“Consistently excellent value for money”
Review of Ca'n BoQueta

Ca'n BoQueta
Ranked #3 of 168 Restaurants in Soller
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Restaurant Can Boqueta is especially dedicated to the tasting menu based on seasonal products. Likewise, midday -from monday to friday- offers an "Executive menu" simple and economic. It is located in the center of Soller, in a cozy and typical Mallorcan house.
Reviewed March 26, 2014

As ever, I looked forward to my meal at Can Boqueta during our recent visit to Soller and I wasn't disappointed. The chef continues to offer a varied and interesting menu which provides excellent value. It is still only 15 euros for the lunch menu which offers 3 choices for each of the three courses. The five course tasting menu in the evening, which changes weekly, is also good value at 26 euros and, although I didn't sample it this time, the menu looked very tempting.

For me the chef's strength is his cooking of simple dishes using seasonal ingredients with the addition of lots of little details that add an extra layer of flavour or texture. However unusual the combinations, his savoury dishes have always worked for me. If I had to find a weakness it is in his combination of too many flavours to my taste in some of his desserts. I would sometimes prefer a simpler combination of flavours at the end of a meal. But that is me being picky for the sake of it and I have given it 5 stars overall because the overall package of food, service and value for money is head and shoulders over many restaurants that I have awarded 4 stars.

We sat on the terrace this time, which was very pleasant in the warm spring sunshine, but in the heat of the summer the cool interior will be best.

2  Thank André l'Anglais

Reviewed March 19, 2014

We were lucky to get a table for 2 relatively last minute and on the recommendation of the Finca that we were staying in at Soller - Ca's Curial.
The restaurant was warm and inviting and we indulged in the 45 euro tasting menu complete with wine. As an introduction to the evening we were offered a delicious butternut squash soup, followed by several other courses - all equally as moreish. I am slightly frustrated in that I can't find the menu and I don't want to describe the dishes and get them wrong. However, we followed the soup with a crispy rolled crepe filled with prawn and mallorcan meat; sort of a take on an Asian spring roll which we both enjoyed. Veal with parsnip puree was our main and we then enjoyed a pleasant dessert with a glass of port. I liked the portion sizes which weren't huge so I didn't feel too full at the end of the evening. The wines accompanying our courses were all very well chosen and of generous servings.
Our service was friendly and professional. Superb value for money and we would love to return to enjoy their lunch menu at some time.

Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

We visited this restaurant with local friend giving us this excellent advice. Must the best restaurant i soller offering a 5 cours tasting set menue below 26€ in a stylish diningroom.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We struggled a bit to find somewhere decent to eat whilst spending a couple of nights in Soller and I think this one was the best of a rather uninspiring selection. In all honesty we had an excellent meal here sampling their 5 course taster menu which was of a good standard. I regretted afterwards not choosing the wine sampling selection that went with each course but from memory it was a bit pricey. The general ambiance of the restaurant is good and the service seemed very efficient albeit not particularly friendly. I would certainly go here again if visiting Soller

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Out of season, we could only find one restaurant open. This was it. 'Tasting Menu' or nothing.
Brilliant! Five course; 10/10, 10/10, 10/10, 7/10, 9/10. Service a bit panicked, but they were full. Room was cold, but so was the weather. All in all, I'm gonna be back week after week!

1  Thank godfatherMallorca