“Excellent Hotel with friendly staff”

The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Enniscorthy
Cork, Ireland
“Excellent Hotel with friendly staff”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Excellent hotel. Had a one night stay at hotel but have stayed before and held our wedding reception here not long after it first opened. Great to see the hotel is being so well maintained and updated. The friendliness of the staff is what stands out on arrival and throughout hotel. We had a great meal at the Alamo Restaurant, which has a great and varied menu which would definitely have something to suit all tastes. We look forward to returning again soon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Marketing007, Director of Sales at The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Colly2013

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review following your recent visit as a leisure guest this time and commenting favourably on the décor and upkeep of the hotel.

We are fortunate that our owner, Mr. Colm Neville recognizes that if the hotel is to continue to enjoy the leading position it currently enjoys in the market it must continue to invest in refurbishment as regular refurbishment is a necessity to maintain the highest of standards for the delivery of a superior customer experience. It is wonderful to read that you were impressed by the facilities and service you received particularly from our attentive and friendly staff .

We value all our guests feedback and it is rewarding to read of your terrific comments regarding the Alamo Steakhouse,each of your comments will be passed onto our Executive Chef and the rest of the team here in the hotel.

I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to The Riverside Park Hotel and Leisure Club in the near future so please contact me directly so I can personally assist you with your reservation.

Sales & marketing Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
co kildare
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Excellent hotel. I had stayed here previously and enjoyed it so much that we went with our two daughters aged 16 and 7 this time. I knew that the room was going to have a double bed ,a single bed and a foldaway bed but i expected it to be a bigger room .It was the same size as the one we stayed in before. I was initially disappointed as I had read reviews of larger rooms but as there were a lot of families there with one or two more kids than me I understood why we had a smaller room and we were only there for two nights and had booked less than two weeks before we went. This did not stop us enjoying ourselves . The food is fab, staff work so hard and are so friendly. We will definitely be going back.

Dear kgm4
Thank you so much for taking the time to post you glowing review.

I am so thrilled you enjoyed your stay and that you were impressed by the facilities and service you received particularly from our attentive and friendly staff . It is certainl;y a pity you could not have availed of our limited family accommodation which can only be booked through the hotel directly, as it certainly proves very popular for parents and children alike. I suugest room 114 or 214 for you next visit should the need arise.

We value all our guests feedback and it is rewarding to read of your terrific comments regarding the standard of food your comments will be passed onto our Executive Chef and the rest of the team here in the hotel.

Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Lovely hotel stayed for 2 nights with family. Rooms are lovely and spacious, big comfy beds, really good hotel facilities and located just on the river with a lovely walk and a play ground also. Food was really nice great friendly service. The hotel owner even took the time out to come around to tables at breakfast time to check that all was ok with rooms etc, I work in a hotel and thought that this was a really nice touch. Would with out a doubt stay here again, no bad comments whatsoever. The staff are a credit to the hotel and went above and beyond to make sure the stay was enjoyable for all. THROUGHLY ENJOYED.

Dear zermy

Thank you so much for taking the time to post you glowing review.

I am so thrilled you enjoyed your stay and that you were impressed by the facilities and service you received particularly from our attentive and friendly staff some of whom you named.

Mr Neville our owner, takes so much pride in the hotel and is delighted to interact with our guest’s and get feedback directly from them in order to help any future decisions which may arise.
We value all our guests feedback and it is rewarding to read of your terrific comments regarding the standard of food in The Alamo Steakhouse, your comments will be passed onto our Executive Chef and the rest of the team here in the hotel.

I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to The Riverside Park Hotel and Leisure Club in the near future and perhaps we may be able to accommodate you in a Balcony room.Please contact me directly so I can personally assist you with your reservation.

Kildare
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Excellent hotel. No bad comments whatsoever. Everything was perfect. We had a family room for two adults and two children. Children had a separate section in the room with a tv each. Leisure centre is good. Breakfast was great each morning. Loads of choice and good quality ingredients.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear TTKildare

Firstly may I thank you for such a wonderful review you posted following your recent stay in the hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your family getaway and that you departed with a lasting impression of the excellent service you received from our team and facilities at The Riverside Park Hotel.

It was great you could avail of the opportunity of being accommodated in our purpose built Family Rooms which are proving very popular indeed not just with the adults but the kids too as they love their own space and television.

I certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future, so please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any assistance with your reservation.

Kind Regards

Kenmare, Ireland
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

The food during the wedding reception meal was first class and so was the service. The staff were very well trained and dinner service ran like clockwork and with elegance. The wedding manager even went to every table to personally check on all the guests. It was perfect.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear DaniloWRD

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your excellent review following the recent wedding reception you attended am absolutely thrilled that the Team were able to help make the day so special and our attention to the highest levels of service, professionalism and genuine care were some of your highlights

We thrive to exceed our Bride & Grooms Expectations and indeed friends and familes, so we are extremely grateful and honored when we get such wonderful feedback.

I have shared your comments with the team who were delighted with the recognition and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Riverside Park Hotel in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me as I would be delighted to assist you with your next stay.

