Hotel La Vila
Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa(Port de Soller)
$538
Jumeirah.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Marina(Soller)(Great Value!)
$175
Aimia Hotel(Port de Soller)
$193
FERGUS Soller Beach(Port de Soller)
$248
  • Beachfront
$221
Ca'l Bisbe(Soller)
$222
Hotel Los Geranios(Port de Soller)(Great Value!)
$156
  • Pool
Official Site
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
All reviewsthe main squareroom overlooking the squaregarden restauranttown squareno liftsmall hotelthe main hotellovely little hotelveallovely squarewatching the worldlittle gemwould recommend this hotel to anyonebeautiful churchdouble showerperfect positionflights of stairs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I travelled to Soller for the wedding of the year around the corner from La Villa, but wanted a hotel that was not to big, unique and a retreat if the wedding got to busy.....it did...I lead from the front and stayed!! I arrived in Palma Airport, took the No1 bus to the Palma-Soller train service (get there by 3.30pm...siesta dictates next train at 7.00pm), an idilic start, just under an hour through, olive & lemon groves, beautiful mountains and scenary. I arrive at Soller, lots of tourists leaving for the day....amble down the hill in to a beautiful market square, (fantastic on saturdays), spot La Villa to right had corner, arrive....."Mr Selby, so lovely to see you, we have as requested a great room for you, (No5), come with me." A walk up a beautiful stone spiral like staircase, to my room, I drop my bag, and open the 8 foot high doors (very soundproof if needed) to look down on a beautiful square and church in front.

Unpacked, plugged phone charger in and stood up....broke a light fitting!!! Returned to reception and owned up to my fopaux, "Mr Selby, is your room OK?" Yes I replied.....but probably not as you last saw it!!! The frontdesk ladies, had my room swept and the lighting repaired for my return. The room was clean, well stocked bar in the fridge, although I enjoyed a beer from the hotel bar in the square. The initial welcome from the girls was fabulous.

You are given a front door key if you party until the early hours, all very easy to use, even at 5am after a few beers when I returned!! To a comfortable bed....awake at 9.00am, with beautiful sunshine, downstairs to a super breakfast selection, not to flash but simple well cooked, I had great omelettes served by Alfredo!! Met with other couples also staying and attending the wedding. Bolstered by this great start for the day.....went out to explore and meet the wedding party.

I did not dine here as the night I would of chosen was taken by the bride to be and her friends, I am told that La Villa is one of or the best place to eat in Soller....I know the girls had a fabulous night, whilst us boys partied by the beach.

My final night, was fabulous, breakfast again fabulous in the morning ready for my journey home, checkout was for 12pm, but invited to leave my luggage and savour my last few hours in Soller. On my return, I meet Toni the owner, a great hotelier, with a great team that are attentive, there when you need them and never obtrusive.

If you are a couple/single/with friends, want to have relaxing fun in adult surroundings with great food......book, you will love it (and its great value, if that is most important). If you do, have fun....I did, booking via the web was easy. Thanks to Toni & the team. All the best, see you again. James. Richmond. London. (September 7-10)

Room Tip: You have a choice, to the front is the market square, busy during the day.....(busier on Saturdays), quiet to the rear, the garden and restuarant. These options only assume you will spend alot of time in your room! (The market square reminds you of that 'Life of Brian' moment!! Remember to be dressed, although there are linen curtains for privacy!!)
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank James S
lavila, Owner at Hotel La Vila, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thank you very much for your so very nice words!! It was our pleasure to have you among us, and we all hope to see you again, hopefully soon!!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

We loved our stay in this hotel. It's right in the middle of Soller, just off the main square. I did wonder if it would be noisy, but even though our room was looking right over the square, this wasn't a problem. The room was well furnished, with air con. The food was really good! We had lunch in the garden, which is shady and a great refuge from all the heat. This was a spaghetti with a gorgeous cream based sauce. Then we had dinner at the hotel - again, really good food, very well presented, served in the candle lit garden. Great service, very attentive and professional. Breakfast, yes, that was good as well. Great omelette and lovely fresh juice! Full cooked menu to choose from if you could fit it in!

The staff were very helpful and friendly, and for what we paid, it was a really good find. Totally recommend it!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
lavila, Owner at Hotel La Vila, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Thank you very much for your nice review!! We hope to see you again soon!!

Reviewed September 12, 2012

A traditional hotel in a fantastic location, Hotel La Vila is a beautiful little hotel. The building itself is wonderful and the rooms are classically furnished and very comfortable. The breakfasts were delicious and the freshly squeezed orange juice to die for! We ate in the beautiful garden one evening and the entire experience was fantastic. The food was superb, the service excellent and the wine delicious. I couldn't recommend the restaurant highly enough. I can sympathise a little with the previous review re the toiletries/soap but it is such a minor thing it didn't take away from our stay at all. The only thing missing in this hotel is a pool/terrace where one could relax during the day. However, Toni and his team do an amazing job and it was a pleasure to deal with them from the point of making the booking to paying our bill at the end. La Vila and Soller bewitched me and I'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: Rooms looking out on to the garden are quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

Set in the main square of picturesque Soller it would be hard for this hotel not to have a lot of ambience. The decoration is to a high standard . However there are several things which let the hotel down. Toiletres were cheap (we had 4 shampoos for some reason, no shower gel or conditioner) there is nowhere to put down the soap so the bathroom stand ends up a sticky mess. Breakfast was a bit of a lottery. Omelettes excellent but poached eggs a watery mess served for some reason in a bowl rather than on toast. The restaurant has a reputation for excellence. We chose not to eat here after the breakfast experience. There seemed to be an assumption that adding a twisted slice of orange to everything (even an omelette) turns it into high cuisine. This could be such an excellent little hotel with not too much more effort, but for us this was a 'could do better' experience.

• Stayed: September 2012
lavila, Owner at Hotel La Vila, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Thank you for your review.

About your comments, i would like to say that our prices are in the same level as most of 3 star beach hotels, but we offer a much higher quality. I am sorry that the breakfast was not totally of your taste, but for example, we offer fresh squeezed orange juice, which is not offered in most of 5 star hotels. The staff for breakfasts is not the same as for the restaurant, so unfortunately you missed what would have been a lovely experience in our restaurant. And reading other reviews, i see that clients are very happy with our breakfast. Again, i am sorry that u were not, because i want all our clients to be happy.

About the rooms, clients use for shampoos and these things the corners of the bath, like most of us do in our homes :-) But thanks to your comment, i might install a shelf there. And again, there are very important things of high quality: like latex mattresses (again, you don't find them in most of 5 star hotels) or hand crystal made lamps. Towels and sheets are of very good quality too..

That's all i would like to say. Thank you for your comments and for staying with us!!

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Great traditional hotel in a prime location. Staff, service & food are second to none, a good place to unwind & explore the real Majorca. Easy access to Palma & Port de Soller by train or tram. The food may seem a little expensive but you certainly do get what you pay for - well worth it. Quiet on an evening but as we stayed only five nights with visits to Palma & Port de Soller it was just what we needed. Great place to explore the Tramuntana mountains from.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Glennkeetley
lavila, Owner at Hotel La Vila, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Thank you very much!!