“Delicious food and attentive staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Spira

Spira
Ranked #18 of 86 Restaurants in Pollenca
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Welcome to Spira. We are a restaurant with modern proposals based on traditional cuisine of the Mediterranean area. At our home you can taste delicious meats and fishes cooked on the grill with coals of holm oak firewood and delicious pastas, risottos and pizzas. We also have an extensive selection of wines and a variety of the best gins.
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Delicious food and attentive staff”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Great restaurant easily able to cope with our large booking of 9 plus a couple of child seats.

There's plenty of room inside (with air con) but the seats outside look lovely too. The restaurant itself is in a side street so apart from a little people watching there isn't a great view.

Our food all arrived at the same time and was delicious! There's a menu but I would recommend the specials - the list is outside in English - as these are mainly local fish dishes.

In the usual scrum to get 2 kids under 3 back into various pushchairs I unfortunately left my sunglasses and case at the restaurant - I'm happy to say that they were still behind the bar and re-united with me when I popped in (more hopeful than anything else) a couple of days later.

Great food recommend you to book, great service - definitely would come back!

• Visited July 2013

Leeds
“Try the truffle pasta”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The truffle pasta is out of this world as is the rustic focaccia
The Albariño was excellent
Eat in or out your choice
Wood fired pizza looked great although never tried
It was filled with locals which is always a good sign

Visited July 2013
los angeles
“Well priced good food”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Although sitting outside overlooking the abandoned bus station may not be the most romantic of settings, Spira makes up for it with the food. A great pizza and excellent bruscetta were enjoyed by my wife and I on a warm and balmy evening. Will return when next in Pollensa. A nice alternative to the expensive, but very good, Il Giardino.

• Visited July 2013
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Excellent value set lunch”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stumbled upon this lovely looking place while wondering around Pollenca. It was empty but after a quick look at the tripadvisor reviews we decided to give it a go. The set lunch menu is excellent value and very tasty. There is a good selection of well priced wine. Definately worth a visit!

• Visited June 2013
Scotland, United Kingdom
“OK, but watch the salt!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Had meant to visit La Spira on 2 previous visits to Pollenca, but never quite got round to it. So was really looking forward to my meal here. Menu is indeed short but the options are very appealing. I went for the confit duck and my wife for the pasta with sirloin tips.
Her beef was beautifully tender and the sauce very tasty, if a little salty. My duck was extremely flavoursome and the accompanying citrus fruits and gingered pears helped cut through the fattiness of the bird. However, someone had a very heavy hand with the ginger and the spice notes became somewhat overwhelming. Once again the salting was over generous, and this was also noticeable in my son's otherwise textbook marguerite pizza.
The dishes showed the chef has some good ideas, but I think his taste buds were somewhat impaired on the night we dined there.
Service and atmosphere good, so I'll happily give it another try next year if we make it back.

• Visited June 2013