“A very welcome stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Arce

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Baiona
Hotel Arce
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Baiona
Bentonville, Arkansas
“A very welcome stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

I spent two weeks in Europe on business and a friend recommended this hotel for the weekend layover. It was great "down time" for me. The staff is very personable. The coffee shop was a nice place to relax and use the wifi. I took advantage of their laundry service. The room was cozy and I took advantage to have the doors open to the balcony. I had several pleasant conversations with the owner. Great restaurants, sights and attractions are nearby (some walking, some by car). I cannot wait to bring my wife some day!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank 76Crist76

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

We had a very fun and truly memorable 1-night stay here in early May, when visiting the area to plan for our upcoming wedding near Baiona. What we thought was simply a convenient stopover en route back to Porto airport, ended up being the 18-hour highlight of our weekend!!

Our Hotel Arce hosts were extremely welcoming and as other reviews have indicated, definitely made our stay feel more like a night spent with friends than a hotel stay. They were very helpful with local recommendations and tips, and we loved being able to enjoy a bottle of wine and tapas at the hotel bar.

It's an easy (flat) walk of 20-30 minutes along the waterfront into Baiona old town from the hotel, but there are also several good tapas bars/restaurants just a few minutes walk away.

A great place to stay (at a great price for very nice, clean, recently refurbished rooms), and lovely hosts to make it even more enjoyable - ensuring we've recommended Hotel Arce to our wedding guests who'll be coming to the area this Summer!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

You immediately feel welcome by the hosts of this family run hotel, and just seem to be part of the community for the time you are there, because the coffee shop attracts locals and hotel guests alike. I don't know how they do it but you just feel so at home from the word go. Didn't expect to become part of the twice weekly english language class, but it just added to the fun. Thank you for a lovely stay.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank morgan013
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Annabelle & Robert own and run this hotel and you notice immediately that they care about you and your needs. To read the phrase "a family run hotel" always makes it sound to me you are staying in a Bed and Breakfast but this immaculately clean, well designed and well run hotel is not a Bed and Breakfast and should be listed as a high 4 star hotel but it really has a great family feeling. This difference here is the owners and staff really care about your stay and want to provide what they can to make your stay the best.

I was working for the weekend and did not get much time to spend in the hotel or the very popular coffee bar but it has a warm and very friendly atmosphere. The cakes and sweets made in house by Anabel were very tempting and hard to pass by.

They offered me a kettle in the the room which I love as making a good cup of tea is essential for my travels. Internet was free and very good , I was even streaming TV shows which rarely happens in hotels. The bedrooms were modern with great bed and as it was a cold weekend the room was very warm, and the bathrooms were large and well fitted. The hotel is very quiet and I heard no noise from the street and my room was at the front,
They allowed me a late check out as I was working on the Sunday which was great for me to take a shower before travel.

Simply put , I loved this hotel and I think you would be crazy to stay anywhere else if your travels take you to Baiona !

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank go2mike
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

Our hosts, Anabel & Rob showed us all the available rooms when we arrived. They were all to the same very high standard. The coffee bar has a warm and friendly atmosphere. They were very helpful and knowledgeable about the surrounding area. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Swales76
hillsborough
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

I stayed at Hotel Arce while on a short business trip to Baiona in September. The only snag was local road repairs at the time but the hotel was great despite the hassle. The owners and staff were very proactive, friendly and professional but maintained an informal atmosphere that puts their customers at ease. The owners are a Spanish and British couple who are cheerful and responsive. The rooms were very clean, simple, light and comfortable. The cafeteria downstairs is small but very good and many of the locals use it during the day which gives it a pleasant flair. The place is conveniently located for that locale. I'll definitely use this hotel again and would recommend it to anyone else visiting the area.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Robert A
Northamptonshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

What a beautiful hotel in a beautiful location. Clean modern and stylish rooms. Centrally placed. Great Cafe downstairs with the best coffee and milkshakes I have ever tasted. Would recommend. Bayona is very near and a wonderful hidden gem of Spain with nice shops, lots of bars, fantastic fish restaurants and a harbour with nice walks around the town.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tanya S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baiona
Parador de Baiona
Tres Carabelas Hotel-Residencia
Hotel Anunciada
Hotel Anunciada
#7 of 7 in Baiona

Been to Hotel Arce? Share your experiences!