“Total bliss”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Enniscorthy
Dublin, Ireland
“Total bliss”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Went for a relaxing weekend with my mum. I was beyond amazed! They refer to it as a cocoon and it is! The treatments were excellent and the thermal spa is endless! The fact you just potter around in your robes is a luxury in itself. The staff can't do enough for you. Rooms are beautifully decorated and the beds divine, best nights sleep ever. Highly recommend a visit....and I'll be returning.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Dear Exploring365,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us here at Monart. We are very enthused by the high commendations you offer.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Monart Destination Spa ‘The Great Escape’
Monart is an Adults Only Destination, to unwind, escape the stresses of modern life, relax and return to one’s true nature. Voted in the top three Destinations Worldwide by Condé Nast Reader’s Choice Awards. Tatler Destination Spa of the Year 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
  • Polish first
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We were really impressed by our first trip to Monart last weekend; rooms are really nice, plenty of different spaces to read/chill, the buildings and grounds are beautiful & attention to small details is really noticeable. The welcome was very personal and it’s a very beautiful spot! The level of service in the restaurant for all meals was excellent. Two things stop me giving this an excellent rating : the food and the spa service. The food was surprisingly not as good as you'd expect - dinner overall and both hot breakfasts were pretty bland but the cold buffet selection at breakfast seemed much better. All staff were extremely helpful, polite and friendly apart from the spa where a couple of the receptionists were totally uninterested and unhelpful. Unfortunately the pool is nowhere near big enough to suit those using the hydrotherapy stations and those who want to swim so its all a bit manic if its busy with both. Finally, I had booked a hammam treatment which was just ok but a plastic table and a disinterested therapist really doesn't cut it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear SachmoIreland,

Many thanks for your recent review of your time with us here at Monart. We are delighted that, in the main you were very impressed by your time here.

We are however genuinely disappointed to read your comments regarding your dining experiences and our Spa Staff in particular.
I would welcome you to contact us directly here, so that we may gain a greater understanding of the circumstances that lead to your review. Should you wish, please ask for Mark or Patrick.

Best regards, All at Monart.
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My second visit as a treat to myself. Was more blown away on the first visit but I definitely recommend this hotel if you are looking for a quiet, relaxing, spend all day in your robe, experience. The food is also delicious. I had the hot stone massage which is the best money can buy and I felt totally relaxed coming home. Only one comment is the beds are far too soft for my liking as I have back problems.
If I won the euromillions I would move in permanently (but bring my own bed)!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Macymo0,

Thank you indeed for your review of your stay with us here at Monart. We are genuinely deligthed that you enjoyed your time with us here, and look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Cork
Reviewed September 17, 2012

From the moment I arrived I was impressed the friendliness of the reception staff, the valet parking great as it was raining & the beautiful backdrop of the reception area reminded me of Monets garden. No children here & as it was a relaxing break with the girls this was really welcomed. The food in the bar, restaurant & cafe was all very good. Very friendly charismatic staff all great. I had a wonderful back massage from a well informed therapist. The swimming pool is a little small for doing lengths but adequate. I lived the dark relaxation room & could have stayed there alot longer. I am already looking forward to a return visit in January :) also to note the rooms are very spacious and the rooms on the first floor have a high ceiling.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear SerendipityCork,

Many thanks for your review of your recent stay with us here at Monart. We are delighted that you felt us deserving of a 5 star review.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
_________________________________________
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We spent a wonderful weekend in this luxury retreat. It was my birthday and my girlfriend surprised me with a visit. The place is crawling with staff and you really feel taken care of. The level of service and attention to detail is very high. We had the corner room on the top floor which provided an added sense of privacy. We did have a small problem with the shower which was a little clogged and the bed which was in fact 2 singles put together. That said, it was one of the more comfortable sleeps I have ever had.
The breakfast is exceptional and in general, the staff will cater to what you want, even if it means getting a dish that is not on the menu. We had dinner at the hotel's gourmet restaurant which proved to be surprisingly memorable despite the fact I don't like gourmet restaurants. The only thing annoying was the overpriced wine menu, they can do a bit better on this front.

The spa is enjoyable, an interesting experience. Treatments are overpriced for their short duration and the classes a bit dull but really, you will have an amazing experience here.

I highly recommend this as a romantic getaway and a place to celebrate special events.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room on the top floor
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Avichai,

Many thanks indeed for your review of your recent trip to us here at Monart.

