautifully done out for Christmas, very tastefully decorated you will not find a better location and a big plus for us we could have our dog with us :) worth mentioning that all the staff were great,not just Kelly, the management here seem to have the knack of finding great staff and getting the best out of them. Thanks again and looking forward to our next visit.

• Visited December 2013
“Relaxing”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I booked a midweek short break for my wife and myself, We arrived at the Inn on the lake early afternoon, After checking in we took a seat in the "Orangery" we odered an afternoon tea which was very nice, But the jewel in the crown was the relaxing atmosphere and the stunning views of lake ullswater "Bliss"

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Peter D
Dalrymple
“Wonderful afternoon tea”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Wow !!! When you walk in it takes your breath away. We had a 3 tier afternoon tea and it was delightful. The staff ( I think she was called Christine) was so polite and helpful. We couldn't eat it all so sneaked it up to our room. This really is quite a special part of an already beautiful hotel.

• Visited October 2013