This is the third time we have stayed at this family run hotel, and we had high expectations..... we were not disappointed.
It has been over 10 years since our last visit, and we have spent our holiday time travelling the world. However sitting on the edge of Ullswater, the scenery here is simply stunning and many world wide locations just don't compete.
The hotel itself has been well maintained and improved over the last 10 years. The new Orangery is lovely, I had never tried hot pimms before, it's delicious and tastes even better when it's complimentary.
We had a lakeside view room, a must if you can afford it. Even at dusk, it was lovely to look out over the grounds and see the beautifully lit pagoda. The room was very hot at first, but the heating can quickly be adjusted.
The room had a large flat screen TV, that could be easily turned to watch from either the seating area or the bed. However we preferred just looking at the views from our floor to ceiling windows.
The bathroom had the thickest fluffiest towels you could want.
All the staff were very welcoming and friendly, the reception team gave an excellent first impression, and we relaxed as soon as we had arrived. The waiting staff were brilliant and we would like to give a special thank you to Nina and Paul who both seem to genuinely care that you are not just enjoying your meal but your whole stay. (There is a very nice man in charge of service, who also deserves a mention but he does not wear a name badge)
Whilst we were there, there was a wedding going on, but it did not effect our stay at all.
Finally, the food.... We cannot believe that any of the negative comments we have previously read have been correct. The meals we ate were all so delicious, and the menus quite exciting with every course featuring a list of mouthwatering items. If you cannot manage to stay here, it would still be worth visiting just for the food.
We certainly won't leave it 10 years until our next visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn on the Lake Hotel ia a 4 star hotel that enjoys one of the most spectacular settings in the Lake District in 15 acres of grounds with lawns sweeping to the shores of Lake Ullswater. The Inn on the Lake is only 12 miles from the M6 motorway and the drive is very dramatic with the road curving around the Lake and the backdrop scenery of the fells. There are 47 en-suite bedrooms, all thoughtfully designed with most rooms having breathtaking views, some looking towards the magnificent Helvellyn mountain range, while the majority look over the ever changing Ullswater. Each room is fully equipped with everything you come to expect in this quality 4 star hotel. For that special occasion upgrade to a superior room or one of the very popular, stunning four-poster bedrooms. From the moment you walk into reception you will find an interior that compliments this fabulous setting. This leads through to the popular Lounge Bar where a warm welcome awaits with large bay windows overlooking the well landscaped gardens, which lead to the hotels jetties on Ullswater. Enjoy a drink any time of the day, a light lunch or afternoon tea in the Lounge or on our Lakeside terrace. The award-winning 2 AA Rosette Lake View Restaurant provides something for all tastes, or for less formal dining The Ramblers Bar, situated within the hotel’s grounds, offers the option to enjoy a pint of real ale. The hotel also has its own outdoor activities including pitch & putt, croquet and children's outdoor play area. Gary and his team at The Inn on the Lake Hotel look forward to welcoming you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and LateRooms so you can book your Inn on the Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn On The Lake Hotel Glenridding
- Inn On The Lake Ullswater
- Inn On The Lake Glenridding, England