“Excellent”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Enniscorthy
Kildare
“Excellent”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Excellent hotel. No bad comments whatsoever. Everything was perfect. We had a family room for two adults and two children. Children had a separate section in the room with a tv each. Leisure centre is good. Breakfast was great each morning. Loads of choice and good quality ingredients.

• Stayed August 2013
Marketing007, Director of Sales at The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear TTKildare

Firstly may I thank you for such a wonderful review you posted following your recent stay in the hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your family getaway and that you departed with a lasting impression of the excellent service you received from our team and facilities at The Riverside Park Hotel.

It was great you could avail of the opportunity of being accommodated in our purpose built Family Rooms which are proving very popular indeed not just with the adults but the kids too as they love their own space and television.

I certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future, so please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any assistance with your reservation.

Kind Regards

Sales & Marketing Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
Kenmare, Ireland
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

The food during the wedding reception meal was first class and so was the service. The staff were very well trained and dinner service ran like clockwork and with elegance. The wedding manager even went to every table to personally check on all the guests. It was perfect.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear DaniloWRD

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your excellent review following the recent wedding reception you attended am absolutely thrilled that the Team were able to help make the day so special and our attention to the highest levels of service, professionalism and genuine care were some of your highlights

We thrive to exceed our Bride & Grooms Expectations and indeed friends and familes, so we are extremely grateful and honored when we get such wonderful feedback.

I have shared your comments with the team who were delighted with the recognition and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Riverside Park Hotel in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me as I would be delighted to assist you with your next stay.

Thanking you again.

County Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My husband and I with our two young boys (4 years & 1 year old) stayed here for four nights in a family room from August 4th to 8th 2013. We paid an extra 20eur per night for a quiet room at the rear of the hotel (room # 116) which was a very generous size with 3 singles and a double bed..there was a small table aswell with some chairs too but room still felt quite spacious. Bathroom well stocked with enough towels and shampoos etc. Rooms at rear of hotel don't have any view but that didn't bother us as we rathered the quiet for putting kids to sleep at night (i.e rooms at front of hotel face the river view..but also the road and are nearer the bar / restaurant / hotel entrance). Personal choice. Anyway, check-in was efficient. Breakfast was excellent- great range (noticed also served a dedicated area for coeliac breads). We dined in the Alamo restaurant on 3 nights. Excellent value for kids meals coming to about 5eur for a dinner (varied range for kids selection too) and deserts from 1.30€ for icecream. Adults meals are delicious and food was piping hot - averaged about 55€ each night for four including beverages (main course with desert). We were on a b&b basis only.
Pool was good too but found the kiddies pool a bit chilly.
Staff very pleasent but one receptionist in particular didn't give a very good impression by having a cigarette break out my the main entrance and while doing so, the other chap reading the newspaper behind front-desk "holding the fort" at reception until she finished her smoke.
Another issue was directly outside our bedroom was an air-con unit which ran until 01.30am each morning which was annoying - it wasn't super-loud but it was constant droning and generator-type noise...given that we paid for a quiet room, this did make me feel like we didn't get exactly what we paid for. Also, no air conditioning in the bedrooms made nights bit uncomfortable ( too noisy outside for window to be left open). There was a desk fan which helped somewhat though.
Last issue is that we had to come & go with the buggies via the underground car park as there's no ramp into the front of the hotel, only stairs. This did make us feel like we were sneaking in and out of the hotel and I would much rather of been able to use the main entrance like regular guests!! Would have been super to have a little fridge in the room to keep baby bottles cool. At check-in we asked if there was a dvd in the room (handy for the kids!!) - there wasn't, but one was supplied about 15 mins later. Excellent response for that request by staff.
Overall though a good experience, made to feel welcome. Good location to the town, kiddies playground just at the side of the hotel with a nice walk along the riverside. Mix of guests there - from young families to more elderly but still the hotel did not seem too cramped or hectic (was heavily booked apparently). Would recommend.

