“A Piece of Heaven in a Former Monastery!”

Son Brull Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Pollenca
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed June 29, 2013

This is a beautiful old monastery which retains the peace and tranquility necessary to the former inhabitants,but with all the touches needed to cater for the 21st Century guest in need of peace,excellent service and food to die for!
We stayed for one week in June and were immediately impressed by our room with its wonderful view over the countryside ,with fresh fruit,complementary bottle of Cava and comfortable furnishings including comfortable armchairs- rarely found in hotel rooms!
Breakfast was the starting highlight of every day,served outside by the smiling welcoming staff.Couples with small children and babies were given a special welcome and attention!
Lunches were equally good and the 365 restaurant was an experience not to be missed!
Above all though,it was the staff who made this holiday.They are chatty,smiling,helpful and seem as if working at the Son Brull is a pleasure rather than an occupation.There is not enough room to name them all because they were without exception some of most welcoming,friendly and professional hotel staff we have ever encountered in all our trips around the world!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
sonbrull, Propietario at Son Brull Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you very much for your excellent review. We are particularly proud of our team, with whom we have shared your comments, and who make of Son Brull such a special place. We are all looking forward to smile and welcome you again.

The Suau Family

There are newer reviews for Son Brull Hotel & Spa

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Spanish modern inside a 500 year old monastery! Whoa! Beautiful property. Excellent food. Located in the more quiet high end north side of the island. I stayed in a third floor corner room. You can tell the expense that went into this place. The windows are these custom casement frames that have built in shutters. They open completely if you want fresh air or they close completely which gives you TOTAL darkness which is great if you need to sleep for 11 hours to kill off jet lag like I did!

Room Tip: This is not really a family place, more of a high end getaway for couples.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I recently stayed here with my mother and my 6 year old son for 5 nights. Throughout the booking process I dealt directly via email with Christian and when we arrived he was there to greet us. Everything about our stay was perfect, my only downside was that it's not really a family friendly hotel but I knew this before I went and the staff were extremely kind and helpful with my son but I felt a little like the other guests were looking a little unhappy at a child being there. He was never made to feel unwelcome but I felt like I had to restrain him a little.
Every single member of staff at the hotel is a professional and it really is what makes the stay so special - oh as well as the copious amounts of lovely fresh towels you are supplied with!

Rooms are lovely, we were in 27 and had an extra bed put in for my son, we were all very comfortable, the aircon is fantastic. Oh and the rooms are silent - not a sound all night!

The Breakfast is really really tip top! Great selection and I ended up eating far too much but it was so good it was hard not too.

The 365 restaurant is beautiful, the food, the service, the linen - everything!!

I will be back very soon I hope......

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mjbig
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in Son Brull for 5 days in June 2013 with our 1 year old son. Usually we don't like the Relais&Chateaux chain too much but Son Brull is really different! We took the "pay 4 nights and get one free" deal and even though got an upgrade to a very nice and bigger room. The service is outstanding, you can get everything you want at every hour per day. They were great with our small boy even though the hotel is not targeted to families. Food in the restaurant is excellent, we liked the bar menu and the specials better than the exclusive dinner option. Definitely an outstanding place to stay!!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had dinner here for our wedding anniversary whilst we were staying in Port de Pollensa. We had such a fantastic meal. I would rate it as michelin star quality. In fact I've eaten in some michelin starred restaurants which weren't as good. I have no criticisms of the food except to say my dessert was too small, but that's probably only because it was so delicious! It was some kind of chocolate mousse with fresh oranges. I would have eaten two of them! Even the Bellini I had as an apperitif was the best Bellini I've ever had. We were also seriously impressed by the waiters, who spoke 4 languages, seemingly fluently. I hope they get paid according to their skills and not the same as your average waiter! I only wish we could have afforded a room too!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tripovermyowntwofeet
sonbrull, Propietario at Son Brull Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

We're delighted you celebrate such a special occasion with us and you've enjoyed it so much. We're particularly proud of your comments on our waiters, we are fully aware a big part of the success of Son Brull is thanks to our staff, whom we value enormously.
We will share your comments with our team and hope to welcome you again in the not too distant future.

Miquel Suau
Co-owner and GM

Reviewed April 14, 2013

This was my third stay at Son Brull but this time I treated myself to a week in the junior suite on the top floor with a private outside terrace. It is an expensive option but if you want privacy in the sun then it is just about worth it. The room itself did not seem much bigger than the double deluxe I have had before. This, I think was because there was a high bedhead away from the back wall with the bath behind it.
The rooms are very comfortable as were the chairs on the terrace but to be honest the terrace did look in need of a bit of refreshing. The walls looked dirty, the wooden steps , the jacuzzi and the upholstery a little tired.
At this time of year (April) the sun was on the terrace until 3pm. At about 6.30 they lit the fire downstairs and this meant that the chimney on the roof above the terrace started pouring out smoke and making a loud noise from an extractor fan. This would not be a problem in the summer months when the fires are not lit.
The best things for me about the hotel are the friendly staff who remember you from before and the breakfast is delicious. The yoghurt is the best I have tasted and there are delicious ensaimadas and freshly prepared fruit each day. The cooked options made to order are also good and this time a special dish was offered on some of the days.
The location is excellent with lovely views and gardens. The only drawback for me in the past was not being next to the sea but from the top floor room you can at least see the sea even though it is a distant view of it. You can even see the sea from the bed in room 31 and there were some impressive sunrises.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank hollins1
sonbrull, Propietario at Son Brull Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thank you very much for your comments and the time taken to write them. Since your stay we've taken note of what needed to be refresh in room 31 and done so. We've had a very wet winter this year and has made the facade of the building look unfresh. Now that the good weather started we've been able to fix paint.
It is of great pleasure to read the positive comments on our staff, which we value tremendously and are aware of them being our biggest asset, Son Brull wouldn't be what it is without them.
We look forward to welcome you at Son Brull a 4th time.
Wishing you a nice Summer.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Perched on a hill just outside Pollenca surrounded by vineyards and gardens, this hotel is fabulous. Once a monastery, the hotel has a well executed contemporary design with spacious rooms and dramatic common areas. I have had hotel rooms that were smaller than the walk-in closet area or the bathroom. We had dinner on the property 2 nights and were pleased on both occasions and found the bar, spa, and pool areas very comfortable. The staff was superb and the property is at the gateway to some of the best biking on Mallorca.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the vineyard for a view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Conradsz

Thank you so much for your comments. We feel very proud about our staff, who make our guests stay an experience.
Son Brull is certainly a good gateway for cycling, which is popular among our guests, but also ideal for hiking and birdwathching. A big variety of activities can be done at and around Son Brull, we hope you come back to experience them!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pollenca
Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa
Gran Melia de Mar
Gran Melia de Mar
#3 of 181 in Calvia
Formentor, a Royal Hideaway Hotel
Formentor, a Royal Hideaway Hote...
#8 of 28 in Port de Pollenca

Been to Son Brull Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!