“great paella”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Manchester, United Kingdom
“great paella”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

One of the best mixed paellas we have eaten.
First time we have tried this restaurant. We usually eat at Bar Nou just a few yards away but we were delighted we visited this well run place.

• Visited September 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
“A good find”
Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

We visited La Fonda in August and although the inside could do with some sort of improvement especially with the lighting it was cool and comfortable. The wine was excellent and my starter of goats cheese with a brûlée topping and a wonderful salad with nuts, dried fruit nd seeds was beautiful and a very decent size (if anything a little too big! but yummy!). I had to go for the John Dory mainly because I was so intrigued as to what 'creaking onions' were that came with it??!! I won't reveal what they were or it may spoil the big reveal for future visitors but they were very nice and the fish was flavoursome and moist .

We returned again during our stay and this was good but the fish on this occasion was slightly over cooked. Nice enough staff and lady owner ( at least we think she was). Would recommend.

PS - toilets were spotless which to me is a big indicator of general hygiene

Alcudia
“Definitely in a good taste”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I wish I could have a lunch here every day.... Whenever I eat here, to my suprise the food is delicious. What atrracts my attention the most is they way how the food is served . Everything is pure and clean , many times checked before the serve , the food looks very good and definitely deserved to your attention. What is more, the atmosphere in the restaurant is very friendly , the staff have a good manners and rules of etiquiette . I truly recommend to drop in and try !

• Visited August 2012
UK
“Good but expected better”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I'd checked out La Fonda before going and also asked the owner of the apartment where we were staying for recommendations and he rated it highly so perhaps I was expecting too much. The food was fresh and decent enough but not excellent. The tapas dishes were our favourite. The baby goat was the most disappointing as it was fairly bland. The waiters were prompt and efficient but could have been a little friendlier. The atmosphere was good even though this is a busy little street just off the main square so there are a lot of people passing. Be sure to book if you want to sit outside as numerous people were turned away while we were eating. I don't want to sound to harsh as overall we had a good night here but after all the positive reviews we'd expected something a bit more special.

• Visited August 2012
London
“Lovely Resturant”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We sat outside for lunch. Our paella was delicious and the children's food was very good too. My husband & I tried to return for dinner one evening but hadn't booked. We arrived at 7:20 & were told all outside tables were booked (there are only about 5 tables) so its best to book in advance if you can. The staff did offer us a table that was needed by 8:30 but we decided to find somewhere else to eat as we didn't want to rush. However our lunch meal with the children was really lovely.