Room Tip: Rear room at back of hotel for a quieter night.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Marketing007, Director of Sales at The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear dublin074,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post you wonderful review.

I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay and that you were impressed by the facilities and service you received particularly from our excellent cooked to order breakfast and buffet to our Alamo Steakhouse offering excellent value, catering for all of the family.

It is great to read you availed of the complimentary use of the Leisure Clentre and I have mentioned your comments regarding the kiddies pool to our Leisure Club Manager. Our guests certainly enjoy our dedicated family rooms which provides ample space. We have reiterated to our Kitchen staff that all fans should be turned off once service is over and certainly not operating till a late hour.

We have also raised the issue of the staff member smoking in the dedicated smoking area for residents and envisage it not to happen again.

It is unfortunate you felt you were sneaking into the hotel, however the majority of our guests enter in through the Carpark to reception and other areas of the hotel. It is due the gradient of the slope required to provide a suitable ramp, which makes it impracticable to do so. However, we are looking into alternative access for wheelchair and buggy users.

I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to The Riverside Park Hotel and Leisure Club in the near future. Please contact me directly so I can personally assist you with your reservation.

Offaly, Ireland
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Myself & my husband along with our two daughters just stayed for two nights at this fab hotel. We arrived to be greeted by a lovely & friendly Receptionist which Instantly ticked all the right boxes for me, I knew from then on we were going to love it. We were so impressed with the family room, so spacious and comfortable. We can't praise the quality of the food enough, fresh, delicious and extremely reasonably priced. The hotel itself is very modern, I just loved the comfy purple couches in the lobby where we relaxed each evening. The most important thing to me that stood out a mile was the friendliness of the staff at this hotel. Would highly recommend this hotel for families and we definetly will be returning. Thank you. Melissa.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Melissa,

Thank you so much for your glowing review and I am thrilled you enjoyed your recent stay in The Riverside Park Hotel for a family break away.

We value all our guest’s feedback and it is rewarding to read of your terrific comments regarding our “fresh, delicious and reasonably priced quality of food “.Each of your comments will be passed onto our Executive Chef and the rest of the team here in the hotel.

Our opulent lobby has been commented upon very favorably from our guests and makes a wonderful area to relax in comfort any time.

I am delighted that you were impressed by the standard of service from our friendly staff, which has obviously left a lasting impression for you.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Riverside Park Hotel in the future so please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any assistance with your reservation.

dublin
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband and myself took a 3 day break recently in this beautiful hotel. From the moment we were checked in by a very pleasant and efficient Receptionist to the moment we vacated the hotel, I cannot compliment the staff enough. Breakfast was buffet style for cereal, fruit, yogurt and juices. The Waiting Staff who always greeted us with a smile took the order for the main breakfast which included a full Irish if desired. Room was a good size and cleaned thoroughly each day. We had our meals between the Restaurant and Bar. The food was delicious and the Staff were so nice, friendly and efficient. The location on the river is beautiful and a great base for travelling around Wexford. Thank you to all the wonderful staff for making our stay so special.

Room Tip: Try to book a room with a Balcony.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank erinDublin
Marketing007, Director of Sales at The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear erinDublin

Thank you so much for taking the time to post you glowing review.

I am so thrilled you enjoyed your stay recently with your husband and that you were impressed by the facilities and service you received particularly from our pleasant and efficient staff
We value all our guests feedback and it is rewarding to read of your terrific comments regarding our freshly cooked to order breakfast and our wonderful selection on our buffet table . Each of your comments will be passed onto our Executive Chef and the rest of the team here in the hotel.

The hotel certainly offers an ideal base for touring the treasures of the sunny South East.

