“French fall in love with Monart”
Review of Monart

Monart
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Enniscorthy
Dublin
“French fall in love with Monart”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We have been to Monart many times in the last number of years but decided to take our French close friends on a special weekend treat. You are always nervous when you do this as you just never know if the place you love is to someone elses taste. We need not have worried from the moment they arrived they fell in love with Monart. The staff could not have been more acommodating, the food superb and both these individuals run a very successful restaurant called La Mere Germaine in Villefranche in France so the bar was high. They loved their room and the nice thing about Monart is they had plenty of time to themsleves and we were able to meet up for dinner and breakfast and drinks but otherwise got lost in the pleasures of Monart.
The General Mananger Mark Browne who speaks adequate French was charming and really made the stay feel very special for them.

I think they loved the gardens surrounding Monart and we all agreed that it would be a beautifull place to take dogs but the hotel is not geared up for them as yet, they do have a beautiful equestrian centre nearby however if you arei nterested in horses.
Our friends I know are still talking about it so job well done team Monart we will be back.

Luxury travellers, Dublin 8

Room Tip: All the rooms have lovely views to the garden, if your budget permits stay in the old house suites
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear LuxuryTraveller_8,

Sincere and many thanks for your review of your recent trip to us here at Monart. We are truly delighted that we not only lived up to your memory of past trips but also met the high expectations of your close friends.

We very much look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Monart Destination Spa ‘The Great Escape’
Monart is an Adults Only Destination, to unwind, escape the stresses of modern life, relax and return to one’s true nature. Voted in the top three Destinations Worldwide by Condé Nast Reader’s Choice Awards. Tatler Destination Spa of the Year 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Polish first
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We arrived late on Friday 14th December for 2 nights.
Monart is a Haven, a jewel, pure pleasure delivered quietly and purposefully in an understated way, which seems to be almost a contradiction but everything was so peaceful and calm but orderly too. Other guests were so obviously relaxed and content; it made for an overall feeling of tranquillity. We hadn’t previously realised that it was an adult only resort but that was sheer bliss... There are numerous ways to recount the marvellous assets of Monart. The décor is pure elegance and interesting pieces are strategically placed for maximum effect yet manage to remain completely unobtrusive. The hotel appeared to be full, the car park indicated such but yet the hotel felt airy and not in the least congested. The rooms are beautiful but the bathroom must be the ‘piece de résistance’, quiet, warm, large, great lighting and cleverly designed. Our waiter, in the Garden Lounge was excellent as was the food. I had the pear, almond and broccoli salad with a glass Marlborough wine, Wither Hills to be precise. We shared a dessert, a smooth malt moose with nuts and chocolate on top. Dinner was equally wonderful, with plenty to choose from and attentive and helpful staff.
As I go to spa hotels fairly regularly and enjoy massage and other treatments it is a bit of a bugbear of mine that although most therapists recommend that one doesn’t shower until the next morning in order to allow the oils to soak into the skin. I like to do that but I cannot go to dinner with my hair full of oil so please, please, all spa hotels take note and put a hand held shower in either the spa area or in the bedrooms.
All in all Monart proved to be the best. I will definitely go back and would recommend it whole heartedly. Thank you to all of those that made our stay so special.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Mayigo,

Many thanks for your review of your recent stay with us here at Monart.
We are truly delighted that you found the atmosphere and service to be tranquil. Your high praise and commendation, particularly of our staff are so very much appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Driving up to what one believes to be the hotel you arrive at a "nice" rather small , typical country house. We walk in and from" oh how nice",we go to" wow wow" amazing, unexpected .Great staff,
the rooms are beautifull the gardens are worth to be discoverd.The spa is a heaven of tranquillity.
We enyoied every meal.
Again Thanks to the staff and especially Mark the director who speaks fleuntly French we had a perfect relaxed time.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Thierry B,

Merci Beaucoup de votre réviser concernant a propos de votre séjour récent avec nous.

We are truly delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and that we in someway made your first time in Ireland a memorable one.

I hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you again in the future.
Dublin
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Recently I spent a weekend with my daughter at Monart and was more than delighted that it lived up to my expectations and indeed where the dining was concerned, surpassed them( I'm thinking Michelin Star standard). This place is run seamlessly, so take a bow CEO Mr. Browne and wonderful staff.

Now comes my picky bit.....I was completly taken aback by the volume of noise( talking, laughing, whooping) in the sauna area throughout one whole day(Saturday) of my visit. Sorry girls, but as our sisters in Sweden, Holland, Germany and Austria will tell you, the sauna area is for chilling out and enjoying the feeling of serenity and wellbeing and peace engendered by the warmth of the various saunas experienced in Silence.

The other irksome occurence was the fact that all new visitors are taken on a tour of the sauna area and the swimming pool area by a member of staff, which again does not help the noise level or that feeling of peace and tranquility that we are all after when visiting a destination Spa.

