“chic dining experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Fonda

La Fonda
Ranked #16 of 86 Restaurants in Pollenca
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“chic dining experience”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We visit Pollenca every summer and always have lunch at La Fonda. The food is lovely and whilst there are a few tables outside, I have to disagree with the earlier review - we think the interior is quite delightful and therefore a welcome retreat from the sun on a hot day. Our only small issue this year was that the owner's family arrived (lady and 2 young children) and the children were allowed too much leeway on our visit - running through the restaurant and opening their new toys in front of paying guests - a small point but would have been a better experience if it hadn't happened. But we would certainly recommend.

• Visited August 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Exeter, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A favourite”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Have been visiting La Fonda on and off for the last 10 years - it's always good. Great food, great service. The cool and calm interior, with pristine white tablecloths is a great antidote to the bustling, and hot Pollenca streets. Cod in garlic sauce a must!

• Visited September 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
“great paella”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

One of the best mixed paellas we have eaten.
First time we have tried this restaurant. We usually eat at Bar Nou just a few yards away but we were delighted we visited this well run place.

• Visited September 2012
London, United Kingdom
“A good find”
Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

We visited La Fonda in August and although the inside could do with some sort of improvement especially with the lighting it was cool and comfortable. The wine was excellent and my starter of goats cheese with a brûlée topping and a wonderful salad with nuts, dried fruit nd seeds was beautiful and a very decent size (if anything a little too big! but yummy!). I had to go for the John Dory mainly because I was so intrigued as to what 'creaking onions' were that came with it??!! I won't reveal what they were or it may spoil the big reveal for future visitors but they were very nice and the fish was flavoursome and moist .

We returned again during our stay and this was good but the fish on this occasion was slightly over cooked. Nice enough staff and lady owner ( at least we think she was). Would recommend.

PS - toilets were spotless which to me is a big indicator of general hygiene

Alcudia
“Definitely in a good taste”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I wish I could have a lunch here every day.... Whenever I eat here, to my suprise the food is delicious. What atrracts my attention the most is they way how the food is served . Everything is pure and clean , many times checked before the serve , the food looks very good and definitely deserved to your attention. What is more, the atmosphere in the restaurant is very friendly , the staff have a good manners and rules of etiquiette . I truly recommend to drop in and try !

• Visited August 2012