We are genuinely delighted that you enjoyed your Birthday weekend with us, and your commendations of our staff are very much appreciated.

By way of clarification may I say that our wine List ranges in price from €26 per bottle. We also offer a full half bottle and by the glass selection. We feel that this represents super value for the high Qulaity Wines we offer.

Best regards, All at Monart
Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

I love this hotel, staff are just wonderful, I've stayed here both on my own and with my husband and I have enjoyed both equally. The atmosphere is one of total relaxation as soon as you walk in the door, I love that you can walk around in your robe for the entire day. The spa is fantastic, the only small negative is that the don't have a proper jacuzzi.

Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Patrick L, Manager at Monart, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Dear Flipper43,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of us here at Monart.
We are genuinely delighted that you have found your stays here to be 'Fab'.
I am delighted to say that an outdoor hot tub is something we are currently looking into.

Best regards, All at Monart
Carlow
Reviewed September 10, 2012

My fiancée and I have been to Monart three times now, and it has never disappointed. From the grounds, and the way the hotel is designed to enclose you in a world of relaxation, to the fact that you can stroll down to breakfast in your robe, it is the perfect way to spend a weekend together.

However, I have noticed a few reviews claiming to have spent vast sums of money, and yes, I suppose you could be a bit let down if you spent well over a grand in the course of one weekend.

However, you do not need to do this in order to enjoy the place. I would advise looking out for their offers. For example we booked a two night stay, dinner in their main restaurant, and a complimentary treatment each for a very reasonable price. You don't have to go counting the pennies either, and we ourselves spent a small fortune on cocktails simply because we wanted too, and they do seriously good cocktails here.

The main restaurant is orders of magnitude above normal 4-5 star hotel food. Not Michelin star either, but then again neither is the price. And I think they have struck a good balance here, and are realistic about shoving certain pretentions in the faces of the majority of their clients. They know their market really well.

However, my fiancée is a vegetarian, and we did stumble into the usual token offerings, and meagre creations of a Kitchen that is all about local meats. Ireland has yet to really get on board with the whole vegetarian thing in general. But it would be nice to see places like Monart pave the way. Anyways if you are a meat eater like me, then you will not be disappointed in the main restaurant.
Personally, however I much preferred just eating in the bar, and then having a few drinks in one of the quiet rooms in the old house. The bar also had a very good vegetarian menu, which was at odds with the restaurant.

The spa itself has a lot on offer, and you can easily spend hours just floating from one room to another, and occasionally reading from time to time. The views of the Gardens add a little something extra as well.

There are a few things that I have seen in other spas that I wish Monart would consider putting in. But this is more due to my experiences with infinity pools looking out over amazing views, and Canadian hot tubes. What can I say? I can't think of anything more relaxing than being outside, relaxing in a warm pool, especially in the winter time. And Monart definitely has the grounds to pull off some spectacular outdoor relaxation areas. They do have the usual outdoor recliners. But what they do need is some kind of outdoor spa experience as well. Have I mentioned that enough!!!

A final word on the staff, I have never tipped as much as when I am in Monart. Simply because they make you want to tip them, they are friendly, and can't do enough for you. This is also due to the fact that management clearly aren't trying to force 4 people to do the job of 8 in the restaurant etc, and the atmosphere is always calm, and chilled. Unlike a lot of 4-5 star hotels in Ireland, where they are skimping on the most important aspect of service. This is definitely not the case in Monart. Can't give the staff enough praise from my 3 experiences of the place.

Overall, Monart is excellent value for money, and feels like an isolated cocoon of luxury. I am sure that there are world class spas with a wow factor that it lags a little behind on. But then again their price tag is probably wow as well. It's all relative, and there are places many of us simply could never afford to experience. Monart on the other hand is a world class spa that is affordable at the same time if you are savvy about looking out for their offers.

Use your head, and you will get a 5 star treatment for a very reasonable price. Exactly what most people are looking for I would Imagine?

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Greg W
Patrick L, Manager at Monart, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Dear Greg W,

Many thanks for your recent review of your stays here at Monart. We are delighted that you continually choose us for your great escapes.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Monart Destination Spa ‘The Great Escape’
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniscorthy
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club
Treacy's Hotel
Treacy's Hotel
#3 of 5 in Enniscorthy
Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa

Been to Monart? Share your experiences!