“Clean And Friendly Place”
Review of Quality Inn

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Van Buren
Reviewed May 28, 2012

A few nights ago, I stayed at the comfort Inn in Van Buren, AR. The rooms were so nice and clean. Everything about them was amazing. The beds were so comfertable. The housekeepers had done an excellent job of cleaning the rooms. Also, the lady at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. She defenitly knew what she was doing and had such a positive attitude. The breakfast in the morning was incredible. The breafast area was nice and clean as well as the rooms and everthing was organized so nicely. All of the food was very very good and they had so many different choices. When I was checking out, the lady at the front desk was so friendly. The staff was very caring and respectful. They even offered to help me carry my luggage upstairs. I defenitly recomend this hotel to anyone coming in this town. You will not regret your stay here at the comfort inn in Van Buren, Ar.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Natasha G

Reviewed May 26, 2012

I work for a trucking company in the area, and when i have to stay for a few days, I love coming here. I have noticed in some other reviews people complaining about the "shifty people" and the "seedy neighborhood" well, let me just assure you, those "seedy people" are a lot of truckers whom my company puts up at all hours of the night in the Meadors Inn next door. They aren't vagrants, just exhausted. Next, the neighborhood is just fine! I have been employed in this town for the last 3 years and have stayed in both hotels too many times to count, I even took my vacation here at the Comfort Inn last year and plan on doing it again this year. The rooms are incredible, the staff is very professional and friendly. The breakfast is delicious, and the wifi is top notch. I have never had a problem or felt unsafe in this neighborhood. You get a free paper in the morning. As for the road noise, if you have your window open, then of course you are going to hear the highway, other than that, you can't hear anything. It is not a noisy place.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ladytruckernokc
Reviewed January 15, 2012

This is a typical Comfort Inn. It's located on the NE edge of Van Buren next to I-540. From that perspective it's in a convenient location for access, but it's not especially close to any attractions. The room was comfortable and clean and the office staff were friendly and helpful. The room had typical amenities for a hotel of this level. I had a first floor room with exterior and interior access which is very convenient. My room was on the side opposite the highway so I did not have a problem with noise. I would stay there again if I needed to visit the area.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Room was clean and bed was comfortable, however, those qualities are no good if there is so much road noise to keep you awake all night. Interstate 40 is within spitting distance of the hotel and the roar of hundreds of semi trucks driving by my room all night made it nearly impossible to get any sleep. There are rooms on the other side of the building farther from the highway that might be a little quieter, but since I paid for the room with Choice Priviledges points, I was put by the highway, and the guest laundry, and the ice machine. So much for my platinum card benefits!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway side of the building
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2011

As most of Comfort Inns are standard, what makes this one different? Ground floor rooms have two main doors, one opens up to the parking lot and the second gives access to the hotel's main corridor. This allows parking the car on your doorstep and getting into the lobby and other facilities while indoors.

Flat screens have not arrived to this hotel yet but TV,s are large and colors are still bright. Due to the proximity of the freeway, some noise from vehicles may be heard from rooms facing the road. Carpets all over are quite new, spotless and comfy.

The place is well kept and decorated, with a breakfast room separated from the rest of the lobby and front desk. Breakfast is full hot and includes eggs, sausage patties, biscuits and gravy. Unfortunately, trays and coffee were empty for some 25 minutes, maybe because staff was multitasking assisting housekeeping, front desk and the breakfast room.

The worst? The Internet connection. Browsing the web and sending e-mails was a real pain with constant stops and line holds, even using a laptop, an iPad and a wifi-enabled smartphone.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Common area was well keep,I thought the room I had could have been updated.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 23, 2011

With the temperature hovering in the high 90's all day, we passed on the opportunity to camp in the Ozarks and pulled off in Fort Smith for the night. Banking on our Choice Rewards, we opted for this particular Comfort Inn. We have found Choice Hotels to random in their standards, so we were pleased to discover this place living up to our standards. Sure, the outside shows signs of age (a few stains on the sidewalk, lackluster paint, a ding on the door), but inside was where we spend our time and that was top notch...new carpet, fresh linens, comfortable bed and pillows, spotless bathroom, soft towels...a glorious break from a long, hot day. The staff and management were friendly and accomodating, so (all in all) I'd have to say this Choice Hotel was a good choice.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Van Buren
Sleep Inn & Suites Van Buren
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Van Buren-Ft Smith Area
Quality Inn & Suites
#12 of 23 in Fort Smith
Baymont Inn & Suites Fort Smith
Cherokee Casino & Hotel Roland

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!