“You must eat here!!!!! Specially if you are gluten free! ”

EL Pasaje de Los Nobles
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is simply one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten in ( and I have eaten in plenty most of them very good!). The setting is very nice but what is really good is the food.
Very good value for money (the menu of the day is €18 and the food is excellent and the portions very generous) served by nice friendly people.
I am sure the menu changes regularly, but I’ll tell you what I had today: first course was Pochas with clams to start (husband had cocido montañés , my friend had rice with mushrooms and both were also great).
As a main course I had Merluza (I think it’s haddock) with pisto. For dessert I tried them all and I couldn’t decide which one was best!
All the dishes were gluten free and the gluten free bread was spectacular!

I almost want to stay in the area another day just so that we can go and eat there again tomorrow!!

Date of visit: April 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (1,392)

Reviewed November 12, 2018

We ate lunch here last Sunday and it was excellent! The food was probably the best I've had in Spain. I ordered two starters - salad with nuts and goats' cheese for the starter and mushroom risotto, which I had as a main course. My girlfriend had fish for her main course and something nice for a starter - I'm not too sure what - I wasn't paying attention (typical bloke!)

She had wine - and fizzy water for me as the designated driver :-( The total price was very reasonable and the service was excellent - and they even put up with my pidgin Spanish, although their English was very good (certainly better than my Spanish!)

I'm not too sure how good the vegetarian selection is in the evening, which may be why there's a pretty poor review from Janet. They were very accommodating though and I'm sure they'll be able to rustle something up for us veggies. My advice would be to book in advance (because they get quite busy) and ask what's available for veggies at the same time.

We will certainly be going back!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed October 20, 2018

Arrived without a reservation and were seated at a table in the front. While the service was pleasant, we had to pour our own wine and water after the first pour. The food was good and fairly priced.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 9, 2018

A pleasant and popular restaurant with good service, recommended by our hotel. (Posada Araceli) We shared an excellent plate of scallops, served in their shells, as a starter and had artichoke with almonds and a salad for main course, both very good.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

We thought this looked a really nice restaurant and according to trip advisor it is vegetarian friendly. I am vegetarian but my husband is not. It also says it opens at 8pm so we turned up promptly at 8 but were told they didn’t open until 8.30 although both doors were unlocked. We asked if they did any vegetarian dishes to be told NO and we pointed out that it was vegetarian friendly according to trip advisor. The only possibility offered was salad which wasn’t what I would look forward to for dinner. I would have been happy to be offered an omelette or risotto or anything really that wasn’t meat or fish but no effort was made to accommodate this. In 2018 I don’t think it’s unreasonable to offer at least one dish that is vegetarian friendly. Very disappointed.

Date of visit: October 2018