I found that in all other areas of Monart, both indoors and outdoors, all was peaceful and calm, indeed the level of chatter at dinner and at breakfast was nothing more than one would expect.

I think that the gardens at Monart deserve special mention, designed as they are by Chelsea Gold medal winner Mary Reynolds. No doubt they are particularly beautiful in spring and summer but for me, on that sunny winter's weekend when I was there, they were inimitable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank DublinClare
Dear DublinClare,

Many thanks for your review of your time with us here at Monart. We are delighted that we lived up to your expectations.

To ensure equal parity for all of our valued clients, we do have policies in place for noise disturbances, and I will be happy to address these again with all of our team here.

I certainly hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future.

Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Just returned from a magical weekend to celebrate my mother's birthday.

The staff were all excellent - the food delicious and the atmosphere luxurious.

One very minor thing (not a complaint just a personal preference) is that I'd have loved tea/coffee making facilities, and an early paper in the bedroom. I appreciate it is probably out of keeping with Monart's aim to spoil, it is just personally I'm best with a morning coffee before I have to interact with anyone:) But, who knows maybe if I’d asked this could have been managed..

The spa treatments and atmosphere was great. The 5 course meal was divine, with options to suit all tastes. All in all a real treat & I’m hoping to return sometime.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank DontLikeTheRain
Dear DontLikeTheRain,

Many thanks indeed for your review of your time with us here at Monart recently. We are genuinely delighted that you enjoyed yourself whilst with us and found us to be the perfect escape for your birthday.

We very much hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you again in the future.
Ireland
Reviewed November 29, 2012

We went to the Monart with a bunch of friend's to celebrate the wedding of one of our friends and we really enjoyed it.

The Hotel is located in the countryside in the Enniscorthy area and to enter the hotel premisses you need to ring a bell and the gates will be opened.
There is a car parking service available too which means that you do not need to bother about anything apart from relaxing.

On entry we were welcomed by very friendly staff and with a shot of fruit smoothie which was just delicious.

The rooms were extremely spacious and very nicely decorated and a little balcony for each room and you look out to the beautifull garden.

In our rooms we found dressing gowns and slippers and we immediately got changed and ran down to the spa area. The spa area is just amazing. Small but amazing. Every guest becomes a complementary foot massage and you can easely spent the whole day in the spa area without feeling guilty. We just got back into our dressing gowns and went for a walk around the area and were so relaxed afterwards.

For dinner we went into the Garden Cafe and the food was very good. But the portions are very large so think twice before ordering starter and main course.
Also we arrived with a cake and sparkling candles for our wive to be and it was no problem to get this served in the Cafe.

Unfortunately I was very sick that day and was unable to stay up late and therefore couldn'd explore the whole area but I will be definitly back.

I can highly recommed the Monart to everyone who wants to relax.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Schnuk-Schnuk
Patrick L, Manager at Monart, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Schnuk-Schnuk,

Many thanks for your review of your time with us recently. We could not be happier that you and your party enjoyed your 'great escape' so much.

Your high praise and commendation are very much appreciated and we very much look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Delft
Reviewed November 26, 2012

A friend and I had a spa getaway to celebrate 40 years of friendship. We got a lovely twin room, as requested, and thought the hotel was beautiful. The combination of the old-style original building at the front with the ultra-modern back half was just lovely. Food and drink is expensive but delicious. However, do check your bill at the restaurants - I found 2 mistakes in 2 days (drinks on the bill which we hadn't had). One mistake can happen, but 2 in 2 days....not good.
The other issue is that, on both mornings, at about 5am, I was woken by the noise of water pipes. I actually called housekeeping because I had no idea what the noise was...someone came and explained it was the pipes. I wasn't offered any solution or anything to make up for the interruption to my sleep. I mentioned the issue to the manager on check-out and he made no comment. I should mention that - aside from the pipes - the surroundings are totally peaceful
In terms of the spa - it is very enjoyable and I had an excellent massage.
All in all, because we had quite a reasonable package, I was very happy with my stay. However, if I had paid the full amount, I would have been quite unhappy!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ykemichelle
Patrick L, Manager at Monart, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Ykemichelle,

Many thanks for your review of your time with us here at Monart.
We are delighted that in the main you enjoyed your time with us.

We are however disappointed to read your comments regarding 'pipes noise disturbance' we would be delighted to hear from you directly so that we may gain a greater understanding of the situation as it arose.
Please ask for Mark or Patrick.

We are committed to providing the very best in customer service and care; it is with this focus on excellence that we have consistently been recognised as not just 5 star, but a world leading 5 star destination SPA.

Monart Destination Spa ‘The Great Escape’
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniscorthy
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club
Treacy's Hotel
Treacy's Hotel
#3 of 5 in Enniscorthy
Marlfield House Hotel

Been to Monart? Share your experiences!