“Amazing...” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Enniscorthy
Cork, Ireland
“Amazing...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2011

Loved our sisters trip to the Monart in March 2010. Gorgeous rooms with balconies. Excellent treatments. The food in both the bar and restaurant was great. Excelllent staff. Sadly our trip was cut short due to a sudden family death. We will never forget the kindness of the Manager Mark and the very generous breakfast trolley that arrived at our room after we got the bad news. We've vowed to go back soon!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Polish first
Milan, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

The surroundings and some of the interiors of the hotel are very beautiful. But the rooms are extremely average and the dining room is a bit cheap looking. If it wasn't so expensive I'd rave about it but i've stayed in exceptionally better hotels and Spas in other parts of the world that cant compare to this because of what they presume to offer you. It lacks a certain finesse. If I went again I'd just go to the spa for the day and forget the sleepover.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sonyaearls
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

If you want to have a stress busting relaxing trip away but have little time on your hands. This is the place.
From the moment you arrive, you car is whisked away and the relaxing begins. I loved the Spa Area, we both had treatments, that were well worth the extra spend. Dinner in the fine dinning restaurant was yum-i-licious and didn't disapoint.
Our Bedroom was overlooking the tranquil gardens with a very spacious bathroom, huge bath. They had beautiful complimentary bathroom products with your room.
Also, we had a walk around the grounds, wellys on offer if there is a down pour.
Only complaint, is that 1 night is too short. It is expensive but it is a treat and these sort of treats, don't come cheap. Worth every penny!

ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2011

I stayed for 2 nights with friends and we were all delighted with our stay. I had wanted to come for years but needed an excuse to come, next time I won't. It is worth every penny. I have been to many spas and hotels but none can compare to Monart I will be back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

5 star treatment from the very moment of arrival - we absolutely LOVED it and can't wait to go back. The Monart is like escaping to a different planet, it is an amazing place to escape from reality and just be pampered.

Valet parking, personal tour by reception of where everything was in the hotel and brought to our rooms with baggage following shortly after. Smiling, attentive staff, always enquiring about how we were enjoying our stay. Enormous rooms, beautifully furnished. Quiet and luxurious public spaces.

Beautiful food - but at a price I might add - be prepared to spend a lot of money for even a bottle of beer! - 2 starters, 2 mains, 2 cocktails and a bottle of beer came to €94 in the Garden Lounge. We did not book the main restaurant and chose to eat out in Enniscorthy one night.

Beautiful, quiet Japanese style gardens - quite small, but ideal really if you just want to get some air having been in the spa all day. Small lawns, decorated in the Japanese style and ponds with bridges and woods to walk in.

The spa was fantastic. The hotel didn't feel especially busy and most of the time I was able to use the facilities and be on my own. It was heaven. As part of our package we had booked the mud chamber - absolutely worth it. Gorgeous sweet smelling black canadian mud which you cover yourself in and then sit in a steam room. Treatment lasts 30 minutes. Perfect for couples or groups - its good fun. The spa facilities have everything you might expect from a destination spa - pool, steamrooms and 3 kinds of Finnish sauna at 60 degrees, 70 degrees and 90 degrees. For me it was a real pity that the spa did not have an outdoor jacuzzi or hot tub - it would have been the icing on the cake.

Breakfast was lovely. Its normal to go to breakfast in robes - provided free of charge. 5 star treatment - no buffet style hot breakfast here, at the Monart all hot breakfasts are cooked to order, and you can help yourself to a fantastic selection of fruit, cereals and pastries.

I could not fault my visit to the Monart. It is pricey, but it is so worth it if you want to get away and treat yourself and escape from reality - I have never stayed anywhere else quite like it. It is so peaceful (no kids allowed!).

If I was to nitpick - 2 things, for someone like me with mobility issues, walking distances from room to spa was tough. Lastly, I didn't sleep well as the mattress in our room I think needed replacing as it had permanent hollows - I'm not fond on memory foam anyway - too soft for me.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2011

Stayed for two nights, room was good, big and opened onto ground gardens. The surroundings of mo art are breathtaking. There were two places to eat in resort. The garden lounge bar was our face, a very restaurant really as opposed to any bar you've been to. The desserts are to die for. The restaurant was v good but if you're a fussy eater, don't go! I ended up getting pork to start and lamb for main because I don't eat sea food, rabbit etc.
Brekkie was spot on, loads of fresh smoothies juices breads pastries etc.
Staff were so, so, nice.
Spa was v nice but lots of hen parties/loud, annoying women wrecked it a bit for me. Do they know etiquette in spa? Also, the spa was packed on sat morning/afternoon and at one point the sauna was packed and we couldn't go in.
We have been to the more keenly priced Heritage at Killenard Spa resort and spa was easily comparable, if nicer and less people and more relaxed vibe.
We would probably go again but have so many other nice hotels we want to visit. Having said that, we would repeat visit o Killenard!

3 Thank rlisalewis
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2011

We stayed here in January 2010 and it wonderful for a short break. It is expensive but well worth it & the spa is so good that you don't need to spurge on treatments to feel fully relaxed and spoilt! This is perfect for a relaxing break- everything is to the highest standards. Only minus is the absence of a jacuzzi but everything else from the various types of sauna to have a lovely glass of port in the main house looking out at the snow makes up for it!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Laethantasaoire1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniscorthy
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club
Treacy's Hotel
Treacy's Hotel
#3 of 5 in Enniscorthy
Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa

Been to Monart? Share your experiences!