“Home from home but away....”
Review of Son Borguny

Son Borguny
Ranked #1 of 5 Banyalbufar B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 1, 2012

After experiencing many trips to this beautiful Island with my two aunties owning a villa over there it was finally time for me to venture back a few years later to show my partner how lucky I was to have such a gem in my childhood. We found the Son Borguny on line and arrived very late in the evening to the most welcoming lady I have ever met in my life. She was like the spanish mum I never had and as late as it was battled with our bags and helped us to park the car (the streets are very small).. Upon first impressions it was lovely and upon waking up in the morning to the light of day we were not disappointed, the view from the room was superb and when we got downstairs there was a whole cuisine of food on the table for us to try and Penny was so warm and bubbly. It was the best breakfast I ever had and even the meals in the evening were just as tasty. We were later introduced to her daughter, Penny also who ran the restaurant in the evening as well as selling a few little bits of clothing and bags which are beautful. They were lovely hosts and made us feel welcome for the whole week we were there and we were very sad to leave, however without a doubt we will be returning. It was a while ago we went and it has only taken me so long to add this as not too long after this relaxing break I found out I was pregnant (this could e due to the local banyalbufar wine served to us by a wonderful girl called Luna in a small wine bar on the very small high street)...., otherwise this would have gone on as a priority as I cannot impress how lovely it was and how very well looked after we were. The evenings were also lots of fun and we could not have asked for anything more. Very helpful and informative on local places too..

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed here while hiking the Gr221 in November. The town is quiet at this time of year, but worth visiting as it's so pretty and the view of the sea is lovely. The hotel is off the main street and up a bit, but much nicer than many larger options. The owner was lovely and served us an amazing breakfast.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights as part of our honeymoon trip to Mallorca. The first 4 nights were in the room La Luna. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. La Luna is a beautiful room, although as other reviewers have mentioned, the bathroom is down a flight of stairs. However, this stairway is private and part of the suite, as is the bathroom (for some reason I was under the impression the bathroom may be shared, which is not the case). It's a little challenging getting down there at night, but absolutely worth it for the beautiful view out of the windows of La Luna.

The breakfast is brilliant and is slightly varied from day to day. The fruit was fantastic -- ripe melon every morning! We ate dinner in the restaurant on our last night here and the food was absolutely wonderful -- melt in your mouth fish and the tastiest crema catalan imaginable!

One word of advice though -- if you want to bring a car, bring a small one. Parking is an intense challenge and a big car would not fit into the parking area.

Room Tip: La luna is beautiful and has an amazing view!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed here during our honeymoon in Mallorca in June 2012. We were in the suite on the top floor and loved it. It is not luxurious. But that's the charm -- it's a cute B&B in a small little town hugging the mountainside looking over the Mediterranean sea. Our room had a window that gave us amazing views of the sea and up and down the coast and another window with views of the little village (as well as more views of the sea). There is almost nothing to do in the village but that's the wondeful part. You can just walk around aimlessly and enjoy the views.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Chose this for our second visit to Banyalbufar for a three night break. Banyalbufar is just a 50 minute bus ride from Palma but it could be on a different island. The village is charming, not overly commercialised, but with a decent range of bars and restaurants. As keen walkers it makes a perfect base with a number of well signposted walks along the coast and into the mountains. Son Borguny was not a disappointment; the Sun Room is at the top of the building and has views over the rooftops to the sea. We didnt find the bathroom being on the floor below a problem. The owners are friendly and accommodating although there was a bit of a panic on as the Estrella beer commercial was being shot in streets outside with filming going on until 2 am one night. Penny was worried because the bread for the 100 extras' sandwiches had not turned up, there was insufficient space in the beer cooler, and that the residents ( all rooms occupied) would object. I cant speak for anyone else but my wife always sleeps with earplugs and I had a very nice large local brandy in the bar before bed and never heard a thing.As we walked to Port de Canonge and back during the day,( great tapas at the restaurant there) the commercial did not affect us, but look out for it on Youtube. I can understand the location spotters coming up with Banyalbufar as the epitome of unspoilt Majorca - can't wait to go back - just wish there was an alternative to Ryanair!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sedgemoor54
Reviewed April 19, 2012

We had the suite on the top floor with a view to the sea. It was confortable but I would not call that a suite. Just a large room with two armchairs and a small table facing the window. The bathroom with a spa is one floor down. Not very practical when you have a need in the middle of the night! What make this hotel stand out is the friendlyness of the owner. The restaurant is also quite good. All in all, we enjoyed our stay in this village.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2012

I went just before Christmas and had a very good stay. The hotel is very nice. The room is very cosy with an amazing view to the sea. If you like walking you are at the foot step of the Tramuntana. Do not hesitate to ask the owner for advise she is very helpful.
Will go back.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank geoffroy_dognin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Banyalbufar
Sa Coma Hotel
#2 of 6 in Valldemossa
Alqueria Blanca
Alqueria Blanca
#1 of 4 in Bunyola

Been to Son Borguny? Share your experiences!