Tripadvisor

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Good place to take family when they are visiting in Van Buren. Food is always very good. The prices are reasonable. Staff is friendly and very attentive to your needs.

Date of visit: February 2014
Write a reviewReviews (266)

Reviewed February 17, 2014

The music, atmosphere, staff and food were all excellent. We WILL visit again. The left overs were even better!

Date of visit: February 2014
Reviewed January 29, 2014

As a local I have had many great meals at Frank's. The food, service, atmosphere, menu selection, and value are always the same.... fantastic! I love their homemade twisted bread and their dipping sauce is the best. Except for some of the baked pasta dishes, most of the entree portions are way too much for one of us to eat so hubby and I usually split a dinner and order an extra salad and maybe an appetizer. However, the leftovers warm up so good sometimes we order two entrees just so we can take some home. :- ) Try it, you'll like it!

Date of visit: January 2014
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Just returned from a fantastic dinner at Frank's! We were traveling through the area and read the other reviews on TA and decided to give it a try. Wonderful, sums it up! The service was quick and pleasant and the food was outstanding. They give you a lot of delicious bread with dipping oil and balsamic vinegar to start. I had the chicken primavera that had two pieces of pounded chicken breast with sweet peppers, mushrooms, and artichokes swimming in a creamy pink tomato sauce over angle hair pasta. Delicious! My husband had the seafood combo that was chock full of mussels, crab, shrimp, clams and calimari in a lemon butter tomato sauce over linguini. He couldn't stop raving about how good the sauce tasted! We were too full for dessert, so can't comment on that. The only negative is that this is a dry county, so no wine with dinner. That would have put this meal over the top! But still, a fantastic dinner. Highly recommend Frank's if you are in the area!

Date of visit: January 2014
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Stopped at a nearby hotel overnight in Van Buren, AR, and asked what decent restaurants were in the area that "locals" go to. I was told that the if we liked Italian food, Franks Italian Restaurant & Grill is the place to go. Probably the best food in town he said. But, was it true? Well, with a reference like that, how can you say no. Easy. Just don't go. However, I looked at some reviews, and they were all glowing. So my wife & I went.

It didn't take long to get the feeling that we had NOT made a mistake. Lots of people there, and they all looked happy. This was on a Saturday night too. The server was there right away & took our drink orders. She shortly brought out the bread, and man oh man, what bread! Sooooo good! You could make a meal on that alone. I ordered Fettucine Alfredo (yeah I know, my doctor probably wouldn't approve - cholesterol and all, but you only live once) and my wife had Spaghetti with meat sauce. Both meals were sooooo good! They both were "al dente" (just right). We also ordered Black Forrest Cheesecake for desert and shared it. Sooo good. And the whole bill with tax but no tip was under $30. I consider that to be a very reasonable price for great food for two. We were also told that the pizza was great, but since we didn't try it, we can't confirm it, but I'll bet it is great. They have a pretty full menu of Italian dishes. Wish I could have sampled a lot more, but we were just passing thru and stopping overnight.

Long story short, if you ever happen to stop in Van Buren, AR not far off at all from I-40, not too far from the western state border of Arkansas and Oklahoma, it's worth making a stop at Frank's.

Date of visit: November 2013