“Try the tavern”
Review of Parador de Baiona

Parador de Baiona
Reserve with
Parador de Baiona is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 77 Restaurants in Baiona
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

The Parador has two restaurants: the main one in their main building and the "tavern" in an annex literally hanging on the cliff, right on the water.

The views in the tavern are spectacular (best views of Islas Cíes) and the menu comprised of typical Galician cuisine -at very reasonable prices for a Parador. The staff are simply fantastic, super-friendly and professional.

The menu in the main restaurant is more sophisticated (and expensive) but also full of local specialties. While the staff is also fantastic, our experience was spoiled by the maître, unresponsive and unprofessional -too bad, given the excellent quality of the dishes prepared by an excellent chef.

2  Thank Luisa U
There are newer reviews for Parador de Baiona

Reviewed October 10, 2013

this may explain why my review today in incomplete. It is very difficult to communicate with you with other info than what you specifically want. Hope this is helpful. patdemarietta
Dear Alazne: Due to the acts of the Madrid Police we had to cancel our trip. Our two young ladies who were coming with us were stopped at passport control by the Madrid police and placed in a holding area in Barajas airport and were held 2 days and deported. They were denied visit with us and my friend Steve and I were forced to stay in Barajas until we learned of their departure to prevent their being released without any where to go, so our whole itinerary was cancelled. I understand the reluctance in Spain to accept those who appear to seek welfare, but these ladies are from Nicaragua, one is the owner of a very fine cigar company, look on the internet for Dona Elba Cigars, not a person who might want welfare, the other is a mother of three, living with her husband in a house she owns, looks after my house I own in Granada, also not a welfare candidate. I hope you and your friends who have hotels and restaurants can show how much all of us lose, I paid several thousand dollars in air fare, all wasted, you lost along with several of your hotels and restaurants 10 days of tourist money that Spain says you need, and all of us lost much time and other money. All documents that we were told were needed were provided. No explanation was given except our friends were told that the Spanish police did not like Nicaraguans. I have brought groups to Spain since 1971 providing much needed tourist money, more than two thousand persons all spending money. I have always loved Spain and have many friends there, but I wonder if I should ever return. I hope you and your friends in the hotels and restaurants can change this. If I ever return I hope to see you. Pat Withrow, Withrow Travel Service. 5005 Lake Fjord Pass, Marietta, GA 30068, USA. Your Friend Pat

Reviewed May 20, 2013

the restaurant was not well populated and we got the impression that most guests went into town for their evening meal

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We didn't actually go to the restaurant, but went to the bar, we're the had on offer some tapas that were competing in the Baiona Tapas festival the week we were there. We has a gorgeous looking scalop which tasted as good as it looked. I have attached a photo. As it was a sunny day we sat in the outside terrace with views over the bay. Wonderfully relaxing and great attentive service.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Excellent kids' menu, outstanding sea food and good wine list.

Fair value and in a fun and great location.

The translation of he menu into English was only partly successful so there were some mostly pleasant surprises in store.