It's all about the location when it comes to this hotel. It is ideally situated on the edge of Ullswater lake. The hotel itself is a beautiful old building which is very well maintained. We had a double room and it was extremely comfortable even if not that spacious. There are plenty of lovely areas to sit and enjoy the view, weather permitting, it does tend to rain a lot here!
We did not have a room with lake views but I would definitely recommend getting a lake view room if possible.
The service was extremely slow unfortunately. My partner was left standing for 25 mins when trying to order a coffee at the bar. I found similar issues when trying to order a drink.
Breakfast was great and couldn't be faulted. The views from the dining room are also beautiful.
When checking out I found the receptionist to be quite rude unfortunately, she seemed more interested in getting rid of us and never asked if we enjoyed our stay etc.
This hotel is very pricey but not surprising due to the location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn on the Lake Hotel ia a 4 star hotel that enjoys one of the most spectacular settings in the Lake District in 15 acres of grounds with lawns sweeping to the shores of Lake Ullswater. The Inn on the Lake is only 12 miles from the M6 motorway and the drive is very dramatic with the road curving around the Lake and the backdrop scenery of the fells. There are 47 en-suite bedrooms, all thoughtfully designed with most rooms having breathtaking views, some looking towards the magnificent Helvellyn mountain range, while the majority look over the ever changing Ullswater. Each room is fully equipped with everything you come to expect in this quality 4 star hotel. For that special occasion upgrade to a superior room or one of the very popular, stunning four-poster bedrooms. From the moment you walk into reception you will find an interior that compliments this fabulous setting. This leads through to the popular Lounge Bar where a warm welcome awaits with large bay windows overlooking the well landscaped gardens, which lead to the hotels jetties on Ullswater. Enjoy a drink any time of the day, a light lunch or afternoon tea in the Lounge or on our Lakeside terrace. The award-winning 2 AA Rosette Lake View Restaurant provides something for all tastes, or for less formal dining The Ramblers Bar, situated within the hotel’s grounds, offers the option to enjoy a pint of real ale. The hotel also has its own outdoor activities including pitch & putt, croquet and children's outdoor play area. Gary and his team at The Inn on the Lake Hotel look forward to welcoming you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, LateRooms and TripOnline SA so you can book your Inn on the Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn On The Lake Hotel Glenridding
- Inn On The Lake Ullswater
- Inn On The Lake Glenridding, England