“A wonderful Easter break”
Review of Son Borguny

Son Borguny
Ranked #1 of 5 Banyalbufar B&B and Inns
Dublin, Ireland
“A wonderful Easter break”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed in Son Burguny in Easter 2011 - I meant to write a review earlier but just never had the time (sorry Penny). We came to hike the many trails that are in the area. We did not want to stay in a glass and concrete tower like the type of standard hotels you may find in Majorca.

We chose Son Burguny because of its beautiful quaint setting and structure (some of it is 300 years old) and because of the excellent reviews it received. We were not disappointed - Penny the owner is really friendly and welcoming and each room is very individual. Our stay was really relaxing and we enjoyed wonderful breakfasts and a spectacular paella that Penny cooked one night.

If you want a quiet place that is different and really relaxing we highly recommend Son Burguny. Paul & Eva

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Paul M

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Czech first
Somerset, UK
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Son Borguny is a very attractive and individual hotel in the coastal village of Banyalbufar. I stayed in a top floor room (Malvasia) facing the front, which was very comfortable and characterful - rather rustic in style but in a good way, with large bathroom and a little dressing room in between. From what I could see all rooms are individual and differently furnished. The owner (Penny) is very welcoming and speaks good English.

The food was also very good with quite a few options on the evening menu. This was fortunate as I don't think there was anywhere else open in Banyalbufar - there are several restaurants but they seemed to close for January.

I didn't use the car park as access is very tight, but there was plenty of parking in the village (with an uphill walk to the hotel).

I noticed that noise carried from downstairs and from other rooms - the hotel was quiet when I was there, but I suspect this could be a problem if it's busy.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank BHayes55
gosport
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Would stay here again any time.Food great,views and surroundings beautiful,hosts and staff,friendly and funny.We stayed in la Luna on the top floor with the bathroom down a flight of stairs which meant lights on to visit at night but the views of the sunsets from up there are worth it.Penny parked our car for us on the first night after which we parked in the village which is actually no hard ship as it is only about 300 yards away,

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Devon
Reviewed December 1, 2012

After experiencing many trips to this beautiful Island with my two aunties owning a villa over there it was finally time for me to venture back a few years later to show my partner how lucky I was to have such a gem in my childhood. We found the Son Borguny on line and arrived very late in the evening to the most welcoming lady I have ever met in my life. She was like the spanish mum I never had and as late as it was battled with our bags and helped us to park the car (the streets are very small).. Upon first impressions it was lovely and upon waking up in the morning to the light of day we were not disappointed, the view from the room was superb and when we got downstairs there was a whole cuisine of food on the table for us to try and Penny was so warm and bubbly. It was the best breakfast I ever had and even the meals in the evening were just as tasty. We were later introduced to her daughter, Penny also who ran the restaurant in the evening as well as selling a few little bits of clothing and bags which are beautful. They were lovely hosts and made us feel welcome for the whole week we were there and we were very sad to leave, however without a doubt we will be returning. It was a while ago we went and it has only taken me so long to add this as not too long after this relaxing break I found out I was pregnant (this could e due to the local banyalbufar wine served to us by a wonderful girl called Luna in a small wine bar on the very small high street)...., otherwise this would have gone on as a priority as I cannot impress how lovely it was and how very well looked after we were. The evenings were also lots of fun and we could not have asked for anything more. Very helpful and informative on local places too..

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Canada
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here while hiking the Gr221 in November. The town is quiet at this time of year, but worth visiting as it's so pretty and the view of the sea is lovely. The hotel is off the main street and up a bit, but much nicer than many larger options. The owner was lovely and served us an amazing breakfast.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights as part of our honeymoon trip to Mallorca. The first 4 nights were in the room La Luna. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. La Luna is a beautiful room, although as other reviewers have mentioned, the bathroom is down a flight of stairs. However, this stairway is private and part of the suite, as is the bathroom (for some reason I was under the impression the bathroom may be shared, which is not the case). It's a little challenging getting down there at night, but absolutely worth it for the beautiful view out of the windows of La Luna.

The breakfast is brilliant and is slightly varied from day to day. The fruit was fantastic -- ripe melon every morning! We ate dinner in the restaurant on our last night here and the food was absolutely wonderful -- melt in your mouth fish and the tastiest crema catalan imaginable!

One word of advice though -- if you want to bring a car, bring a small one. Parking is an intense challenge and a big car would not fit into the parking area.

Room Tip: La luna is beautiful and has an amazing view!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed here during our honeymoon in Mallorca in June 2012. We were in the suite on the top floor and loved it. It is not luxurious. But that's the charm -- it's a cute B&B in a small little town hugging the mountainside looking over the Mediterranean sea. Our room had a window that gave us amazing views of the sea and up and down the coast and another window with views of the little village (as well as more views of the sea). There is almost nothing to do in the village but that's the wondeful part. You can just walk around aimlessly and enjoy the views.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Banyalbufar
Sa Coma Hotel
Hoposa Costa d'Or Hotel
Hotel Mar i Vent
Hotel Mar i Vent
#2 of 5 in Banyalbufar

Been to Son Borguny? Share your experiences!