“nice but very noisey”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Enniscorthy
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“nice but very noisey”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Stopped here on a national holiday Irish superdeal trip for 5 days (Sunday to Thursday) It's nice and posh rooms are big light. Meals are ok but not my taste and one day had a meal in the bar instead and it was very nice good price too drinks were cheap ish as well and if you drink lemonade like my mam then it's even cheaper as its free don't know why it just is. We got to make a Guinness cake and pulled a pint of it too which was nice and had a good laugh at the pics you get from it as they look totally different as to what was taken if you want to take part in the cake making you need to go early as there's only 10 places. Staff are helpful and polite. Not quite disabled friendly there's no ramp to get up the three steps there is on arrival there's access at the side but not always able to use it as they don't like you using it when that room is being used sometimes the staff helped to lift my scooter down the steps but a lot of the time we had to do it ourselves. I think the rooms could be cleaner as there was Times I saw they wasn't cleaning things as they should be as there was a dead fly on my bath from Monday and stopped there the whole time I was there. It's very noisey I'm afraid at the front you hear all the drunks outside and on level 1 you can hear music from downstairs then at the back you can hear their nightclub on a weekend so if you like peace/quiet then I recommend stopping during the week in the rooms at the back. We had booked 3 rooms as there was 4 of us and the double room was a nightmare due to from Tuesday they kept having it where they couldnt access the room as the key card wouldn't work and happened loads of times and in the end got blamed it might be their own fault cos if it's kept where a phone is or credit card it wipes the keys memory which was rubbish as mine didn't do it just the room on lever 3 which was also a smoking room as I kept my key where my phone was the problem happened well into double figures. Overall I'd stop here again but not in winter as its electric heaters in room not radiators and due to my health I can't use them so in winter it would be cold plus needs a ramp for disabled access I was going to give 5 star but due to not been as clean as it should be it's a 4 sorry

Room Tip: Back of hotel during the week not at weekends as you hear their nightclub
2 Thank popsey2116

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Spent four nights here using it as a base to explore the area on a holiday with Treyn. The room had been recently refurbished and was of a high standard. The only problem was that the room was located near to the ventilation system which was very loud. The staff were super and we enjoyed the evening entertainment.

1 Thank Paco047
Reviewed July 2, 2014

This hotel might be a good location if you're on a hen weekend, but other than that I don't see how it has achieved the ratings it has.

The lobby on check in was very nicely furnished and check-in was conducted very efficiently. My friend and I were directed to a twin room on the 4th floor where we were told it would be quieter than lower floors. Our room was no more than a hallway, in fact it should have only been a storage closest. There were two single beds immediately inside the door, head to head along the wall. The bathroom, on first impressions, appeared quite nice but the floor tiles were loose, the toilet roll holder was hanging off the wall and the sink was in a very high and far in position that made getting near it quite a task.

Our window was to high up to see out of, and to open or close the windows we had to stand on the desk - surely a health & safety issue? The beds have seen better days and their positioning alongside a beam meant my friend hit her head. I have never seen such a badly assigned room before, even hostels would provide better.

We are off the Bagenal restaurant's set menu (which was included in our package) and the food was mediocre at best. The service of the staff in the Thai restaurant (where we were seated) was very helpful though, and they couldn't do enough for us during our meal.

Despite being told we were on the quieter floor, the noise from the nite club was still very loud and that made sleep difficult until it stopped in the small hours. From what I have heard, anyone who had a room towards the front of the hotel had to endure even more noise as the revellers spilled outside.

So stay at this hotel if you are planning to stay out late and join the other party people, however if you have other arrangements and need to be up early then this isn't the place for you. For what we paid (€139 pps) I do not feel we got any sort of value for money.

3 Thank Pretzel12
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We had the best hen weekend ever!!!!!! from start to finish the staff couldn't have been anymore helpful, cleaners, waiters, barstaff, security staff and reception staff and 1 piticular gentelman Les he is a very kind and helpfull man, all the staff are a credit to the hotel! We didnt have to leave the hotel for anything. Kindest Regards Crystal :)

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank CrystalDub
Solihull, UK
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights as part of a Diamond Holidays tour. Found the staff very friendly and helpful.
Food good, and varied, with a choice of at least three starters and mains. Cold filtered water supplied at the table and replaced when you'd emptied the bottle. Breakfast had a good choice with cooked served buffet, rolls, bread, croissants, chocolate muffins. Tea and Coffee brought to table. Juice and water from machine.

We'd asked for a quiet room, which we got but, with the window open, could hear the ventilation system The room was far too hot, aircon was not working. But reception sent up a fan.

The hotel is faded and needs refurbishment; but remember that Ireland suffered greatly from the recession.

Room Tip: Rooms on road are noisy. Hen and Stag parties at weekends, so avoid.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank OriginalDickieMint
Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We stayed as part of a tour with Star Coach holidays Birmingham and had a wonderful time. The food was good with some very traditional dishes, and staff very helpful and friendly. The ' Taste of Ireland experience' lived up to its name. We pulled a pint of guinness , baked a guinness cake and were entertained with traditional irish music and dancing. The hotel was a great base to explore Wexford and Waterford, two counties with fascinating histories and interesting places to visit. Thank you for making this such an enjoyable visit.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter and we had a wonderful view of Vinegar Hill!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
County Meath, Ireland
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

We stated here over the weekend of strawberry fest, hotel was lovely staff were very friendly
Only critism I have is we stayed as 2 nights b&b and one diner, I was disappointed when we got our dinner voucher which was 4 courses in the not so good bagnell restaurant, or only €15 off a main course in the bar or Chang Thai restaurant.
Hotel experience was great but very disappointed with the dinner!!

• Stayed June 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniscorthy
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club
Talbot Wexford
Talbot Wexford
#4 of 5 in Wexford
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,596 reviews

Been to Treacy's Hotel? Share your experiences!