See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 21, 2017

Not long ago, my wife and I spent two nights at this hotel. Prior to our arrival I was very positively impressed by the good service provided during the room booking process, and while arranging some taxi transfers to and from Torrelavega, and to the Altamira caves museum..

Our room, located on the top floor, had some unusual arrangement due to the sloped roof, it was also fitted with a Jacuzzi which we did not use, but we certainly enjoyed the double-sink in the bathroom, and the very quiet location of the hotel. If you stay here, also on the top floor, you will most likely hear some unusual sounds. Nothing to worry about, it would be some pigeons walking around.

Santillana del Mar is a small village and even though the hotel is located at the edge of town, everything is easy to reach in a few minutes walk. By the way, if you arrive by bus, the stop is just a few steps away from the hotel door.

All our requests for services and information were gladly and promptly met. I must add that the restaurant recommendations we received from the personnel turned out to be just great. The satisfaction to cost ratio this hotel provides is for sure hard to beat.

There are more luxurious accommodations in Santillana, but I doubt there could be any place friendlier or more accommodating to the traveler needs.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2017

I spent four nights in August with my family. The location of the hotel is perfect to visit Santillana and neightbours. It is located just few minutes by feet from the centre and it has its own car park.
The room and bath were very clean, and also the rest of the hotel. Breakfast buffet was rich and home made. Reception and persons attending bar very kind and familiar. Wi-fi was not always working.
Anyway it as been a good stay, as at home.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed August 12, 2017

Fantastic hotel, great breakfast, very friendly and accommodating owners. AC in the rooms and a giant double bed. Breakfast included options of Lactose free milk, almond milk, soy milk for a small hotel this is unheard of.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed July 21, 2017

Perfectly located just outside centre of Santillana, very characterful old building in the classic Spanish country-style. Rooms spacious and nicely decorated. Breakfast very good with home-baked cakes. Staff friendly and helpful. Good free wifi. Large free car park owned by hotel, just up the lane.

Room tip: All the rooms look pretty big
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2017 via mobile

I first stayed here 12 years ago when the hotel had just opened its doors and was brand new. I always vowed to visit Santillana again and was delighted to be able to walk down memory lane and stay here again.

To be honest, the Casona de Revolgo feels more like a guesthouse than a hotel. There is no restaurant and breakfast was nice, but quite limited in choice. There is a bar counter in the reception area where you can order a drink at night. The outdoor seating at the front of the hotel is really very pleasant and a lovely, quiet place to finish off your day.

This is a very old building which has been restored but is starting to look a little jaded (I wouldn't be surprised if the carpets are there since my first visit, the place could do with a fresh lick of paint also) Our room was very quiet, situated at the back of the building. There were two small windows but we needed the lights on all the time as it was so dark. Passing by other rooms we saw that they were much brighter so I think it was just the luck of the draw that we got the darkest room in the house. It was well appointed though and spotlessly clean. The air conditioning system wasn't very effective, even when switched to the top so we hadn't the best sleep quality.

There is pay parking on the hotel's street but the receptionist will give you a disc to hang from the rear view mirror so that you can park for free in a car park at the top of the street. We were very lucky as there is also limited free parking right beside the hotel and we always managed to get a spot there.

We enjoyed our time in Casona de Revolgo, it's central location is a real plus. I would stay here again if the price is right, but next time I might research some alternatives too.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank MMMH