Tripadvisor
Van Buren
All reviews front desk only stayed one night dry county definitely stay here again road trip beds were comfortable staff was friendly nice breakfast yogurt coffee maker sausage parking lot cookies free breakfast hie interstate exit
Selected filters
Reviewed December 23, 2019

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Van Buren, AR on Dec. 20th. Our first
room had no heat and the sink did not drain. Given a second room, the lamps did
not work, the phones did not work, the tv did not work, and worst of all, the toilet did
not flush. Given a third room, we checked it out good but found it did not have any
soap. It took an hour to finally get a room that was mediocre. We suggested a
discount was in order, but they said "no". After this experience, we give this hotel
a zero rating....not good at all and would not recommend it at all.

Room tip: The rooms are all very dark.....poor lighting.
Date of stay: July 2019
IHGService, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Van Buren-Ft Smith Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2020

Hello williamkathleenh,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience.

I would like to start by apologizing to you for the inconvenience you encountered after your stay. We appreciate that you brought this to our attention. We take feedback seriously, thus, we have shared with General Manager and our housekeeping staff about the concerns you raised, particularly the amenities in your room and how you had difficulty in getting a proper room. It is our commitment to provide transparent, efficient and friction less experiences for guests and making the necessary changes would help us provide a better experience in the future.

I hope you will give us a chance by staying with us again to show you that your unsatisfactory stay was an exception. Again, thank you for sharing your comments. In addition to this, we have sent you a Private Message for further details.

Hector P

Reviewed November 27, 2019

It served its purpose. The elevator was dirty, my husband thought they may be having some reconstructions, I still think that it should be taken care of... The room and bathroom were clean. Shower worked great. wasn't a fan of the air conditioner on and off all night. The bed could have been better (lil to firm) so not the best sleep. Breakfast area was what you would expect, no problem there. Their are a few restaurant near by. We opted for Bruams (exhausted close to the hotel) and had a salad. I may check out the hampton if I roll that way again and check out the a/c and bed :)

Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed November 20, 2019

Very nice Holiday Inn Express. Nice breakfast and nice breakfast sitting area Staff was very friendly. The hotel was clean. We enjoyed our stay. The hotel includes a swimming pool. Close to highways. We would stay again.

Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed June 12, 2019 via mobile

Our room was pretty and clean. Looks like it was recently remodeled. We were on the 4th floor and the elevator was always excessively slow. The breakfast did not offer any choices for a person on a low calorie diet. I had a couple of spoonfuls of oatmeal and a banana. The breakfast area was clean and offered eggs, sausage, bagels and pastries. Pancakes and yogurt were also available. We have stayed all over the US for the past 13 years and this was only the 3rd hotel that did NOT offer us an upgraded room for being a Premier IHG member! I was a little disappointed that we didn’t get upgraded but our room was nice enough. The pool and exercise area were clean and modern. The pool is indoors and there is no hot tub. We did enjoy our stay and the staff was friendly. I would recommend this HIE to anyone looking for a good place to spend the night.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Van Buren-Ft Smith Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2019

Hi kattoe,

Thank you for making us a part of your travel plans and for leaving a review.

We promise a combined sense of comfort and happiness with touches of real wonder and delight for our guests, and I'm sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations. I'm sorry you were not provided an upgraded room during this stay. Probably our hotel no longer have premium or deluxe rooms during that time. I also regard your thoughts about the elevator and breakfast. I have shared your comments in detail with management. Trust me, they are handling this with utmost importance so we can provide a better service next time.

I'm glad you liked the room, pool and fitness center. I have also shared your kind words with out hotel and they were delighted to hear about it. We value you as an IHG® Rewards Club member and your loyalty to our brands. I hope that you would allow us to welcome you back again soon.

Cheers,

June A.

Reviewed May 2, 2019 via mobile

We stayed on our way to Tennessee. The hotel isn’t right off the interstate. It isn’t hard to get to unless you arrive at the time schools are getting out or starting. The traffic backs up on all the roads. The front desk staff is great. They were training a new person, but still did a great job. They recommended a nice restaurant and also advised that we could get a 10% discount with our room key.

The room was a nice size, but very dark. They either need new lights or stronger watt bulbs. You could see several areas where they touched up paint and because of the age of the paint you could see the touch up. The beds were comfortable,but towels were very thin.

Definitely will consider on our next trip through the area.

Date of stay: April 2019
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Van Buren-Ft Smith Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2019

Hi dcarp07,

Thank you for posting a review of your stay! We always aim to deliver a great experience and to share the brilliant basics to our guest and I am delighted that you found the service provided by our staff helpful and the room cozy.

I am sorry to learn though that your stay was not a complete success due to the room lighting fixtures and that you found our hotel outdated. Your comments were discussed at length with our hotel management as a reference for future upgrades of our services and facilities.

It was a pleasure hosting you and I hope to welcome you back soon!

Best regards,