“A precious place.”

and 1 more site!
Monart
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Enniscorthy
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I have visited Monart so many times and it remains such a precious place. Each time I arrive I feel exactly the same as I did when I first discovered this gem, many years ago - it's an amazing place, so relaxing. A visit to Monart is the only true way to fully appreciate true peace and harmony.

Room Tip: I love a room overlooking the pond, but really all rooms are gorgeous.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Irene D
Patrick K, Manager at Monart, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear Irene D,

thank you for your review of your many stays with us here at Monart.
We could not be happier than to hear that we remain steadfast in your good books as it were.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Monart Destination Spa ‘The Great Escape’
Monart is an Adults Only Destination, to unwind, escape the stresses of modern life, relax and return to one’s true nature. Voted in the top three Destinations Worldwide by Condé Nast Reader’s Choice Awards. Tatler Destination Spa of the Year 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

My husband brought me to Monart for a 2 night stay in August. I was really impressed with the entire place, it really feels like you've detached yourself from reality. The rooms have everything you need but in a minimalist way without being cold and sterile. The colours and feel used in the rooms are completely neutral and because of this the whole atmosphere is extremely calming. The staff were truly excellent, very attentive but again not in an over-powering way. The food was incredible. The Spa is very well laid out. Because we were there on a weekend the spa was very busy, if I was going again I'd go mid week in the hope that it would be slightly less busy. The treatments were good (I had a mini facial and a head massage), I have had better - there was nothing particularly wrong but I've been to quite a few spas and I've definitely had better. Overall it was a great weekend and it is truly an excellent way to escape the real world.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Gracey83,

Thank you for your review of your stay here at Monart last august.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and very much hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Monart soon again.
_________________________________________

Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

What a fantastic weekend! Spent 2 nights here on the 17th and 18th of January. It was our second visit and was just as good this time. Nice to see that they are adding new features and treatments in the spa. The spa itself was impeccably kept and maintained. We did the couples mud chamber which again was very good. My only complaint was the fact that my deep tissue massage wasn't very deep and the lady did not seem very experienced and the value for money aspect was disappointing as all in all the treatment lasted approx. 45mins from meet and greet etc etc.
The food was simply excellent we ate in the restaurant both nights as the choice and range on the menu left us wanting to try everything. The chef has really got things right here and has a real talent for balance, flavour and originality.
Checked out Sunday feeling really well rested and chilled. Looking forward to returning...... so much so I purchased a voucher so we have an excuse to "have" to visit again!!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank grumpyrep

Dear Grumpyrep,

Thank you for your review of Monart. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us here.

Please be assured that your comments regards your treatment with us, whilst disappointing have the immediate attention of our Spa Manager.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back now that you 'have' to come.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Having just had my second visit to Monart I wanted to give other tripadvisor fans a bit of usefull feedback on Monart. It has to be said that this is a really lovely hotel a fantastic place for a break to unwind. The rooms are great as are the bathrooms though the single beds though comfortable are really very small.
The Spa itself is really lovely and a great place to relax for a day.
I would advise you to look for a lakeview room as the other side of the corridor looks into the trees at the back of the hotel. I would also advise looking for a room at the further end of the corridor we stayed in room 49 and it is at the start of the corridor so a lot of passing traffic. Unfortunatly during our stay there were a group staying in the neighbouring rooms who spent from 12 pm to 2 am in and out of each others rooms banging doors.On contacting reception at 1am we were told the bar had closed and the noise should stop shortly!! It was the lack of consideration of other guests really that caused this disturbance! Not quite what you expect of a hotel meant for quiet time and relaxation. Feedback given on check out was dealt with by a trainee and not taken seriously saying these things happen.... which was a bit infuriating.
I would advise booking the bar if you are planning on eating there we hadnt and on arrival at 6.50pm they were fully booked.The staff had been helpfull and recommended a little italian in enniscorthy town. The treatments are somewhat poor value for money in the spa having had a facial that was 100 euro that lasted just under 45 mins!! We had booked our treatments 6 weeks in advance and not been able to get a much availability. The food is fantastic.I would suggest a midweek trip when the hotel is possibly a bit quiter.

Room Tip: Ask for a lakeview room (an even number) further along the corridor from the corridor to the spa/rec...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Jane S,

Many thanks for your review of your stay here at Monart.

I am delighted that in the main, you found your time here to be a relaxing break. I am however, disappointed to read that you should have any reason to be dissatisfied with any aspect of your stay.

