“Perfect for the Traveler”
Review of Hotel La Vila

Hotel La Vila
Ranked #21 of 37 Hotels in Soller
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in August 2012 having decided to make a last minute trip to Mallorca. After doing some research, we decided on Soller. It could not have been a better pick. The town square is amazing with great restaurants and bars and a beautiful church. We were close to the train to Palma, the trolley to the port and also many bus lines. In terms of location, this hotel was ideal.

The staff at Hotel la Vila could not have been more accommodating. It was easy to to get in touch with them (reservations by email) and their prompt responses made booking the room easy. We had a beautiful room overlooking the square that more than suited our needs. The staff was incredibly friendly to us tourists and answered all of our stupid questions. We ate at the hotel restaurant on the first night and the food was very good. It was probably a little pricey for the area but definitely worth it. I had a risotto dish that was great, and the wine selection was great.

Hotel La Vila is a quaint and affordable hotel in the beautiful village of Soller. If you're looking for a luxury hotel this isn't it, but it was perfect for people who plan to be out all day exploring the island

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel La Vila

Reviewed November 29, 2012

A great traditional Hotel in a superb location in Soller. The food is excellent as is the service from all the very friendly staff. Would definately go back and I can recommend it. Stayed with my wife and we both enjoyed the experience. Makes a change from branded sameness.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the gardens
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at the Hotel la Vila in October.
Although we arrived early we were warmly welcomed.
The hotel had arranged our taxi from the airport which worked very well.
The staff are friendly and work very hard to look after their guests.
The hotel has a lovely atmosphere.The marble staircase and large chandelier are very elegant.
We ate dinner most evenings outside.This is certainly the best restaurant in Solleer!
A good place to stay in the centre of this vibrant little town.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front may seem more noisy, but overlooking the square gives atmosphere! Lots of stair...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
lavila, Owner at Hotel La Vila, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you very much for your very nice words and for appreciating all our efforts!!! :-)

Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed at the La Vila for the 3rd time in August and we intend to return again quite soon. A superb friendly hotel with helpful and professional staff headed by its hard working owner Toni.

The highlights of this hotel are:

Small but attractive decor.

Attentive staff.

Close to the centre of beautiful Soller,

Fabulous breakfasts which include a choice of scrambled egg, omelettes, bagettes,hot drinks, fresh orange juice etc

Enjoyable evening meal. Tried the tasting menu this year - will look forward to repeating the experience again next year. Sitting in the back garden eating a candlelit evening meal was a highlight of the trip.

Close to shops,trains,restaurants.

A great spot to sit and watch the world go by with a coffee or orange juice.

Soller and La Vila is a great combination - see you next year folks !

Room Tip: Try the La Vila fresh orange juice and a coconut ice cream next door. Both delicious ! The hotel is...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LittleDavel
lavila, Owner at Hotel La Vila, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you for your very words!! :-)

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I travelled to Soller for the wedding of the year around the corner from La Villa, but wanted a hotel that was not to big, unique and a retreat if the wedding got to busy.....it did...I lead from the front and stayed!! I arrived in Palma Airport, took the No1 bus to the Palma-Soller train service (get there by 3.30pm...siesta dictates next train at 7.00pm), an idilic start, just under an hour through, olive & lemon groves, beautiful mountains and scenary. I arrive at Soller, lots of tourists leaving for the day....amble down the hill in to a beautiful market square, (fantastic on saturdays), spot La Villa to right had corner, arrive....."Mr Selby, so lovely to see you, we have as requested a great room for you, (No5), come with me." A walk up a beautiful stone spiral like staircase, to my room, I drop my bag, and open the 8 foot high doors (very soundproof if needed) to look down on a beautiful square and church in front.

Unpacked, plugged phone charger in and stood up....broke a light fitting!!! Returned to reception and owned up to my fopaux, "Mr Selby, is your room OK?" Yes I replied.....but probably not as you last saw it!!! The frontdesk ladies, had my room swept and the lighting repaired for my return. The room was clean, well stocked bar in the fridge, although I enjoyed a beer from the hotel bar in the square. The initial welcome from the girls was fabulous.

You are given a front door key if you party until the early hours, all very easy to use, even at 5am after a few beers when I returned!! To a comfortable bed....awake at 9.00am, with beautiful sunshine, downstairs to a super breakfast selection, not to flash but simple well cooked, I had great omelettes served by Alfredo!! Met with other couples also staying and attending the wedding. Bolstered by this great start for the day.....went out to explore and meet the wedding party.

I did not dine here as the night I would of chosen was taken by the bride to be and her friends, I am told that La Villa is one of or the best place to eat in Soller....I know the girls had a fabulous night, whilst us boys partied by the beach.

My final night, was fabulous, breakfast again fabulous in the morning ready for my journey home, checkout was for 12pm, but invited to leave my luggage and savour my last few hours in Soller. On my return, I meet Toni the owner, a great hotelier, with a great team that are attentive, there when you need them and never obtrusive.

If you are a couple/single/with friends, want to have relaxing fun in adult surroundings with great food......book, you will love it (and its great value, if that is most important). If you do, have fun....I did, booking via the web was easy. Thanks to Toni & the team. All the best, see you again. James. Richmond. London. (September 7-10)

Room Tip: You have a choice, to the front is the market square, busy during the day.....(busier on Saturdays...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank James S
lavila, Owner at Hotel La Vila, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thank you very much for your so very nice words!! It was our pleasure to have you among us, and we all hope to see you again, hopefully soon!!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

We loved our stay in this hotel. It's right in the middle of Soller, just off the main square. I did wonder if it would be noisy, but even though our room was looking right over the square, this wasn't a problem. The room was well furnished, with air con. The food was really good! We had lunch in the garden, which is shady and a great refuge from all the heat. This was a spaghetti with a gorgeous cream based sauce. Then we had dinner at the hotel - again, really good food, very well presented, served in the candle lit garden. Great service, very attentive and professional. Breakfast, yes, that was good as well. Great omelette and lovely fresh juice! Full cooked menu to choose from if you could fit it in!

The staff were very helpful and friendly, and for what we paid, it was a really good find. Totally recommend it!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
lavila, Owner at Hotel La Vila, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Thank you very much for your nice review!! We hope to see you again soon!!

Reviewed September 12, 2012

A traditional hotel in a fantastic location, Hotel La Vila is a beautiful little hotel. The building itself is wonderful and the rooms are classically furnished and very comfortable. The breakfasts were delicious and the freshly squeezed orange juice to die for! We ate in the beautiful garden one evening and the entire experience was fantastic. The food was superb, the service excellent and the wine delicious. I couldn't recommend the restaurant highly enough. I can sympathise a little with the previous review re the toiletries/soap but it is such a minor thing it didn't take away from our stay at all. The only thing missing in this hotel is a pool/terrace where one could relax during the day. However, Toni and his team do an amazing job and it was a pleasure to deal with them from the point of making the booking to paying our bill at the end. La Vila and Soller bewitched me and I'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: Rooms looking out on to the garden are quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple