“Breakfast is included, kind of.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Van Buren-Ft Smith Area
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Van Buren
Branson, Missouri
“Breakfast is included, kind of.”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We stayed here just one night, my family of 4, me, wife and two kids (14 and 12). It's a nice property, relatively new, and well kept. We liked that they have a pretty good snack selection near the front desk for purchase. They also had free, fresh baked cookies, coffee and tea out the evening we arrived. The kids swam in the pool that night, it is small, but well kept. No hot tub. I didn't have any complaints regarding the property. However, the service left a bit to be desired. Breakfast is included (buffet style like most properties). Breakfast hours were clearly advertised until 10AM. My family and I, since we were on vacation, did not come down to breakfast until 9:30AM. Although we arrived a full 30 minutes before the buffet was scheduled to close, there was no breakfast meat in the chafing dish. I asked at the front desk if we could get some bacon for breakfast, and was met with a quick "NO" from the front desk staff. She informed me that it was customary for them to pull up the buffet and not replenish it after 9:30AM. After she told me no, I was able to locate the breakfast area attendant, and she did indeed bring out some more bacon so my family could eat, but the poor customer service experience had already occurred. Customer service is #1, and it doesn't matter how nice your product is, if you can't handle being polite and providing to a customer the items for which they have paid. After all, I did not show up at 9:55AM, it was a full 30 minutes prior to the advertised closing breakfast time.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank ziplineboss
VBNES, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Van Buren-Ft Smith Area, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Hi, ziplineboss!

Thank you so much for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites- Van Buren for your lodging needs while traveling through the Van Buren area! We appreciate your business. I sincerely apologize for any confusion regarding our breakfast hours. I was present the morning of your departure and do remembering you approaching the front desk just after 9:30am to inquire about breakfast and our front desk agent did inform you that breakfast had already ended. I am glad that our breakfast attendant was able to prepare additional food for you and your family. Our breakfast hours are clearly posted throughout our hotel and website being 6:00am to 9:30am daily. If you have a moment to contact our property regarding the location of the time discrepancy, it will allow us an opportunity to correct any mispostings. Again, we appreicate your business and hope all your future stays are pleasant. Have a wonderful day!

Carly Trammell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Otoa
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stayed at this Holiday Express and it was The Best! We were there for several days and had several rooms! The front desk girl that worked evenings help us set up everything from meals to getting us to the local drug store for medicine for a sick and grouchy older family member! She met us with a smile and recognized us by name and knew which of our rambunctious children belonged to which room! We were so very impressed with the entire staff! Resteraunts near by are great and more delivery than just pizza! We will be back in a few months!!!!

• Stayed December 2013
VBNES, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Van Buren-Ft Smith Area, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Hi, WFamilyTime!!

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your lodging needs. We are always striving for excellence and appreciate your feedback. Have a wonderful year in 2014 and hope to see you again soon!

Philadelphia, Mississippi
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Right off Interstate 40, which is convenient. Very clean, nice, up-to-date Holiday Inn Express. Bed and pillows were comfortable. Friendly check in/ check out. Great place to stay and affordable. Landscape and exterior of building was nice.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us! I am so happy that you enjoyed your time. We hope to see you again should your travels bring you back through the area. Have a wonderful day!

Florida
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Checking in, we were greeted with personable staff, and fast service. Our room was wonderful, and clean, as was the entire complex. As with all Holiday Inn Express, breakfast is included with your stay (nice perk). The staff provided us with a list of all the surrounding restaurants for dinner, and directions to get there. Book online for your best rate. This hotel is a good, safe place to stay, and close to historic Van Buren, AK downtown area. Enjoy your visit!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
FLWorldWanderer; thank you so much for posting a review about your stay with us. With reviews in over 50 cities, we value your insight as a frequent traveler. We are always striving for excellence and appreciate your business and feedback. Hope your new year is off to a great start! Have a fabulous day!

Missouri
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This hotel seemed new. It was very clean, and the staff was friendly and personable. The rooms were quiet, and our handicap-accessible room was nice and spacious.

However, the following issues kept it from being a great place to stay.
1. The bars in the tub were not at a level that a disabled/handicapped person could use while taking a shower. Instead, they were about 10 inches above the tub--at level that gets in the way of a person who is taking a bath. I realize the bars would be helpful to a disabled person who is taking a bath; but it has been my experience that most disabled/handicapped people take showers, and these bars are of no help at all to those people (including the person who was with me).
2. I do take baths instead of showers, and I found that the drain stopper did nothing to stop the water from draining out of the tub. I had to run my bath water during my bath just so I would have water in the tub.
3. There was no soap dish in the bathroom; as a result, the counter became slimy where we placed our soap.
4. The lighting in the bathroom was very dim, even with the vanity lights on.
5. The lighting in the room was also very dim--almost too dim for us to read while in the room.
6. There was no microwave or refrigerator in our room. I know I should have checked on this before reserving the room, but I have come to expect Holiday Inn Express to provide a microwave and refrigerator. The room was certainly large enough for these items.
7. The only chair in the room was the chair at the desk/computer table. Instead, there was an end table that served no purpose. A chair instead of this table next to the floor lamp would have been nice. As it was, if one of us was at the computer, the other one had no place to sit except the bed.
8. While the desk clerk was very nice and friendly, I had trouble understanding him because of his accent.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank RoadTripTraveler
VBNES, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Van Buren-Ft Smith Area, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Dear RoadTripTraveler;

I can see by your tripadvisor profile that you are a frequent traveler and reviewer. Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us. We value your opinion and take your feedback seriously and hope that we can make improvements in the areas you mentioned. We are always striving to offer an excellent stay to each and every guest and your comments and suggestions will help us continue to improve our services and amenities. May your travels be enjoyable and thank you again! Have a great weekend!

Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed October 12, 2013

straight A's. Everything was just right. Price, clean, and comfort. No noise from the road. Saved money by having the breakfast for two which would have been at least $10 some place else. Has the latest stuff like dish HD tv and WiFi. at no cost.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
VBNES, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Van Buren-Ft Smith Area, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Good afternoon, swantonla!

I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about your experience. May all your stays be great and we hope to see you again soon!

Gilmer, Texas
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for only one night. This is a new HI-Express so its clean and nice. From what I can tell its well managed. The one thing that stood out was they have better coffee than any other HI-Express that I've stayed at. So if I'm doing work in the area anytime in the future, ill be staying at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
Hi, jeremy g!

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to seeing you again in the near future! Have a great day!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Van Buren
#3 of 22 in Fort Smith
Candlewood Suites Fort Smith
Candlewood Suites Fort Smith
#4 of 22 in Fort Smith

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Van Buren-Ft Smith Area? Share your experiences!