“We have stayed in many beautiful hotels ...but it's the people that work here that make it really special.”

Son Brull Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Pollenca
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We have just come back from a week's stay at Hotel Son Brull and whilst we have been fortunate enough to stay in many beautiful hotels, it's the staff at Son Brull that make it really special.

Whilst by the pool we were given water with slices of lemon or lime throughout the day and also home made coconut or strawberry ice lollies, which we thought was a lovely touch. Other similar hotels we have stayed at have expected the guests to pay for any drinks by the pool.

Nothing was too much trouble.... some of the staff have worked at the hotel for years and seemed to really care how the guests felt. Joan and Jaime were lovely. Joan always had a smile on this face and Jaime helped our daughter with her Spanish.

A chic stylish hotel that we really enjoyed staying at with our daughter.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 22 on the second floor, had floor to ceiling windows with large shutters. Fantas...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Can't praise this place enough. Everything is perfect from the service, the welcome, the food, drink and the rooms. We were lucky to be upgraded and the delux room was huge with B&O rotating TV and sound system, huge shower, 4 piece suit, roll top bath etc. stunning.

The restaurant is outside and has a limited range of food but all looks stunning. For starter we had duck ravioli and I had a squid risotto. The risotto was in my top 5 starters of all time and the ravioli was the best my wife had tasted. We pre ordered the chicken which was very tasty and with the veg and potatoes was good however they did mess up my wife's fries. I have never seen such apologetic staff, I really felt they meant it. Dessert was cherry chocolate which was stunning.

The breakfasts are boutique style but fresh and tasty, cereals, pastries, fresh eggs, meats, juices, Son Bull cava and freshly cooked breakfasts. The only thing my wife didn't like was the French toast. Overall top marks.

The service from the staff was up there with The Alden in Switzerland which was faultless. From the check in which was a dream, to the advice from the staff of where to eat in Pollenca to the service round the bar and pool. I could not fault it. There was a wine tasting one afternoon which was very informative and free.

The hotel also makes its own wine. The cava is OK but the rose and white are very tasty. The sommelier mentioned that the fashion is moving from dark to light rose wines, however it would be a shame to change the rose as it's very very good.

Can't speak highly enough of this place, it is expensive but you get what you pay for. A great place to stay and relax and one I hope to return to.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 13, 2014

What a fabulous place! My wife and I had an unforgettable romantic dinner here. Wonderful location, helpful and attentive staff and the food is amazing!! We had the vegetarian menu which tasted out of this world! A bottle of wine from son brull winery is a must. Can't wait to return

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tomo737
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed July 13, 2014

If you want luxury, then you will get it here.

Get into the luxury mind set from the start: upon first arriving drive right up to main entrance (ignoring the car park signs) and the people at the front desk will park your car for you and take your bags to your room.

The room was a good size, with arm chairs and a coffee table. A jacuzzi-style bath was also in the bedroom. In the bathroom was the biggest shower area I have ever seen in a hotel. It must have been 4 square meters. Perfect room for an orgy.

The hotel is set in lovely olive or orange plantings. There are walking trails. But perhaps the best thing about Son Brull is the pool area. They have a good size pool and sun loungers in single and double sizes. Beside the pool area is a good bar and the staff come round with refreshing small icy drinks and water. The whole thing is uber cool and super relaxing.

The bar has good tapas. However the main restaurant was the big disappointment because the food did not taste good. Were it not for the over-priced and under-tasty restaurant I would have rated the hotel as excellent.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank barfly67
North England
Reviewed June 23, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Son Brull for a 3 night break in June. From the moment we arrived we loved it. It is the most tranquil and relaxing place we have ever stayed. The service was first class throughout too.

The rooms are lovely with great bathrooms. The pool area is beautiful, and the large day beds are so comfortable.

We tried the tapas, tasting menu and a la carte. I cannot fault the food at all. The breakfasts are great too.

I could sing the praises of this place all day long. It was a perfect break in a perfect beautiful location. We will be back!

Room Tip: Room 19 is a pool view room with beautiful views!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
sonbrull, Propietario at Son Brull Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Iwasthere07,

Thank you very much for your comments and for taking the time to share them.

We really look forward to welcome you back!

Mar Suau
Co-owner
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Had dinner here at 09/06/2014.
The view was magnificent, but the road to Pollenca isn't easy. I'm glad I'm married to a 'homer', because it's not easy to find. It felt like we were going the wrong way al the time, because it really was in the middle if nowhere. But! Once there... Wow! The building looked so majestic and grand in the evening sun. When you enter, you walk passed the old olive presses. So big, that alone is worth the trip! We went there for the food.
We had the chefs special (7 courses) without pork and it was absolutely delicious!
For starters baby zucchini carpaccio with fresh tuna. So jummie! A delight for the eye and even better in your mouth!
The quail with fois gras was just to die for. I had to squeeze myself and not beg for round 2... I wish I did now. That's the only regret I have of that evening.
I didn't like the main course that much though. That's why it's not perfect for me. The lamb was just to heavy after all those delicate flavors. Loved desert as well. I would definitely go back there and then I'll have the quail again. 3 times I think

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We were in Mallorca for the half ironman and decided to have a spa day of luxury. It was perfect! Son Brull is stunning! Set in olive and citrus groves it is a million miles away from the bright lights of other areas of the island. We had opted for the treatment, spa and lunch package. We used the spa facilities (pool, steam, sauna) for an hour before we had our massage. Then we relaxed with tea and iced tea before we had a delicious three course lunch outside. The staff were lovely and chatty. The food was all local and seasonal and was really delicious.
I left wishing that we were staying longer. It was an oasis of calm with huge shady sun beds, outdoor pools and calm groves. A really beautiful day.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pollenca
Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa
Hotel Son Sant Jordi
Hotel Son Sant Jordi
#4 of 20 in Pollenca
Formentor, a Royal Hideaway Hotel
Formentor, a Royal Hideaway Hote...
#7 of 29 in Port de Pollenca
Gran Hotel Son Net
Gran Hotel Son Net
#1 of 1 in Puigpunyent

Been to Son Brull Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!