“Not good”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Enniscorthy
Galway, Galway, Ireland
“Not good”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Hi i stayed here a couple of weeks ago. The only thing i can say is that i wont be staying there again. The room smelled off smoke, when i said this to following morning to the girl on the reception as i was checking out the only response i got was "sorry about that" and that was it. The room itself was dated, the curtains etc obvisously hadnt been cleaned in a while.

it was not up the standard that i am used to.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jillyq1_12
TreacysHotel, Manager at Treacy's Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Thank you for your comment, Treacy's Hotel Enniscorthy was completely renovated including all bedrooms in 2008. Each Month all curtains are sent out of the hotel for cleaning. The hotel offers both smoking and non smoking rooms to our guests. We very much appreciate all comments and strive to meet the needs of our guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed November 6, 2012

we had a brrilliant weekend at treacys played golf at enniscorthy staff were very friendly bedrooms very confortable and spotless. Breakfast was excellent we had two evening meals and the service and the presentation of food was really nice we will definitely be back again .Many thanks to Kelly for looking after us so well. liamd

Room Tip: lovely bedrooms on the top floor very quiet bathroom was lovely
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
TreacysHotel, Manager at Treacy's Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for your lovely comment, we look forward to organising your golf trip again soon. Don't forget to can organise transport, golf, dinner, bed and breakfast what ever you need.
Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

stayed 3 nights with my husband & 3 children.had a family room which had loads of room in it, hotel had a kids club which the boys loved giving us time time to ourselves.we had dinner in Thai restaurant food was fab went fir drink in bar which had great atmosphere not at all like usual hotel bars. 2nd night we went to d bar again great venue staff made such a great effort dressing up for Halloween hats off to all especially Freddy crogger great night went to Benedicts hotel night club also staff all dressed up for Halloween very well done.last night went out in town but went back to hotel bar which was great again.overall staff hotel food all exceptional great break will definitely return.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for your lovely comments, we loved having our kids club this halloween all the children were lovely and made it a pleasure to have them. I am delighted you enjoyed our Thai Restaurant, we just got another great review in the Irish Indo from Paolo Tullio so we are all delighted. Looking forward to seeing you again in our Easter or Summer Kids Club
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Just came back from a short 4 night stay in this hotel that was booked through National Holidays, we stayed in Room 407 and can not fault it at all, it was clean and tidy and had everything we needed, staff were always eager to please and helpful, I had a day when I wasn't well.......too many "Blue Hawian" cocktails!!!! but shhhhhh I wont admit it to anyone else! I spent the day in and out of bed and asked cleaning staff to give us a miss coz I was poorly! awww! Which she willingly did but she did come and knock an hour or so later (could have been longer I'm not sure ....tooo busy saying hello to hewie and Ralf!) she asked if there was anything we needed.
Breakfast was always plentiful, we did find it a bit of a rush but this was due to National Holidays not the hotel.
Evening meal was always fresh hot and plentiful too, being vegetarian I was more than pleased with what I got, not the normal run of the mill Veg Lasagna you got everywhere else either.
Bar staff were always chatty and etertainment was really good.
We would definately go back here but not with National Holidays as there was too much time sat on our backsides travelling to places that probably weren't the best options.
Take plenty of spending money too because its really expensive around and about too.

Room Tip: Level 4 seems to be quieter as its higher because there are bars and night clubs here, so go high or...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank crookycrumble
Thank you for your lovely comments, we pride ourselves on our friendly staff. I'm sorry to hear you were ill but our cocktails are irresistible with lots to choose from in the Strawberry Tree cocktail bar. We look forward to seeing you again soon. I can highly recommend the National Holidays they do take really good care of all their customers.
Laois
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We had a wedding last weekend in enniscorthy and unfortunately we could not get a room in the host hotel so we booked Treacys!!! OMG never again....
I called reservations on the 29th september and looked for a double room for the Friday night of the wedding and was informed by the receptionist that I couldn't stay one night we had to stay both Friday and Saturday night, I informed her that it was just for a wedding and we only needed one nights stay, her response was " no we don't have any rooms available" goodbye !!!!
I logged on to the website and hey presto I could book a double room instantly at a cost of €99.00 for the room???? This was booked less than 15 mins after speaking directly with the hotel, How can this be possible ?
On arrival we were horrified at the room we were given, room 102 :( it was freezing cold when we walked in and we had to shimmy across the base of the bed to get past the dressing table and the 2 spare beds that were pushed together to act as a double, the heater was squashed between a chair and the wall and when I lifted it to turn it on I realised that it was just resting on its legs, they were not attached as they should have been - health and safety issue immediately with electric heaters !!!!
Under the heater, the carpet hadnt seen a Hoover since it had been laid, there were balls of tumble weed in the corner !!!
All in all it was an extremely disappointing experience and I wouldn't recommend the hotel to anyone,

