Visited for a 2 night mid week break for some r & r before our baby is born. Booked a last minute deal online which was great value. Expected bargain basement treatment (happens so often when booked under an offer) but was pleased to find we received fabulous service, a great room and sublime food!
We arrived early but the friendly and efficient receptionist made the effort to get our room ready which was much appreciated! Room 32 was spacious and luxurious with a lovely view of the fells.
Staff were courteous and genuinely interested in guests, remembering our names and drinks order each day. Special mention goes to our waiter who managed that difficult balance between friendly and professional and made us feel welcome and looked after.
The food was out of this world, we upgraded to the a la carte for just 10pp extra and it was sooo worth it! As a chef I find that eating out can be tricky as I find myself looking for faults/ improvements but I can honestly say that the quality, choice and execution was stunning.
A great hotel for rest, relaxation and indulgence in a beautiful location, I hope to visit again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn on the Lake Hotel ia a 4 star hotel that enjoys one of the most spectacular settings in the Lake District in 15 acres of grounds with lawns sweeping to the shores of Lake Ullswater. The Inn on the Lake is only 12 miles from the M6 motorway and the drive is very dramatic with the road curving around the Lake and the backdrop scenery of the fells. There are 47 en-suite bedrooms, all thoughtfully designed with most rooms having breathtaking views, some looking towards the magnificent Helvellyn mountain range, while the majority look over the ever changing Ullswater. Each room is fully equipped with everything you come to expect in this quality 4 star hotel. For that special occasion upgrade to a superior room or one of the very popular, stunning four-poster bedrooms. From the moment you walk into reception you will find an interior that compliments this fabulous setting. This leads through to the popular Lounge Bar where a warm welcome awaits with large bay windows overlooking the well landscaped gardens, which lead to the hotels jetties on Ullswater. Enjoy a drink any time of the day, a light lunch or afternoon tea in the Lounge or on our Lakeside terrace. The award-winning 2 AA Rosette Lake View Restaurant provides something for all tastes, or for less formal dining The Ramblers Bar, situated within the hotel’s grounds, offers the option to enjoy a pint of real ale. The hotel also has its own outdoor activities including pitch & putt, croquet and children's outdoor play area. Gary and his team at The Inn on the Lake Hotel look forward to welcoming you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Inn on the Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn On The Lake Hotel Glenridding
- Inn On The Lake Ullswater
- Inn On The Lake Glenridding, England