“Go somewhere else!!”
Review of Big Jake's Steakhouse - CLOSED

Big Jake's Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Description: Big Jake's is the one and only premier steakhouse in Van Buren that is family owned and operated. Our creator James Garner planned and executed his dream for a 2 story restaurant, which opened in 1996. We take pride in hand cutting our steaks daily. We have a varied menu ranging from steaks, pastas, salads, and hamburgers all made in-house. Upstairs we have a large room that will accommodate up to 125 people. The John Wayne memorabilia throughout the restaurant is truly one of a kind. For the kids we have a train that runs the perimeter between the downstairs and the upstairs. For the music lovers, we have live entertainment on Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays from 6-9pm.
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

I live in Van Buren and visited here on a Friday evening with my husband. The music was so loud we could barely hear each other or the waiteress. We got a salad with blue cheese dressing & am pretty it was Kraft. NOT tasty at all!! They also do not have a good wine list:(

Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

Apart from the near tone deaf live singing and wine list that might as well not exist, food is not bad for the price. I live around here and am reminded why I choose to drive another 15 minutes to Fort Smith for steak. Works if you're tired and just want to sit and eat. If you want more peaceful quiet dining, drive on into Fort Smith.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

I'm visiting Van Buren, AR on an extended business trip, and had dinner at Big Jakes's Cattle Company as it is near my hotel. Although the food was good (the steak was especially good, and properly cooked), it wasn't great. The french fries were just OK as was the small bread loaf delivered before the meal (looked a lot better than it tasted). The price for the meal was excellent however at about $20 for a steak, fries, sauteed mushrooms and bread. I would have to say the best part of the meal was Michael my server who worked very hard to enhance my experience. I would certainly go back again, but there are likely better steakhouses in the area (although they are likely more expensive as well).

Reviewed November 30, 2012

sometimes you can eat there and its so good you cant wait to go back then you do and its a complete flip of the script, we noticed when one particular female manager was on duty everything was perfect but if shes not there we leave and eat elsewhere

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I used to go there a lot. We went for special occasions as well as just a night out from time to time. We probably went 3-5 times per month. Something has happened over the past few years, though. Service and food quality seemed to vary wildly for a while, but has steadily declined. We tried it in August because we had not been in several months. It was so-so, but overpriced for the quality. We tried again very recently and it was just disgusting! We were offered a free meal if we would return, but it's not even worth that any more. Very sad, especially since we have a lot of good memories there.