“Delicious massage, lovely hotel but check your bill and bring your ear plugs.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Monart

and 1 more site!
Monart
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Enniscorthy
Delft
“Delicious massage, lovely hotel but check your bill and bring your ear plugs.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

A friend and I had a spa getaway to celebrate 40 years of friendship. We got a lovely twin room, as requested, and thought the hotel was beautiful. The combination of the old-style original building at the front with the ultra-modern back half was just lovely. Food and drink is expensive but delicious. However, do check your bill at the restaurants - I found 2 mistakes in 2 days (drinks on the bill which we hadn't had). One mistake can happen, but 2 in 2 days....not good.
The other issue is that, on both mornings, at about 5am, I was woken by the noise of water pipes. I actually called housekeeping because I had no idea what the noise was...someone came and explained it was the pipes. I wasn't offered any solution or anything to make up for the interruption to my sleep. I mentioned the issue to the manager on check-out and he made no comment. I should mention that - aside from the pipes - the surroundings are totally peaceful
In terms of the spa - it is very enjoyable and I had an excellent massage.
All in all, because we had quite a reasonable package, I was very happy with my stay. However, if I had paid the full amount, I would have been quite unhappy!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ykemichelle
Patrick L, Manager at Monart, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Ykemichelle,

Many thanks for your review of your time with us here at Monart.
We are delighted that in the main you enjoyed your time with us.

We are however disappointed to read your comments regarding 'pipes noise disturbance' we would be delighted to hear from you directly so that we may gain a greater understanding of the situation as it arose.
Please ask for Mark or Patrick.

We are committed to providing the very best in customer service and care; it is with this focus on excellence that we have consistently been recognised as not just 5 star, but a world leading 5 star destination SPA.

Monart Destination Spa ‘The Great Escape’
Monart is an Adults Only Destination, to unwind, escape the stresses of modern life, relax and return to one’s true nature. Voted in the top three Destinations Worldwide by Condé Nast Reader’s Choice Awards. Tatler Destination Spa of the Year 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Polish first
Waterford, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

When we arrived the welcome was fantastic and a good start to the weekend how wrong I was. We got changed and headed to the spa again the welcome was warm and we were told that we would get a complimentary foot massage and a tour of the spa facilities. We went in there were 5 of us sitting there waiting for a foot massage when it came it was nothing more than getting our feet washed and dried. Oh and she used the same towel for all 5 sets of feet not exactly hygenic. She also had rings and bracelets on which I found to be unacceptable. The spa itself was dirty with dried up apple cores in the sauna. The changing area was also dirty with one shower broken and another clogged up with hair. Not what I expected from a destination spa. The food was average but the desert available on our package was inedible. Most of the food available had a surcharge and was therefore very bad value for money. The corridor to the room was like a bad airport and it seemed to shake under your feet.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank AMA62
MonartGM, General Manager at Monart, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear AMA62,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your time with us here at Monart.

We are genuinely saddened and disappointed to read your comments regarding our Spa. As I am sure that you will appreciate, we certainly do not take any of these matters lightly and have investigated your comments in great detail.

Hygiene and cleanliness are absolutely paramount to our business, all policies and procedures have been reviewed to ensure the circumstance you describe - no matter how unusual or rare - are removed.

By way of clarification may I say that our Table d’hote Menu consists of 26 dishes, 6 of which carry a supplement. We feel that our offering of a 5 course menu at €39.95 (excluding supplements) represents great value and choice.

I would be delighted to hear from you directly, so that I may gain a greater understanding of the circumstances pertaining to your review. It is with feedback alone that we have the opportunity of constantly improving on our offerings. We are sorry that on this occasion Monart failed to wow you with our normal attention to detail and exceptional customer service we are so very proud of.

Kind regards,
Mark Browne, General Manager

Wexford IRl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

Went for sunday lunch yesterday. This was a really good dining experience.From the moment we entered the front door the sense of detail and attention was evident The bar is a warm welcome feeling and the staff are just "professional ".We were shown menus for the dining room at our bar table and were totally unhurried.The restaurant itself is as it should be for fine dining,white starched linen and silver service all the way.The food was excellent and the wine list comprehensive but again the staff were so professional and on top of their game.Overall,excellent !

