We stayed here just after New Year for 1 night.
We have a Labrador and wanted to do some walking but have a nice hotel to go back to afterwards to relax in after a day on the fells.
The hotel is a little pricey but you certainly get what you pay for. We had a dog friendly Fell View room, absolutely spotless, no trace of previous doggies at all, fantastic.
Room was on the small side, I would upgrade to a superior if staying more than the one night, the bathroom however was massive.
The pub attached to the hotel is dog friendly and served great food (again, spotless for all you non-dog lovers).
The best bit for me was the relaxing lounge that we went in for the evening, it all looks brand new and had a roaring fire going, so cosy and beautiful after a freezing day out walking.
Well behaved dogs are allowed in the lounge too, so it was great to take our Lab in there and relax without having to put her in the car.
The staff were fantastic, printed off some walks for us that went straight from the hotel (everything from 2 miles up to 15 miles) and when in the lounge later on, a fantastic barman brought us our drinks and made a fuss of our dog and then came back with some doggy treats for her.
We stay in a lot of luxury hotels, (mainly without our dog as they are not ususally allowed!) and I can assure you that this hotel will not dissapoint.
We also have a lot of non-dog lovers in our family and I know that they would have loved it here too as it was spotless and no traces of hairy doggies to be found, perfect!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn on the Lake Hotel ia a 4 star hotel that enjoys one of the most spectacular settings in the Lake District in 15 acres of grounds with lawns sweeping to the shores of Lake Ullswater. The Inn on the Lake is only 12 miles from the M6 motorway and the drive is very dramatic with the road curving around the Lake and the backdrop scenery of the fells. There are 47 en-suite bedrooms, all thoughtfully designed with most rooms having breathtaking views, some looking towards the magnificent Helvellyn mountain range, while the majority look over the ever changing Ullswater. Each room is fully equipped with everything you come to expect in this quality 4 star hotel. For that special occasion upgrade to a superior room or one of the very popular, stunning four-poster bedrooms. From the moment you walk into reception you will find an interior that compliments this fabulous setting. This leads through to the popular Lounge Bar where a warm welcome awaits with large bay windows overlooking the well landscaped gardens, which lead to the hotels jetties on Ullswater. Enjoy a drink any time of the day, a light lunch or afternoon tea in the Lounge or on our Lakeside terrace. The award-winning 2 AA Rosette Lake View Restaurant provides something for all tastes, or for less formal dining The Ramblers Bar, situated within the hotel’s grounds, offers the option to enjoy a pint of real ale. The hotel also has its own outdoor activities including pitch & putt, croquet and children's outdoor play area. Gary and his team at The Inn on the Lake Hotel look forward to welcoming you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms, Agoda, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Inn on the Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn On The Lake Hotel Glenridding
- Inn On The Lake Ullswater
- Inn On The Lake Glenridding, England