“Absolutely fantastic”
Review of Ca'n Isabel

Ca'n Isabel
Ranked #30 of 37 Hotels in Soller
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This very charming small boutique hotel is a real find in Soller. The fantastic decoration of the entrance is a true indicator what you will find in your rooms. The rooms are so nicely decorated that you want to spend all your time there. Ours was named as white room and had a large terrace overlooking the mountains and the Soller train station. I should also mention the ultra delicious breakfast and the very candid and helpful staff. Ca'n Isabel makes your trip to Soller unforgettable. Highly recommended.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ceren U

Reviewed July 26, 2013

At first I was nervous about how to get there without renting a car from the airport, but Ca'n Isabel was the ideal spot for our Mallorcan honeymoon. One quick & cheap bus ride Palma city center drops you right off in Soller, just blocks away from this B&B. (I definitely consider this more of a bed & breakfast than a hotel, but it was a very nice "surprise" to find it had that charm!)

Reading other reviews it looks like the lady who runs it doesn't know English, but since I speak Spanish I had a lot of fun talking with her. She lit up when she heard I spoke Spanish and gave us a TON of great information about what to do and where to go, even before showing us our room! She definitely runs the WHOLE place; she checked us in, cleaned the room, made the breakfast, washed the laundry... we only saw one other employee during our stay there. Such personal attention you'd never get in the States, it was great and added to the feel of wonderful Soller!

The hotel garden, where breakfast is eaten, has a gate that leads right out to the "main square" of Soller, and all it takes is crossing the tram tracks to pick up the tram leading to Port de Soller, where, if you're like us, you're likely to spend most of your days. I'm so glad I trusted other Trip Advisor reviews about this place, (what sold me was the location, since we weren't renting a car I needed transport to be easy).

We booked the "terrace and white room" on the top floor which is the way to go for SURE. A very comfy double bed, old fashioned yet charmingly updated suite, with a PRIVATE rooftop terrace where, although the walls prevent you from seeing much of the town, you can sit on the lounge chairs and sip a glass of wine and listen to the church bells toll and the children playing down below. (Use some towels on the lounge chairs... they are definitely "outdoors" furniture). I couldn't have been more pleased with all the accommodations.

Don't even get me started on the amazing breakfast in the garden. They have it set up for as many couples are staying the night, so whenever you wake up make your way down there, (the earlier the better for getting to the Port!) and you'll find an array of meats, cheeses, yogurt, french bread, pastries, fruit, jam, toast, eggs, juice and coffee. No, it's not a buffet, that's what each couple will find waiting at their table! Hats off to the lady running the show!

I can assume it would be a different experience not knowing any Spanish, but even if you miss out on her bubbly personality and travel suggestions due to a language barrier, you're sure to love the accommodations so long as you're with someone you can plan and laugh with.

Room Tip: I'd go with the "terrace and white room". I think it was just a few euros more, but w...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank curse10kaia
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This romantic bolt-hole in down a small side street in Soller may be perfect for a weekend with a girl you've just met or your wife who you've been married to for 40 years, but for two blokes riding in the hills of Mallorca - even when they'd pulled apart the double bed in our compact boudoir, it was one of my poorer choices. Alicia, who appears to be the owner, cook, receptionist, chambermaid - in fact, the only person you ever see there - seems pleasant enough, but doesn't speak a word of English, so any thoughts you may have had about asking anything at all - forget it. (I'm not sure who the 'Sebastien' was who answers the emails in immaculate English when you book; maybe someone on a correspondence course but he was nowhere to be seen).

So, everything is done is sign language which whilst amusing for the first 10 minutes, becomes so annoying, that in the end you just say yes to anything. No reason why she should speak anything other than Spanish I suppose, but if you're running a B&B and you're the only person running it,(and this is definitely a B&B - you don't get anything else… There's a nice rather formal garden for breakfast, but in the evening, it's like returning to the Marie Celeste) it would help with the atmosphere if anyone at all knew what you were talking about. It seems that fairly quickly each of the couples (and they're all couples) give up, so it's a bit like we'd all taken a vow of silence and were either nudging each other to other to attempt to ask Alicia why there are sofa-cushions on the beds instead of pillows or gesturing at her like a game of charades for something we wanted, that she in turn, would have to guess might either be a cab, a silver cake-stand of jams or another tiny weeny Sylvanian Family omelette on a saucer.

If peace and quiet are your thing, make sure you get a room on the back of the house as despite the deafening silence in the reception; that quaint street that the house is on is in reality the main road out of Soller, so our room on the front was filled with the noise of the locals wringing the necks of their tiny scooters as they raced past, followed by those Spanish trucks with 2 stroke lawn-mower engines which look like they cost about £40 new, trying to see if they could wheeze up the hill at 30kph in first gear without blowing up. It's a cacophony that you wouldn't mind on some ring road in Kinshasa but here, particularly when it really gets resonating off the walls just after 6am, is enough to make you reach for the Bazooka.

All in all, it's a sweet place to stay for a couple, for a couple of nights, if you're on the back, but I'd stick to the hotels with somewhere else to go other than your room, a pool or a garden that you could kick back in… This being sandwiched between the tram on the back and the road on the front, isn't as relaxing as you might be looking for.

Room Tip: Get a room on the back, or a good set of ear-plugs... Avoid the first floor front. It's not jus...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 900cc
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Although the rooms do vary in size this is one of the prettiest and well equipped small hotels I have stayed in. I would definitely recommend a stay here when in soller one of the most beautiful areas in mallorca.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank jameson_dublin
Reviewed March 23, 2013

A truly charming hotel bang smack in the middle of Soller, 1 minute walk from the main square, with a selection of bars and restaurants, and the steam train to Palma. We had the room with a terrace, which I highly recommend, refurbished bathroom, excellent breakfast, served on silver cake stands, with omelette to order, and local freshly squeezed orange juice. Alicia speaks little English, but could not be more helpful. We visited 4 places on our recent trip, and this was our favourite, but not for those who need a lift or trouser press. Free parking about 5 minutes walk away, but if staying in the immediate area get the train from Palma, the roads are very narrow, and all the local cars have dents on them! The tram to the port costs 5 euro, and a taxi costs 8, so no real need for a car, enjoy!

Room Tip: The terrace room is very good, but stairs are steep, lovely views over the town and mountains
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lauriesmum
Reviewed January 15, 2013

A perfect little gem in Soller full of quirkiness. Central location, close to restaurants and the Soller train. Breakfast was simple breads and jams, but elegantly served on three tiered stands with silverware. A very romantic little place.

Room Tip: we stayed in the White Room which had an amazing terrace up a spiral staircase
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank natalily
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We booked this small hotel on the basis of good reviews, so high expectations on arrival,paid for room upgrade.
location is excellent, no parking nearby so left my wife to check in while I parked.When I returned my wife was clearly put out and the lady on reception was clearly the cause, my wife explained the lady did not speak any english and simply resorted to waiving a piece of paper in her face saying " muy importante" several times, I concluded my e mail booking with the owners had not reached this lady. I tried to explain to her but gave up, as my wife succinctly put it either agree to pay or lets leave! I did notice a rather nice hotel further up the road with a car park, so was very close to leaving but location and rain showers won.
The rest of our stay was uneventful, did not see the owners at any time, this lady was cleaning,cooking and serving breakfast,clearing up afterwards, I think we had stumbled on the reason this lady was allowed on reception.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple