All reviews attending a wedding village hall four poster bed guest house stayed here for two nights ensuite room set you up for the day lovely room brilliant stay top floor comfortable bed breakfast was excellent full english breakfast cooked breakfast night stay ullswater helvellyn
Reviewed September 12, 2018

I stayed here as part of my Wainwright's Coast to Coast walk. It was quite a bit out of the way from the walk's trail, in the next village, actually from the village that the route ends for the day.

When I arrived, I wasn't really greeted by anyone. Eventually, a nice woman saw me and checked me in. I later found out that she was the parttime cleaner.

I was checked into a room right at the top - three narrow and steep stairs up. The room I had was OK, but the free wifi internet didn't cover this room as it must've been too high up. That was a real hassle.

My bag was being transferred and I waited for it for quite a while. After a couple of hours, I went downstairs to check only to find that the front door was locked (from the inside) with a note saying that the owner as away for a couple of hours. I looked beyond the front door (luckily it was part glass) and saw my bag just sitting there.

I was a little upset by that. It was essentially out on the street for anyone to pick up or rummage through. Luckily the door opened on the inside so that I could rescued it.

Overall, I wasn't terribly impressed.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo
Mosscrag, Owner at Mosscrag B&B, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Mosscrag.
I am sorry we were not around when you arrived, I can only assume we made an error about the time you were planning to arrive.
We have an arrangement with keys with the baggage moving companies, which clearly didn't work well this time, again, apologies, but we have never lost any luggage or contents in this very safe little village.
I just need to point out that we only have a first and second floor, so just two flights of stairs in total!
The wifi usually works as well as we can expect in our small village, on the occasions that it is weaker upstairs on the top(second) floor our guests can get a good signal in our comfortable guest lounge.

Kind regards

April Hook.

Reviewed September 1, 2018

We had a lovely 1 night stay here, April and Mark were wonderful hosts in this warm and welcoming B&B. All topped off by a delicious full breakfast. Also an added bonus is the free car park space just for guests.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank myreviewbydavid
Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here during a stay at Ullswater for one night and I can highly recommend it.
Room was clean and breakfast was delicious. Unfortunately because if our short notice we were unable to have an en-suite however bathroom was always available. I would certainly recommend the Mosscrag for any stay.
We were unable to meet the proprietors as they were on holiday however a family member was looking after the B&B so I will take this opportunity to thank Wendy and her housekeeper who made us very welcome.
Stephen/Sarah from Durham

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2018

These guys run a lovely place it was lovely me and my grandchild stayed for one night , room 8 was lovely gd nights sleep and a lovely breakfast..very clean in all areas carpark easy too thankyou
Arrived early no problem showed me where to park i was actuaaly in the right place.
Room was ready for 11 use of lounge was offerd we came back nearer the time.
Room was lovely the flowing river was lovely to here .. our bed was reaally comfy just enough bedding wc lovely and clean , we didnt do brews but the water was a nice touch.
Breakfast was lovely we tried to coax gc into food um aw well i reaaly enjoyed mine.
Thankyou to you both

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

Booked in for a 2 night stay, after re confirming the booking was really annnoyed that we arrived and the booking had been booked in a day later, so we had to source alternative accomodation for that night but they did try and phone round to help us out, however I felt due to this the hospitality was frosty even though it was their mistake.

We stayed in room 3, interior decore let the property down, dated and small room, blue tak holding the main ceilong light up, which didn't even work, poor electric shower and no bath. Also had the feeling the house next door was a HMO of foreign nationals who hung about outside late at night, Room 3 didn't give you a great sleep as no black out curtains and directly located above the breakfast room so too noisy.

Breakfast was cooked well and the location was good, but sadly the i only positives i can give this place.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Mosscrag, Owner at Mosscrag B&B, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

By the way, you stayed in room 4, not 3. (one room out).
I'm not sure who's error the wrong booking date was(one day out).
However, we immediately arranged alternative, local accommodation for you with any extra costs being met by ourselves, you declined this.
On your return the next day we gave you a bottle of wine as a gesture of compensation, which you accepted.
Disappointed you felt we were frosty, we could tell you weren't happy and we thought we had tried hard to welcome you.
Ah well.
The people who live next door to us are staff at a local hotel and are friendly and courteous, yes some of them are 'foreign' as you put it- not sure why this was a problem?
You got us on the blu-tak- a temporary repair for a very busy room.
I hope your partner enjoyed his birthday.

Regards,