Thanking you again.

County Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My husband and I with our two young boys (4 years & 1 year old) stayed here for four nights in a family room from August 4th to 8th 2013. We paid an extra 20eur per night for a quiet room at the rear of the hotel (room # 116) which was a very generous size with 3 singles and a double bed..there was a small table aswell with some chairs too but room still felt quite spacious. Bathroom well stocked with enough towels and shampoos etc. Rooms at rear of hotel don't have any view but that didn't bother us as we rathered the quiet for putting kids to sleep at night (i.e rooms at front of hotel face the river view..but also the road and are nearer the bar / restaurant / hotel entrance). Personal choice. Anyway, check-in was efficient. Breakfast was excellent- great range (noticed also served a dedicated area for coeliac breads). We dined in the Alamo restaurant on 3 nights. Excellent value for kids meals coming to about 5eur for a dinner (varied range for kids selection too) and deserts from 1.30€ for icecream. Adults meals are delicious and food was piping hot - averaged about 55€ each night for four including beverages (main course with desert). We were on a b&b basis only.
Pool was good too but found the kiddies pool a bit chilly.
Staff very pleasent but one receptionist in particular didn't give a very good impression by having a cigarette break out my the main entrance and while doing so, the other chap reading the newspaper behind front-desk "holding the fort" at reception until she finished her smoke.
Another issue was directly outside our bedroom was an air-con unit which ran until 01.30am each morning which was annoying - it wasn't super-loud but it was constant droning and generator-type noise...given that we paid for a quiet room, this did make me feel like we didn't get exactly what we paid for. Also, no air conditioning in the bedrooms made nights bit uncomfortable ( too noisy outside for window to be left open). There was a desk fan which helped somewhat though.
Last issue is that we had to come & go with the buggies via the underground car park as there's no ramp into the front of the hotel, only stairs. This did make us feel like we were sneaking in and out of the hotel and I would much rather of been able to use the main entrance like regular guests!! Would have been super to have a little fridge in the room to keep baby bottles cool. At check-in we asked if there was a dvd in the room (handy for the kids!!) - there wasn't, but one was supplied about 15 mins later. Excellent response for that request by staff.
Overall though a good experience, made to feel welcome. Good location to the town, kiddies playground just at the side of the hotel with a nice walk along the riverside. Mix of guests there - from young families to more elderly but still the hotel did not seem too cramped or hectic (was heavily booked apparently). Would recommend.

Room Tip: Rear room at back of hotel for a quieter night.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Marketing007, Director of Sales at The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear dublin074,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post you wonderful review.

I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay and that you were impressed by the facilities and service you received particularly from our excellent cooked to order breakfast and buffet to our Alamo Steakhouse offering excellent value, catering for all of the family.

It is great to read you availed of the complimentary use of the Leisure Clentre and I have mentioned your comments regarding the kiddies pool to our Leisure Club Manager. Our guests certainly enjoy our dedicated family rooms which provides ample space. We have reiterated to our Kitchen staff that all fans should be turned off once service is over and certainly not operating till a late hour.

We have also raised the issue of the staff member smoking in the dedicated smoking area for residents and envisage it not to happen again.

It is unfortunate you felt you were sneaking into the hotel, however the majority of our guests enter in through the Carpark to reception and other areas of the hotel. It is due the gradient of the slope required to provide a suitable ramp, which makes it impracticable to do so. However, we are looking into alternative access for wheelchair and buggy users.

I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to The Riverside Park Hotel and Leisure Club in the near future. Please contact me directly so I can personally assist you with your reservation.

Offaly, Ireland
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Myself & my husband along with our two daughters just stayed for two nights at this fab hotel. We arrived to be greeted by a lovely & friendly Receptionist which Instantly ticked all the right boxes for me, I knew from then on we were going to love it. We were so impressed with the family room, so spacious and comfortable. We can't praise the quality of the food enough, fresh, delicious and extremely reasonably priced. The hotel itself is very modern, I just loved the comfy purple couches in the lobby where we relaxed each evening. The most important thing to me that stood out a mile was the friendliness of the staff at this hotel. Would highly recommend this hotel for families and we definetly will be returning. Thank you. Melissa.

Dear Melissa,

Thank you so much for your glowing review and I am thrilled you enjoyed your recent stay in The Riverside Park Hotel for a family break away.

We value all our guest’s feedback and it is rewarding to read of your terrific comments regarding our “fresh, delicious and reasonably priced quality of food “.Each of your comments will be passed onto our Executive Chef and the rest of the team here in the hotel.

Our opulent lobby has been commented upon very favorably from our guests and makes a wonderful area to relax in comfort any time.

I am delighted that you were impressed by the standard of service from our friendly staff, which has obviously left a lasting impression for you.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Riverside Park Hotel in the future so please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any assistance with your reservation.

Sales & Marketing Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniscorthy
Treacy's Hotel
#5 of 5 in Wexford
Talbot Wexford
Talbot Wexford
#4 of 5 in Wexford

Been to The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!