Travelled over to England on a short break last week. Arranged in a hurry so hoping to get accommodation on arrival. Arrived at Inn on the Lake really just for lunch in the adjoining Rambler's Inn. (This was excellent). After lunch we wandered around the grounds and fell in love with the general ambience and the views. The receptionist quoted the walk in rate and was able to sort out some extra beds so that my family group of six were accommodated in two rooms. (Lots of hotels would go for the three options to squeeze a bit more money out of you!). We stayed in Rooms 16 and 19. The views sold the rooms themselves.One problem with the lovely views from the rooms was that in the morning , which was beautifully sunny the rooms became a little warm . They were well finished and of 5 Star standard. Tina, on reception was more than helpful and was able to suggest walks in the area. Night manager (From South Africa) was happy to serve a few drinks after hours and in no way made you feel rushed. A very pleasant approach all round. The breakfast in the morning was good. Nice selection although the pancakes my wife had were a little chewy and one would think they came from a packet and heated in microwave.Sorry we were only staying for one night. One small, but important to some , problem was the poor Wi Fi service. It was difficult to get logged on and signal strength was poor and kept dropping out. If you need to do some internet checking etc maybe do it before you arrive or in the public areas downstairs were it appeared to work better but was still inconsistent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn on the Lake Hotel ia a 4 star hotel that enjoys one of the most spectacular settings in the Lake District in 15 acres of grounds with lawns sweeping to the shores of Lake Ullswater. The Inn on the Lake is only 12 miles from the M6 motorway and the drive is very dramatic with the road curving around the Lake and the backdrop scenery of the fells. There are 47 en-suite bedrooms, all thoughtfully designed with most rooms having breathtaking views, some looking towards the magnificent Helvellyn mountain range, while the majority look over the ever changing Ullswater. Each room is fully equipped with everything you come to expect in this quality 4 star hotel. For that special occasion upgrade to a superior room or one of the very popular, stunning four-poster bedrooms. From the moment you walk into reception you will find an interior that compliments this fabulous setting. This leads through to the popular Lounge Bar where a warm welcome awaits with large bay windows overlooking the well landscaped gardens, which lead to the hotels jetties on Ullswater. Enjoy a drink any time of the day, a light lunch or afternoon tea in the Lounge or on our Lakeside terrace. The award-winning 2 AA Rosette Lake View Restaurant provides something for all tastes, or for less formal dining The Ramblers Bar, situated within the hotel’s grounds, offers the option to enjoy a pint of real ale. The hotel also has its own outdoor activities including pitch & putt, croquet and children's outdoor play area. Gary and his team at The Inn on the Lake Hotel look forward to welcoming you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Inn on the Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn On The Lake Hotel Glenridding
- Inn On The Lake Ullswater
- Inn On The Lake Glenridding, England