My new wife and I stumbled across this hotel 6 weeks ago, when we were looking for a one night break in the lakes. We then saw that they did weddings, so decided to go and take a look. The pictures looked nice, but we were not prepared for the stunning location, views, hotel, friendly staff and welcoming manager, which we found when we got there. We've stayed in a number of hotels in the Lakes and most are very nice, but there's always something that looked a bit tired or needs refurbishing. NOT in the Inn on the Lake. Superb, Superb, Superb !!! And as I've read on here before, the gardens are the gardens God would have, so beautiful ... After a chat with Gary (the hotel manager) we booked our wedding (at 5 weeks notice!). The hotel helped, advised, offered ideas, they were just brilliant. On our wedding weekend, we were welcomed by reception, made to feel that our wedding was the most important thing for the staff, which made us feel very special. In particular, Paul, in the restaurant, was amazing. he chatted, joked, welcomed, looked after us all, young and old, he is a real character. He should get a raise!! And made our stay that much more in so many ways. In fact the service was fantastic in the bar, the restaurant, reception, the manager, Tim the wedding organiser.
Take the opportunity to use the Golf course (more than a pitch and putt), the kayaks on the lake, the steamer round the lake, lots of walks to do.
To end this review I would just like to offer our heart felt thanks to Gary, Paul, Tim and the whole Team for making our wedding on 15th July 2013, absolutely memorable, emotional, comical, VERY SPECIAL! THANK YOU ... :-)) We can't wait to come back and stay again, we loved it ...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn on the Lake Hotel ia a 4 star hotel that enjoys one of the most spectacular settings in the Lake District in 15 acres of grounds with lawns sweeping to the shores of Lake Ullswater. The Inn on the Lake is only 12 miles from the M6 motorway and the drive is very dramatic with the road curving around the Lake and the backdrop scenery of the fells. There are 47 en-suite bedrooms, all thoughtfully designed with most rooms having breathtaking views, some looking towards the magnificent Helvellyn mountain range, while the majority look over the ever changing Ullswater. Each room is fully equipped with everything you come to expect in this quality 4 star hotel. For that special occasion upgrade to a superior room or one of the very popular, stunning four-poster bedrooms. From the moment you walk into reception you will find an interior that compliments this fabulous setting. This leads through to the popular Lounge Bar where a warm welcome awaits with large bay windows overlooking the well landscaped gardens, which lead to the hotels jetties on Ullswater. Enjoy a drink any time of the day, a light lunch or afternoon tea in the Lounge or on our Lakeside terrace. The award-winning 2 AA Rosette Lake View Restaurant provides something for all tastes, or for less formal dining The Ramblers Bar, situated within the hotel’s grounds, offers the option to enjoy a pint of real ale. The hotel also has its own outdoor activities including pitch & putt, croquet and children's outdoor play area. Gary and his team at The Inn on the Lake Hotel look forward to welcoming you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, LateRooms, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Inn on the Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn On The Lake Hotel Glenridding
- Inn On The Lake Ullswater
- Inn On The Lake Glenridding, England