“Excellent food, good service”

Fellbites Cafe and Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Glenridding
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Fellbites cafe restaurant is situated in the centre of Glenridding serving hot and cold snacks, yummy cakes, scones, tea and coffee throughout the day. From Friday to Tuesday an evening menu is available serving locally sourced produce.
Cambridge, UK
“Excellent food, good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

We stumbled up this place after trying to get into several other local places who couldn't accommodate us (7 in total on a Saturday night!) So pleased we went here, food was superb, lovely friendly staff and reasonably priced.

Ambleside, United Kingdom
“Unfriendly reception and service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

We were the only people at the counter and when no smile or eye contact or pleasantries were forthcoming, I asked if everything was alright and told that it was, they were just busy! It was a very unpleasant experience despite lovely coffee and cakes! Why, oh why in a beautiful tourist area of The Lake District (where we live) do people work in places they clearly don't like working? Visitors to this lovely cafe deserve better service.

• Visited September 2012
Preston
“Front of house staff poor”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Just wanting a snack and not at a busy time, we visited, as part of a larger group. The person taking the order was, well should I just say not very talkative, so there was no friendly welcome. On ordering, I took my change, walked outside and realised that I had been short changed by 50p. Oh well that will teach me to check my change as I get it.

Whilst sat at our outside table I saw food being delivered to another outside table and the person delivering the food spat something out on the floor as they passed our table. I could not believe it!

On the plus side, the food we did get was served fairly quickly and was of reasonable quality, but I will not be returning.

• Visited September 2012
UK
“A good find off the beaten track”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

Great menu, friendly staff and very well-cooked food. Not expensive. Steps from the Helvellyn trail. We visited several times during two stays over the past year.

• Visited April 2012
Wickham Market
“Tasty bites!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

Great bacon but ties, and really good value with the token in the steamer leaflet. Apparently all the sailors use this cafe regularly!

Visited September 2012