“Lot of reheats but good food”
Review of The Baked Potato

The Baked Potato
Ranked #8 of 35 Restaurants in Enniscorthy
Cuisines: European, Irish, Contemporary
Description: We serve delicious breakfast from a full Irish to beautiful Belgian waffles we also have a full lunch on which includes Stockman Special e.g. Roast stuffed chicken wrapped in Bacon for only €9.50!,,(specials are subject to change!) we also delicious Homemade scones, dressers etc.as well as lovely coffee! We serve all of this to takeaway also!!
Athy, Ireland
“Lot of reheats but good food”
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Visited here in the past lot of food reheated in microwave which is disappointing. Other restaurants nearly don't do this. Lovely salads & home bakery worth a visit

• Visited December 2012

Cork, Ireland
“Wonderful for regular visits”
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

I started visiting The Baked Potato when I had to take some time off work. I took afternoon coffee there several afternoons per week.
I found it to be a lovely cafe to relax with coffee, cake and newspaper.
There is a large selection of delicious cakes which cater for all tastes. The coffee is good.
While I didn't buy any the savoury dishes looked good and there was a strong and steady custom. I also saw excellent deals on take away dinners for the freezer on the board outside.
The staff are very friendly and chatty.
If anyone is visiting Enniscorthy they should make their way to the Baked Potato.
One tiny point is that it can get very warm in there depending on the crowd.

• Visited April 2013
Wexford
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Gem”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We have taken to visiting The Baked Potato on a regular basis . The service is good and the food excellent . I love the variety on the menu . Good value for money . Lovely to sit and watch the world go by

Visited September 2012
Waterford, Ireland
“Misleading and Ignorant”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Saw this cafe in Enniscorthy so stopped in with my girlfriend on Wednesday August 8th around 4pm. Sat down and had to grab our own menu. Lady said she would give us a chance to look at the menu and be right back. 20 minutes later we were still waiting. Now remember this is a cafe and there were maybe 4 other people in it and 2 staff working. The 2 ladies working seemed more interested in laughing and joking with each other than paying attention to customers. Was about to go up and ask what was going on when finally caught the eye of the waitress.
The waitress came down and was friendly and took our orders.I ordered the southern friend chicken and cheese on pita bread and my girlfriend ordered the same with onions in a fresh roll and tea for 1. I also ordered garlic bread. The waitress asked would we like salad with that and we said sure.
We waited nearly another 20 minutes for our food and when it came it was ok. The tea was in a small pot and came with no tea spoon and no milk. Had to go up and ask for both. The lady grumpily told me the tea spoons were in front of me and that there was no milk on my table as they had to keep replacing them so they wouldnt go sour. She then walked to another table picked up the milk and gave that to me. Not the most professional after what she had just told me. Nothing special with the food to be honest. The "garlic bread" was a small roll cut in half with garlic butter instead of normal butter which was a joke to be honest. The pitta and roll were normal and nothing you couldnt get elsewhere at better quality for cheaper.
Another shock to come. When i went to pay i was told it was €10.25 for just my order. I did quick math in my head and queried this as the pitta and garlic bread should have been just €9. I was then informed that i was also charged for the salad which was offered to me as part of the meal and whilst normally would come with a sandwich for free in this case i was told no i was being charged for a salad i barely touched and looked like it was thrown in a lump onto the plate. I queried this and was told ah shur its only around a euro. At this point i just rolled my eyes and left as i didnt want to deal with this poor establishment anymore.
Just because its "just a euro" isnt the point its blatant daylight robbery and something people should be aware of if they choose to eat in this establishment. I could have gotten one of the "specials" meals for less than that which is a joke.
With the combination of poor service, only ok food, and hidden costs I most certainly will NOT be returning and will be advising others not to either.

• Visited August 2012