TripAdvisor

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Wonderful gardens, lovely food and good service. Very reasonably priced. We all had different meals but my lobster was over cooked.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (615)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I ate here last night, our first visit. Picturesque setting, service was good & the staff pleasant. I had a trio of bruschetta to start, fish for main, my wife a soufflé to start & pizza for main, we also enjoyed a bottle of Sauvignon blanc.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Well two years ago I visited this restaurant and have to say I was so impressed I had to come back. Went on a tues evening to find they were closed and went back the following day. BIG MISTAKE... I ordered as I had done 2 years previous which was the buffala truffle pizza. I also ordered salad and sauté potatoes. The pizza came much to my surprise within 5mins way before the salad or potatoes. The pizza was just warm the cheese was barely melted on the top and no sight of salad or potatoes. The salad followed a couple of mins later and it was fine the sauté potatoes were very hard. I ordered 2 more glasses of wine which never arrived. I complained to my waiter that the pizza was barely warm and I was told that was not possible. It was very soft underneath and the cheese was not melted but he wouldn’t take it back. In the end as the wine had not arrived I asked for the bill which was given 100%. I wish I had kept my memories of a fabulous pizza and experience as I really didn’t have one this evening. Very poor.

Reviewed September 9, 2019 via mobile

Waiting staff did all they could to accommodate our table.

Service was good and the food was very good.

Go back? Definitely

Reviewed August 27, 2019 via mobile

The food is fantastic, but be patient- the service was leisurely to say the least.

We went for lunch on a rainy day, so couldn’t sit in the lovely courtyard. No hardship though, inside is lovely too.

Food was excellent, with the Violet gnocchi a particular highlight. Starter portions are very generous, so you need to be hungry (we shared). Padron peppers were amazing. Pizzas were great and the desserts looked fantastic.

Fortunately we had some cards with us - otherwise a two hour lunch with children could have been tough.

Date of visit: August 2019