• Stayed October 2012
Thank Greek.girlLaois
somerset
Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at treaceys in mid September .the hotel was very clean.the rooms were spacious,well equipped and clean.the staff were very helpful and couldn't do enough for you.breakfast was very good although it did get busy at times due to a coach party staying at the hotel aswell.overall for the money we paid treaceys was excellent value for money.
It did get a little noisy outside on a Friday night

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank dayo21
TreacysHotel, Manager at Treacy's Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for your comments, we really appreciate your review and hope to see you again soon.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Having read through the comments on tripadvisor I was a little apprehensive as to what I might find on a recent overnight at this hotel. First off, I know the location well although I had never been inside before. The street is narrow and busy with two-way traffic. The Hotel entrance is right on the street and a passer-by might pay it no heed at all - as I had done several times in the past. Parking is available across the street in the Waterside Leisure Center - access by taking a ticket from the machine. There is a charge for this car park, but the hotel has a deal with the owners and reception will validate tickets for residents so that egress is free. Likewise the Waterside Center [Gym,Swimming, Sauna & Steam-room] is also free to hotel residents on production of your room card and the Center supplies a good sized towel, but bring soap and shampoo. These facilities are a 1 min walk from the hotel. Also close by [3mins] is Enniscorthy Railway station [trains to/from Dublin Connolly and Pearse stations, the east coast line and Rosslare Europort]. The Coach services in the town are also 3mins walk on Shannon Quay, just around the corner [Dublin, Dublin Airport, Wexford, Rosslare Europort, New Ross and Waterford]. Having arrived the check-in was found to be pleasant and according to the signage, the hotel provides services in several languages. Access to the rooms is by stairs or lift and the lift was fast. Corridors were a little dim which could be a problem for people with bad eyesight to read the room numbers and identify the slots for the card operated doors. The room I had on the top floor was comfortable but being in the roof space had angled ceilings that I was conscious of bumping my head, thankfully I didn't but I had one or two near misses! Lighting was rather severe - white fluorescent throughout and in the bathroom it activated automatically when a movement in the vicinity was detected. It came on once during the night when I moved in the bed and this woke me.Other contributors have noted the condition of the flooring and this was the case with me too. The carpet in the room was stained but being a bright beige it is no wonder that it shows up everything. The hotel management decorate with candles in the public areas and hot wax has spilled on the dining room carpet. The bathroom was clean and tidy though the shower curtain has seen better days. The toiletries are in those squirt bottles fixed to the wall and there was plenty of soap and shampoo [but being of the fixed variety and not the little hotel bottle type, this is a nuisance when using the Waterside Gym as you have to now source and bring your own!]. The TV had maybe 6 or 8 channels and a few radio stations, was a flat screen and fitted into the built-in wardrobe/desk area. Heating in the room was provided by two portable electric heaters which are extinguished immediately when the guest removes the room card from the electricity supply switch at the door. There are three restaurants at the hotel; the standard bar, the restaurant proper and a Thai. Looking at the hotel website, the restaurant proper seems to be very expensive, I didn't try it. Neither did I try the bar but the Thai is billed as being acclaimed and it provided a very tasty meal for two [starters, main, tea/coffee and bottle of wine] all for €50. It was excellent. However, It is not open on Mon or Tues nights. Breakfast was good but not as extensive or as good as in other hotels that I have reviewed. For instance the hot items are kept on a buffet as in many other places, but fried eggs had to be ordered separately! There was only orange or apple juice and the former was rather watery. On the plus side there was two types of grated cheese on offer. There seems to be a trendy bar [the Temple Bar] somewhere on the premises but I didn't seek it out but rather had a few drinks in the main bar behind the reception. Service was good, There is a large but unobtrusive TV showing football for those that were interested. Later a 'band' [one man & guitar and a backing track] entertained us with hits from the 70s and 80s. Guinness was good and at €3.80 a pint reasonable for hotel prices. The hotel advertises itself as a center for all kinds of activities which they can arrange - canoeing, golf, horse riding, etc and also for parties [bachelor and bachelorette as noted in other reviews]. There were two parties of more senior persons resident during my stay so no antics associated with the younger inebriates and no noise from the street outside from revelers either. The cost of my B&B was very reasonable especially when the car park charge and Gym is taken into account. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms are in the roof space and ceilings may be low in places. There are no views from any...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniscorthy
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club
#1 of 1 in Bunclody
Maldron Hotel Wexford
Maldron Hotel Wexford
#1 of 1 in Barntown

Been to Treacy's Hotel? Share your experiences!