“so nearly a high five”
Review of Cantonet

Cantonet
Ranked #9 of 88 Restaurants in Pollenca
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Newcastle and Gateshead, United Kingdom
“so nearly a high five”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We picked this restaurant after reading Trip Advisor and were knocked out by its location ,service and food quality. Obviously Italian ( It was shut on Sunday when we first searched it out but glad we returned ) The food was excellent the ravioli best I have ever tasted ( Could have eaten two portions but at 8 euros a portion it was good value ) the tiramasu exquisite . If you go to Pollenca old town ( And you really should if in the area ,much nicer than the port ) visit this restaurant. Following the meal we talked about what rating we could give and contrary to my previous belief that I would never give a five I decided that in this case I must UNTIL the bill arrived ! Not that expensive but the old trick of charging for bread which we didn't have and then adding an extra main course . Hopefully this was accidental ,I want to think it was especially as there was no charge for our three year olds meal shown on the bill as 0.00.
We managed to return later in the week and had another great meal charged correctly. So 4.5 maybe ? still looking for the perfect 5!!

“A hidden gem”
Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

A beautiful location out of the main square in Pollenca. The little extra walking distance will be repaid when you taste the fantastic food on offer. The ravioli is the tastiest I have ever had. If you visit Pollenca, you must try Cantonet! Great food, service and very good value too.

Glasgow
“The best restaurant in Pollensa”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Tonight ,my family and I went to dinner in this place, it is wonderful and the service is exellent.The food are really good,My daughter ate one variety of ravioli,my wife grilled aubergines with tomato sauce and sardinian cheese and me the same,
Everything are delicious!!!!!!!!
The place is lovely,comfortable and the best is that the prices are inexpensive but the food are really good.
The chef visited us and we congratulated him for his talent when he cooks.

We recomended this place!!!!.

One comment: We have gone many times, and the service have been execellent,the waiters always have had a good behaviour and they have been very fast in his job.The person who says otherwise is lying.
I don't like writes in this web sites but when I saw the bad comment of one person ,I want to say that this comentary is totally false.

Good night everybody!

Stone, United Kingdom
“Nice setting shame about the service”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

The restaurant seems to have expanded into having some outside tables slightly away from there main premises in an effort to catch people who don't want to sit outside. The new setting is lovely, but the staff are badly trained and the kitchen doesn't seem to be able to keep up.

Sat down, bread was delivered while we studied the menu. No plates to eat the bread and olive oil with though. Ordered pasta which came somewhat undercooked. Other tables around us had to wait a considerable time for their meals. The staff forgot to give us the dessert menu, when we did order dessert it took over 15 minutes to arrive and the waitress was so flustered she knocked our drinks over. The "apology" was liqueurs which we didn't want nor agree to.

The bill came, 1 Euro each for the bread, no mention was made of this at the start of the meal nor an option to not have it. Paid in cash had to wait an age for my change while the waitress walked back to the main premises, got change and walked back.

Maybe my experience was a one off, new area, more customers etc. but I certainly wouldn't bother going back.

1 Thank Ian P
The Hague, The Netherlands
“very good pasta”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

After a few disappointing dinners in the village of Alcudia, we finally found this nice Italian restaurant in Pollenca. We went there for the pasta, since my friend needed to eat some for his sports competition. Fearing to end up in a tourist trap, we hoped that with the appellation "traditional pasta" on the displayed menu we might finally find something interesting.
And it was indeed. The pasta was home-made, the sea fruits fresh, the whole not too fat, a very good balance! (Try the spaghetti a la vongole). My ricotta-ravioli were excellent, the best ricotta I ever had in my life. I did not expect such a surprising taste with this widespread dish. Take the best products and the simplest recipe will taste like heaven!
We loved it so much that we went there back the next evening: we wanted something nice for our last day in Mallorca. We discovered it was possible to make an interesting dish with sobrasada (typical mallorcan sausage) and honey filled in a ravioli.
So why not rating excellent? Well, the pasta is indeed excellent. The desserts were however nothing special, and the tiramisu was too creamy for my taste.
I definitely recommand this place though.
And the staff is particularly welcoming and friendly and the overall atmosphere of the place very cosy.

• Visited May 2012