“Super experience”

Glenridding Sailing Centre
More attraction details
Owner description: Glenridding Sailing Centre, is a small sailing and activity centre based at the stunning southern end of Ullswater, in the Lake District. We provide a wide range of high quality, fun-filled outdoor activities, from sailing tuition, to team building activities, to canoe and kayak hire.
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Steve, the instructor, made this an interesting and informative trip for me and two friends. I had never sailed before but felt safe and in control.
A wonderful experience, thank you.

Glenridding S, Front Office Manager at Glenridding Sailing Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Thank you for your time in writing a review. We are very dedicated to making our sailing taster sessions a mixture of exciting and informative, while in a safe environment, and our pleased that you found it to be so. We're very glad that you enjoyed your sail, particularly as the weather looked so unfavourable earlier in the day!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

This is a great place to keep a boat. We moved our newly-acquired Hawk 20 here in August and all the staff (and the other clients) have been outstandingly friendly and helpful.

Thanks very much for your review. We're glad you've enjoyed having your Hawk 20 down at the spit. We pride ourselves on being a friendly centre, so it's nice to hear that that has been your experience too!

Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

We finally got round to hiring a sailing boat from here for a few hours while on one of our regular trips to the area.
The very friendly and accommodating shore team got us started in one of their stable and sturdy traditional boats.
Some of our rusty sailing skills came back to us - enough anyway to get us back dry and unhurt - but grinning.
Good fun had by all!

Glenridding S, Front Office Manager at Glenridding Sailing Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We love our stable traditional boats, and are glad that you've enjoyed them too! Great to hear that you had such a good time, and we hope to see you on the water again next season.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I was very lucky to receive a 3 hour sailing experience with Glenridding Sailing Centre last Christmas from my girlfriend. I claimed the voucher deciding to take a 1 night break with her in October.

I can honestly say hand on heart, this is one of the best experiences I have ever had. It was made even more enjoyable by an awesome instructor. He said he tried sailing out a few years ago and he's never looked back and I'm starting to feel the same.

There is something about sailing that grabs you - after a couple of hours being tutoured you are able to feel the wind almost intuitively to balance the sails on a boat - it is an incredible feeling.

I'm now looking at joining my local sailing club and saving up to purchase a boat next year. A boat I will be bringing back to sale on Ullswater when my nautical skills allow me to! :)

One very happy customer, and a massive thank you to the team.

Chris Fox

Thanks very much for your review. We're delighted that you enjoyed it so much, and even more so that you've now got the sailing bug! We look forward to meeting you out on the water in the future!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

My 10 and 4 year old daughters and husband took out a canadian canoe, they loved it! By the end of our hols (we stayed at the quiet site) our 10 year old had done a full day 'swallows and amazons' experience which was amazing, been sailing learning RYA stage 1, kayaking and jumping off cliffs into the water. Our family had never done this sort of thing before! We are now going to buy a canadian canoe and can't wait to go again. The setting and staff were exceptional.

Glenridding S, Front Office Manager at Glenridding Sailing Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Thanks so much for taking the time to give us a review. We're very glad you enjoyed your visit. It's lovely to hear that from having never done this kind of thing before, you're now looking to buy a canoe! We look forward to seeing you again.