Patrick L, Manager at Monart, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear JohnWexfordIRI,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of your Sunday Lunch with us last week.
Your high praise and commendation are very much appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

qld
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

Just back from a two night break with my sister, have visited numerous spa destinations and this was without doubt the best. Service was outstanding, staff did whatever they could to make our stay as comfortable as possible and no ask was too great. The dinner in the restaurant exceeded expectations and would highly recommend the monkfish. Breakfast had everything possible on offer, both cold and cooked. The spa lived up to all expectations and treatments were lovely, would highly recommend prescriptives facial. Overall, the stay exceeded our expectations and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a relaxing break away.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Patrick L, Manager at Monart, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Socky86,

Many thanks for your review of your time with recently, your high commendation of our staff, food and spa are hugely appreciated. I very much hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you again in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

I was told the suite I had booked was unavailable at check in. The rather graphic reason given was the suite was infested with flies. i was offered a complimentary brownie and a different room at the far end of the complex. The experience of getting to the sauna from here is similar to traveling a long airport corridor. In short a drag. Breakfast was served cold in the room. The spa was good but nothing exceptional. Overall Monart was not a relaxing experience. Won't be going back.

3 Thank Colm D
Patrick L, Manager at Monart, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Dear Colm D,

Many thanks indeed for taking the time to write a review of your time with us here at Monart.

I am naturally disappointed to read your comments.

As I'm sure you will understand we would never 'sell' any room here at Monart that does not for any reason meet our exacting standard, the Lakeside room that you were subsequently allocated, while located at the far end of the building, is one of our very most requested rooms and a favorite with many of our return visitors, due to its unobstructed views of our lake & woodlands, together with its wrap around balcony.

Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

This was one our best stays at Monart. But our expectations are getting higher, every time :-)

Dinner in the restaurant has improved dramatically since our last stay.
Some of the best Tuna (starter) and best Monkfish (main) and best Cheese we have ever had. Couple of things to obseve: Service was great, though the chef forgot a part of the Tuna Asiette. We asked for a second mini-starter to make up the loss and got it without quibble. My duck needed to be cut thinner and seasoner better.
Breakfasts were superb and lacking for nothing. Bit of a queue for late-comers. Maybe Monart could offer a later breakfast/brunch option for slow risers?

Food in the main bar was good, but also with the odd hiccup, but the kitchen was under pressure, after the Monart Horse Sale on that night. Thierry, our waiter did a great job.

Spa: Saturday morning and the sauna rooms were not on by 8:30am and this has happened before. The staff just need to be asked to check the temperature readings every morning.
Also the 'Caldarium' is a mystery to me. I reckon nobody ever goes in becasue it is too cold and smells wierd. Why not add aromathery oils to the steam? And crank up the thermostat?

But all things considered, 99% of the spa is amazing and just needs to top up the aroma in the aroma stream room. And I think the showers used to have aroma too; peppermint in the ice rain and floral scent in the tropical showers.....?

I'm certain to return and look forward to it getting better all the time.

Room Tip: They're all great. I like the upper level.
1 Thank canyonaro
Patrick L, Manager at Monart, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Canyonaro,

Many thanks indeed for your review of your time with us recently. I am genuinely delighted to read that in the main you enjoyed your time with us and that you plan to return to us here at Monart.

I am however disappointed to read your comments in relation to our Spa area, as I am unaware of any issues with the Spa during that time. I would be delighted to hear from you directly so that I may gain a greater understanding of the circumstances that led to your review. Please ask for Mark or Patrick.
_______________________________________
Clonmel, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

Mum and I treated ourselves to a stay here in August this year. I was a little apprehensive about it, as i had heard SO MANY good reviews from various friends, and i thought to myself 'there is no way this place is going to live up to the hype' - but it did!! and was even more amazing that i could have imagined.
The staff, the ambience, the rooms, all perfectly styled, not overly styled, just a fresh classical look that remains timeless. Low key lighting everywhere and an atmosphere of calm relaxation make it a perfect escape from the everyday world.
The spa was lovely, they have an amazing chill out room upstairs, which is really special. the treatments were good, not excellent, i think it depends on what beauty therapist you get. (Mum raved about her treatments, whereas i was a little less impressed) the Provonias products are amazing and worth a trip just for a facial alone!! but i got a full body scrub and let's just say after the beauty therapist took off the scrub, there was lots of it left on me! and i had to hop up on the table with the shower head to try and rinse it off but to no avail!! eventually had to ask for a shower! not ideal. but it still didn't really put me off the place, which says it all really.
the food is amazing, simple and clean, and healthy if you want too. it's not a big drinking place, you can have a glass of wine with you dinner but it's not a place to go tear it up at the bar, which i think makes the place so relaxing.
whatever you do, don't miss breakfast, it's perhaps the best i'ver had!!
don't think about it anymore - JUST GO!!! :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Patrick L, Manager at Monart, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear Mrsstokes2012,

Many thanks for your very kind words, we are truly delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and very much hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you here again in the future.

Monart Destination Spa ‘The Great Escape’
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniscorthy
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club
Treacy's Hotel
Treacy's Hotel
#3 of 5 in Enniscorthy
Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa

Been to Monart? Share your experiences!