“Ahhhh! And Relax”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Glenridding
Manchester, England
“Ahhhh! And Relax”
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Took my children to a wedding here on the 1st Feb. What a great hotel, very welcoming staff and a lovely lovely place. Suite with lake view was perfect and we will be back soon!! Clearly this place is run with great pride and it shows in everything they do.

Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (549)
cumbria
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have just returned from a one night stay at this beautiful hotel. The staff are a real asset to the hotel, all friendly, helpful and chatty. A welcome change compared to some hotels. The food was amazing, the setting even on a wet day was gorgeous, the orangery is beautiful. Cannot find one fault. We will be back. To anyone thinking of going, book a lake view room if you can x

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 6, 2014

On the two occasions I have been invited for Afternoon Tea at this beautiful hotel I have come away hugely disappointed by the service. Following my most recent visit I gave the hotel opportunity to explain why our party had to speak to their staff several times to get served, tables cleared and drinks brought to our table. The reply I have just received is unsatisfactory; 'On this particular Sunday,out of season, it appeared everybody wanted to visit the hotel'. At no time did we feel that staff were apologetic or even cared about their customers, or indeed, that there had been an unexpected influx of visitors! Tea fine but inappropriately presented. Don't choose a busy Sunday, as despite its stunning location, this cannot make up for lack of staff and poor service!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Lois S
manageriotl, General Manager at Inn on the Lake, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. You wrote to me, I replied and obviously you weren't satisfied with my response thus posting your negative review on trip ad visor. I said to you in my response that we were very busy on that particular day and although that wasn't an excuse it was a reason for the delay. Everything is made fresh to order so a wait on busy days is inevitable. You were all offered drinks and accepted as a way of an apology but again obviously this wasn't enough. I have to say the other 60 people we served afternoon tea on that particular day left very positive feedback on there forms and very generous gratuities.But again let me apologise if you feel we fell short of your expectations.

Kind regards

Gary Wilson
Northwich
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We are usually regulars at Lodore Falls, but after hearing some fantastic reviews of this sister hotel we decided to give it a try......and are we glad we did.
I was initially a little worried as our 12 week old son was with us, we would be allocated a room in the quietest depths of the hotel for fear that our baby would upset other guests. I couldn't have been more wrong. We were greeted with the most luxurious room overlooking the lake and snow capped mountains, with ample space for the travel cot and all the other paraphernalia that accompanies a young baby.
I had emailed ahead to ask about dining options (we were on dbb) as knowing the standard of the restaurant at Lodore I didn't want to impose my chorus of baa baa black sheep on any of the other guests should my son require some dinner time entertainment. They promptly emailed back with the option to eat in the orangery, should we wish. We enjoyed two lovely meals in the orangery which is absolutely stunning, and felt extremely comfortable and not an imposition to anyone. It was lovely to see other couples dining with their dogs too. Just because people have babies or pets that they enjoy spending time with doesn't means we should have to compromise on quality. The Inn on the Lake makes this possible.
My son was adored by all the staff who were as expected, extremely friendly and helpful.
This chain of hotels in my opinion has got it spot on, and I can see why as we do many guests return again and again for an unforgettable break in an unforgettable location.
Many thanks to all the staff who made out first family holiday truly wonderful.

Room Tip: Room 19 has stunning views
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We stayed at the Inn on the Lake on the 31st January 2014 after selecting a winter package deal, which included dinner, bed and breakfast, winter Pimms and crumpets.
The hotel is beautiful, with magnificent views of Lake Ullswater. Although we had booked a standard room, we were delighted to have been given a complimentary upgrade to a lake view room with fabulous views over the manicured gardens, lake and fells.
The weather was dreadful, but our room was lovely and warm, decorated beautifully and very, very comfortable.
I have to commend all the staff we encountered at the Inn on the Lake. Their attentive service was appreciated and we were made to feel special, relaxed and valued.
We highly recommend this hotel and would return in a heartbeat. Thank you to everyone who made our short stay so memorable.

Room Tip: Lake view rooms are stunning
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Yorkshire, UK
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We stayed at Inn On The Lake between the19th and 21st January 2014 after selecting a winter deal package which included dinner, bed and breakfast and winter Pimms.

The hotel is in fantastic condition and in a lovely location with superb views over Ullswater. The food was superb however we were disappointed that the Ramblers bar was not open each day.

Staff were friendly and helpful and it was great that we could take the dog too. The rooms and bathrooms were clean and well decorated with all we needed for our stay. The Orangery was lovely and so relaxing sat next to the fire.

We would not hesitate to re-visit and would highly recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
cheshire
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Having married at the inn on the lake in 2010 both myself and my husband were lucky enough to spend christmas 2013 at this stunning hotel on their xmas package. From the moment we arrived until the time came for us to head back home the level of service we received from every member of staff was excellent. Food was plentiful and delicious with a very extensive menu choice every evening alongside a varied wine list. We thought the mulled wine and marshmallows served in the beautifully lit gazebo on both xmas eve and Xmas day was a lovely touch and we thoroughly enjoyed the casino evening on Boxing Day. Lunch in the orangery is defiantly not to be missed either
A big thank you to Gary and the team for a wonderful christmas and we hope to stay with you again very soon

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glenridding
Best Western Glenridding Hotel
#1 of 1 in Pooley Bridge
Armathwaite Hall Hotel & Spa
Armathwaite Hall Hotel & Spa
#3 of 5 in Bassenthwaite

Been to Inn on the Lake? Share your experiences!