1,896 results
All reviewsramblers barfell view roomwedding guestsstunning locationafternoon teasconeswedding breakfastwedding venuechristmas decorationsthe general managersteamersfeature roomevery member of stafffantastic hotelmain restaurantstandard roomhigh standard
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Wonderful Hotel, lovely setting & on Ullswater Lake side.
The room was very clean, the staff very polite & helpful, the atmosphere calm and the food was lovely.
A little blip with room, stayed in room 10, was quite near to the kitchens which shouldn't be a problem, but was very noisy overnight, was either the fan/air conditioning or vents, have emailed the hotel but havent received a reply as yet.
Otherwise had a lovely stay.

Room Tip: Lake view a must
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2011

Having got married here in 2002 we return every year for our wedding anniversary. We always have the same room (19) I love coming here from pulling up on the drive until its time to go. The staff are excellent , and it is lovely to see Darren the Restaurant Manager still there and doing so well.
The room is always spotless . Its a huge room with a lovely bay window overlooking the lake with an additional large side window.
I understand the hotel is going to be decorated downstairs and I know they have been gradualling decorating the bedrooms. A few rooms now have balconies which have perspex sides so they dont look out of place.
I have never been disappointed with the food or the wine.
I appreciate what has been said about there being a lot of weddings. The setting is so beautiful thats why it is so popular. I have never felt less looked after when a wedding is going on. Any noisy guests will be spoken to .
As long as these standards are maintained we will still keep coming back.
Gary should be proud of his staff!

Reviewed September 2, 2011

I don't usually leave a review, however after reading some of the negitive reviews left by other guests I would just like to say, we had a super midweek break, food and service could not have been better, room first class. Would not hesitate returning

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed August 30, 2011

This was our first time at the Inn on the Lake and we had an amazing time. Had a lovely Fell View room which was well appointed and very clean. The appointed star rating does not do it any justice; food and service far exceeded what we expected, with friendly and professional staff.
Spent the weekend walking the fells and soaking up the break-taking views from the lounge. Thanks for a lovely stay - will definitely be back!

Reviewed August 29, 2011

I don't normally write reviews but after seeing the last review regarding the Inn on the Lake ,i would like to say to Andy.W. your sat nav must be wrong and you stayed somewhere else. I've stopped at the Inn on the Lake several times and all i can say is that the food is fantastic and the staff so welcoming,its far from ''pub grub'' or i need to start eating at his local. We've always enjoyed our stay at this ,our favorite hotel simply because of the warm friendly atmosphere,fabulous food and fantastic views.
I would have no quarms in recommending this hotel to anybody.

1  Thank richard g