While all of our new recruits do go through a training period whilst with us, please be assured that points raised by all of our valued guests receive our fullest attention. I am sorry that this interaction did not convey that to you.

I would welcome the opportunity of speaking with you directly so that I may gain a greater understanding of the circumstances leading to your comments in regards to your Spa Treatment with us. Should you wish to discuss please ask for Patrick.

I very much hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you to Monart again in the future.

We are committed to providing the very best in customer service and care; it is with this focus on excellence that we have consistently been recognised as not just 5 star, but a world leading 5 star destination SPA.

Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went here for our anniversary last year. What a treat!
The hotel is beautiful. There are lots of areas to sit and relax and the gardens are reslly nice to walk around.
The room was spotlessly clean, nicely decorated and spacious with a nice sitting area and large bathroom. The room also opens onto garden and you can sit just outside your door which is really nice.
We had dinner in the restaurant both nights and the food is really great. You would be hard pressed to find a better meal in Ireland. The desserts were especially good. There is plenty of choice for where to eat including a café, bar and lounge for afternoon tea.
The Spa was wonderful, a real escape from reality. After 2 days here you will feel great and so relaxed. I would love to go here again and would recommend it to anybody looking to relax and indulge.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear EE2012,

thank you for your review of your time with us here at Monart last year. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us and very much hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you again to Monart

Reviewed February 6, 2014

​I​'ve been to some nice places, in some nice locations, all over the world. Different places are great at different things, but I have to say, Monart was awesome at everything!​

​I'm not normally one for massages and spa treatments and stuff, and usually I get bored sitting in the one spot for over 5 minutes, but Monart managed to relax me so much that my 30 minute massage seemed like about 2 minutes! No WiFi unless you're in the front of the old house, mandatory gowns and slippers, it all sounded scary, but it's all so right! The beds are comfy, the showers are great, the rooms are bright and the décor all over is top notch!

The atmosphere was great, the staff were great, and the food was amazing!​ (If I had one short fall, it would be the coffee... I din't know what kind of machine is in use down there, but could do with maybe getting a new one. That being said, that might be just me, I'm very picky when it comes to coffee!

All in all, expensive, but worth it! We'll be back in July after our wedding for 3 days as I can't think of anywhere, globally, that relaxed me as much! It's a great asset to the area that Wexford has something like this nestled away down there!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear BrianIrish,

Thanks indeed for your review of your time with us at monart. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and took full advantage of the digital detox so to speak and emersed yourself in the surroundings here.

We very much look forward to welcoming you for your Honeymoon later this year.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

My husband and I stayed here recently for a weekend. We arrived in the pouring rain and were pleased that we were greeted by a pleasant man called Joseph who took our bags in and onwards to our room and parked our car for us. We were checked in and then walked to our room and told how everything worked, including the temperature gauge (very important when you have an eternally warm husband!).
It is slightly surreal on entry to the hotel that everyone is in their dressing gowns but we quickly got into the way of it. We used the spa both days we were there and both of us had treatments which were very good. The focus is very much on relaxation and I feel it delivers strongly on this.

We dined in the restaurant on our first night and had a great meal, very well presented and we were served by a lovely waitress (Anna?) who really added to the enjoyment of the meal. We dined in the garden lounge the next night and again this was a very nice meal. Definitely more high-end pub grub than the fine dining restaurant but very good all the same. breakfast both mornings was delightful, Really nice variety of food, both naughty and nice. I also really like the fact they bring your cooked breakfast to you, too few supposed 5 star hotels do that these days.

it is the small things here that make it special - quality cutlery and napkins, silver tea pots, beautiful breads served pre-dinner, delightfully comfortable beds and pillows.

if you are here to party then you have come to the wrong place. But if you are here to unwind and relax then it is perfect.

In terms of value, there is no doubt that it is a highly expensive choice. It is undoubtedly the most expensive place I have stayed in in Ireland. But when it is a faultless weekend I think it is value for money. Would I return? Absolutely but I think we would need a special reason to do so.

Room Tip: Our room faced out to the road. If you are a light sleeper you may prefer to face the court yard fo...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Armaghgirl,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us here in Monart recently.
We are delighted that you found your time to be faultless. I shall be sure also to pass on your commendations to Anna, who I know will be delighted.

We look forward to perhaps welcoming you to Monart again in the future.
Monart Destination Spa ‘The Great Escape’

Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniscorthy
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club
Treacy's Hotel
Treacy's Hotel
#3 of 5 in Enniscorthy
Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa

Been to Monart? Share your experiences!