Bettystown, Ireland
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I stayed in the Riverside Park Hotel last Monday and Tuesday night with my 7 year old daughter, my sister-in-law and her 6 year old son. From the time I booked the short stay until the time we left was nothing short of excellent. The hotel was busy, but very quiet and relaxing. The staff were friendly, efficient and very helpful - 2 examples: Late for breakfast first morning thought we would just about get a cereal before everything cleared away, but no, we could have ordered what we wanted from the menu - nothing was a bother and secondly a Wi-Fi problem and again the male member of staff dealt with it until he got us up and running, again nothing was a bother to him. The food was delicious and good value - from the breakfast (freshly cooked), to the bar food and to the restaurant, The Moorings - no need to eat outside this hotel. The accommodation - clean, fresh, spacious bed room with all facilities (2 double beds as requested). The leisure facilities - we made good use of the pool and Jacuzzi, again excellent, clean and attended by good staff. There was a complimentary ticket to Blackwater Open Farm with our particular package - we used this on the way home. That was a great day for both Moms and Children. In this heat everywhere is very warm as we all know and getting to sleep can be difficult. However, the Riverside had a desk-top fan in the room which helped a lot with the dead heat - it seemed to me that the guests comfort were important to the management of the Riverside.. Congratulations and a well deserved thank you to all staff at this beautiful and well run hotel.

Room Tip: We were happy with Room 306 (even over looking roof of carpark). No noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Rose Marie C
Dear Rose Marie C

May I take this opportunity to thank you most sincerely for your excellent review following your stay in the hotel. It was great to read you enjoyed your break away with other family members and that you departed with a lasting impression of the excellent service you received from our friendly and accommodating team.

Our swimming pool with its own kids area certainly proves popular with families as you experienced and is always a great way to spend any fun filled afternoon. I was delighted you enjoyed our family fun package with comprised of a pass to the wonderful Open Farm which proved a delightful visits for big and small kids alike, which is one of the many options to choose from for family breaks.

Sales & marketing Manager
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 27, 2013

This is a large hotel but unlike the last hotel I stayed at with the word "park" in the name (ended up being a business park and car park) this place is actually beside a river and close to a real park along the river Slaney.

We only stayed one night but enjoyed the setting of the hotel, it's quiet rooms, lovely pool and excellent restaurant. And also the 12pm checkout which allowed us to enjoy more of the facilities than if we had needed to leave at 10.

It was one of the warmest days in Ireland for years when we stayed. It was quite difficult to cool down the room with two little windows to open and a fan in our family sized room. Try to book the other side of hotel which has French doors and balconies on warm days.

We ate at the hotel's Alamo restaurant which is a steakhouse but with an enjoyable and broad menu that covers many tastes and dietary needs, also a very good wine list. The kids menu was pretty good too and we all felt well fed. Our waiter was attentive and friendly to the kids which set the gentle mood for our evening.

The breakfast buffet was excellent, but the chef may need to revisit the waffles recipe on the hot menu, they were heavy and contained chunks of crystallised sugar, not light and Belgian-like.

Before we left we had a quick dip in the pool. Very good facilities but the pool surround tiles look like they need replacing. We also took the kids to the playground outside and walked the lovely trail beside the river.

Just tiny issues, otherwise really enjoyed the hotel and was impressed by the friendly staff, who were diligent and quiet achievers.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Ozzie_in_Ireland
Dear Ozzie_in_Ireland

Thank you so much for taking the time to post you glowing review.

I am so thrilled you enjoyed your stay and that you were impressed by the facilities and service you received particularly from friendly and diligent staff.
It is great to get such response on our scenic location along the banks of the river Slaney which offers an extended Promenade Walk to view the flora and fauna.

We value all our guests feedback and it is rewarding to read of your terrific comments regarding our freshly cooked to order breakfast and on The Alamo Steakhouse. Each of your comments will be passed onto our Executive Chef and the rest of the team here in the hotel.

Sales & marketing Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniscorthy
Treacy's Hotel
Clayton Whites Hotel
Clayton Whites Hotel
#5 of 5 in Wexford
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,464 reviews

Been to The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!