“Lovely family break” 5 of 5 bubbles

Treacy's Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Enniscorthy
“Lovely family break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Just arrived back from a lovely family break. My 2 daughters (7&4) completely fell in love with the place, the staff were all fantastic and nothing was too much trouble for them. Especially the kids club girls. When we checked into our room there were 2 cookies there for my kids with there names written on them in icing, I thought this was a lovely personal touch that you don't see everywhere. The room itself was lovely I couldn't fault it in any way. We were so impressed that we are already looking into returning for the mid term break

2 Thank Lillymae1982
TreacysHotel, Manager at Treacy's Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Lilly,

It gives me great pleasure to read such an outstanding review, I am truly delighted your girls enjoyed the kids club and their cookies. I will pass on your lovely comments to the girls in the kids club they do a fantastic job keeping the kids entertained.

We look forward to seeing you again in the October midterm break.

Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

We recently came back from treacys hotel,and I must say overall experience was amazing from start to finish.Staff at treacys hotel were so friendly and welcoming,always walking past with a smile on there face asking if everything was ok & if we needed anything.
Rooms were very clean & modern,always cleaned to perfection everyday.(beds were so comfy)
They had a well organised kids club on which the staff always had amazing activities for children to do,e.g movie night on big screen,treasure hunt,swimming list goes on.Kids were in there glory,enjoyed fully.
Food at this hotel was lovely.honestly couldn't fault it.Everything was fresh & clean.
Evening entertainment was suburb,live bands great atmosphere all round.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone.
Planning second trip soon & my mother and father have been to this hotel 4 times & love every moment.Hope this is helpful .

Sleep Quality
2 Thank Charlene D
TreacysHotel, Manager at Treacy's Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Charlene,

I am delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay this summer in Treacys Hotel. I will pass on your kind comments to the girls in the kids club they do a fantastic job keeping all the children entertained.
It is fantastic to hear that you felt at home in the hotel with the added value of the entertainment. Hopefully we will see you and your mother and father soon maybe for our Halloween kids club.

Kind Regards

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Just had a 3 night stay in treacys Hotel in enniscorthy had a great time from the min we arrived. Tony at reception was very help with explaining about the kids club to activities happening around wexford. Rooms were clean and housekeeping great to chat to. Joan,Katie both great with the kids dinner in the bar was nice. Only thing was leisure centre is opposite would of been nice on site would return again and signed up to get there specials

1 Thank Tonywybrant
Dear Tony,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about the lovely stay you had in Treacys Hotel Enniscorthy. I will pass on your comments to Joan and Katie in our kids club, they have done a fantastic job this summer entertaining all the kids in our morning and evening kids club a great asset to the hotel.

We look forward to sending you all our upcoming specials and seeing you in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Just spent the weekend with the wide and kids in treacys hotel and had a fantastic time, the reception staff were very helpful and polite, the food was brilliant and Thai restaurant was very authentic. The rooms were clean and comfortable. There was plenty of activitys organised for the kids over the weekend as well. The only problems I had was Enniscorthy was much too hilly !! And the beach was quite windy, But other than that had a great time I recommend this hotel to anyone going to Enniscorthy.

1 Thank Peterfreeman01
Thank you Peter for your lovely tripadvisor review. I was delighted to read that you, your wife and kids enjoyed your summer break at Treacys Hotel.

I will pass on your kind comments to our Thai Chef from our Chang Thai Restaurant. The Kids club during school holidays is a great way for your children to be entertained and for you and your wife to enjoy some quality time together.

Wexford has many blue flag beaches but unfortunately we cannot do much about the wind even in the Sunny South East.

Thank you for your recommendations and we hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards

Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Spent a lovely couple of days in Enniscorthy with the family and stayed in Treacys. The hotel is nice and located near the town centre, staff were excellent with the kids and very friendly. Will definitely be back at some stage.

2 Thank Deirdre F
Dear Deirdre,

Thank you for your lovely comment on Tripadvisor. It is always lovely to read about how excellent, friendly and professional the staff are in the hotel, I will pass on your kind comments to all departments.

We look forward to seeing you and your family soon,

Loughborough, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

We were staying in Enniscorthy in August whilst visiting family. Although we didn't stay at Treacy's we arranged to meet our relatives there one evening, as a local singer was performing. We arrived in the bar at 9.30pm to find there was nowhere at all to sit, as it was packed with families with young children. We found seats in the foyer at the back of the bar and decided to move to the bar later, when the children had gone to bed. Unfortunately this never happened, as when we left at 11.45pm, most of the children were still charging around the place, shouting and screaming as they had been since we arrived.
We pitied the poor singer, as she was in constant competition with the children who (together with their parents, who should have known better) showed no respect for her at all. We asked a member of staff what the hotel policy was regarding children in the bar so late at night and were told that "unfortunately" there was no policy.
It seems to be a sad reflection of our times that this is allowed to happen. These children should have been under the supervision of their parents whilst in a public bar so late at night, instead of being allowed to run riot whilst the hotel staff turned a blind eye. More than one of our group commented that if an adult had been behaving in the same manner as the children, they would have been thrown out of the place.
Sad to say, we will not be returning to Treacy's and the same goes for our relatives who are residents of Enniscorthy.

4 Thank DebJC64
Kildare, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Booked this hotel for a 2 night stay with my family. Felt on booking that it was slightly expensive but receptionist was lovely on the phone and very helpful with the booking. Its a long time since we had a family holiday and I was the one booking and organising. Just before arriving I rang and added a room to our booking which was no problem. On arrival I felt uneasy with my surroundings, I work in the hotel industry myself. Paid for the rooms and made our way up on the lift. We had 3 rooms all next to each other. The lift opened and we were greeted with the most awful green spot lighting along the hallway, it was dimly lit and reminded my of a night club, not a great start. The rooms are small and dirty, the carpet needed a good clean and even the skirting boards were dirty. Going from room to room I could tell everyone was very unhappy with the sheer state of where we were staying for our hotel break. Remote controls were missing from rooms, t.v not work in another, disgusting stale smell of smoke in a NON smoking room and all the mattresses on the beds were on a complete slant with the feet of the bed way higher than the head of the bed. At this stage I made my way down to reception with the list of what I was so unhappy with. The nice receptionist said she would take care of it all so I made my way back upstairs close to tears at the shambles I had managed to book. Arriving in my own room I noticed the bed had a funny slant across it so I stripped the bed revealing 2 single bed mattresses pushed together which I have no problem with but one was 2 inches taller than the one next to it, at this stage I decided enough was enough and rang down to reception to speak to a manager and demanded my money back. We had arrived to the hotel 2 hours after check in time and still were faced with all this. I was horrified and the best thing we done that day was pack and leave here. Never again....

5 Thank zermy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniscorthy
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club
The Millrace Hotel
The Millrace Hotel
#1 of 1 in Bunclody
Amber Springs Hotel and Health Spa

Been to Treacy's Hotel? Share your experiences!