“Nice friendly hotel, good food, pleasant wedding experience”

The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Enniscorthy
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We attended a recent family wedding and spent the majority of our weekend here, it has a nice welcoming atmosphere and the staff were friendly and helpful. On Friday evening we had a meal in the restaurant which was very tasty. Service was good. The wedding was pleasant and the situation of the hotel is beautiful, however across the bridge it is a different story with plenty of drunken and aggressive behaviour. That aside we had a nice weekend.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Thank cbt.ie
Marketing007, Director of Sales at The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear cbt.ie

On behalf of the team here in The Riverside Park Hotel, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting your wonderful review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay on such a special occasion of a family wedding and that you were impressed by the standard of service from our staff to the facilities on offer.

As you can tell from other reviews, we receive very positive feedback on our food not just from weddings but from our leisure guests too, so we’ll be sure to pass on your comments here to the team.

We are sorry that you didn't leave with a positive image other parts of the town, however we welcome thousands of visitors into the town each year and their reaction to their visit is overwhelmingly positive so we can only assume it was an exception rather than the norm.

I would certainly look forward to welcoming you back to The Riverside Park Hotel in the future so please do not hesitate to contact me directly so that I can personally assist you with your reservation.

There are newer reviews for The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed here for one night, staffs were friendly and service excellent.

Room was big, bed was very comphy but the room was hot.

Bathroom was standard for hotel nothing to write home about.

Food was good.

Check in excellent, check out poor, the reception kept answering the phone.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear AW11A

We would like to thank you for taking the time to review The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club and share your experience with others.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you departed with a lasting impression of our friendly staff & excellent service and food.

We were obviously very disappointed to read that you were disappointed with the level of care you received on your check out we apologise for this and have brought it to the attention of our front office manager who assures me this will be addressed immediately in our training schedule.

Sales & Marketing Manager

Reviewed April 27, 2013

just spent two nights at the riverside park hotel. the hotel was lovely, our rooms were large and beutifully furnished with every thing you would need. the food was very good
, good portions and lots of little 'extras' that just made our holiday. a fantastic base to explore wexford and waterford. would definately reccommend it.

Room Tip: the front rooms have a balcony, but unless you go in summer it really dosn't matter as they are...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Marketing007, Director of Sales at The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear lemon074,

Firstly may I thank you for such a terrific review you posted following your recent stay in the hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and that you departed with a lasting impression of the excellent service you received from our team.

It is great to get such positive feedback from our valued guests not just on the facilities and services but also the surrounding areas and counties and we couldn’t agree more about the hotel been used as a base to tour the treasures of the South East .

I certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future, so please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any assistance with your reservation.

Kind Regards

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights as I had to attend a funeral in Kiltealy, the hotel was fine, breakfast was good, and the bar area and the Alamo restaurant all good. Just one complaint the hotel is used for weddings and at 2.30am on our last night there was a bit of a raucous with loud guests wandering the halls.

Dear Caroline B

On behalf of the management and staff of The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience.

We are pleased that in general you enjoyed your stay and that you departed with a lasting impression of the facilities and excellent service you received from our team. We were obviously very disappointed to read that you were not satisfied in relation to the allocation of your room.

We apologise for this on our part and we have reiterated the importance of this aspect to our Reception team to ensure such a mistake doesn’t occur in the future, thereby ensuring that we provide the normally high standard of service our customers deserve on each and every stay, regardless of what other business is being taken care of in the hotel at that time.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback and we do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club in the future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any assistance in making any future reservations and perhaps next time it will be of a more enjoyable occasion .

Kind Regards

Sales & Marketing Manager

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I spent two nights in this hotel in April while visiting relatives. While I can't complain about the price (we paid €49/night for a twin room), the hotel had a distinctly "budget" feel about it. The garish interior of the hotel which, thanks to a plaque in the lobby, we learn was constructed in the mid 90s, is very much of its time - both out of fashion and looking tired.

I have a couple of criticisms. The breakfast was absolutely horrendous. My "Irish Breakfast" included a fried egg with a yoke so hard that it had crystallised, while the white of the egg resembled a piece of rubber. The bacon had the appearance of being cooked in water, while the black pudding was tough and inedible. I asked for a new egg, which was duly replaced, but with no apology. At €10, I would advise strongly against taking breakfast at this hotel. I was fortunate enough not to have eaten any evening meals.

My other complaint relates to the room itself. Admittedly it was clean when we arrived, but the tidying/bed making/towel/toiletries replacement service between our first and second nights was somewhat half-hearted. One towel was replaced and one wasn't, the complementary toiletries were not replaced, which was very disappointing because, having travelled to Ireland on Ryanair with no hold baggage, I was relying on the hotel's shower gel and shampoo.

The kettle, which like most things in the room was nailed to the furniture, didn't work; and the noise levels from other rooms in this poorly constructed hotel were unacceptably loud. I could hear several different TV programmes at the same time!

Despite being a non-smoking hotel (I thought everywhere was in Ireland) the corridor consistently smelt strongly of fresh cigarette smoke throughout our stay.

Positives: The bar, although having the feel of an airport lounge, was friendly and well stocked.

My conclusion: a cheap hotel with standards reflected in the price. I would stay here again, but only if I could secure a room for €49 for a twin. This hotel does not warrant a charge greater than that.

Room Tip: Ask for a room which isn't on the second floor - the corridor stinks of cigarette smoke (both fr...
3  Thank DJH10101
Marketing007, Director of Sales at The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear DJH10101

Thank you for taking the time to review The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club based on your recent stay.

I was extremely disappointed and quite perplexed to read your review as you will see from other reviews just how uncharacteristic it is for us to receive negative feedback. ‘Great Family Hotel’ ‘Great Short break’ ‘lovely hotel’

Our Guests constantly comment on our luxurious interior which is refreshed on a regular basis, January 2013 we completely refurbished our Alamo Steakhouse and Moorings Restaurant. January 2012 saw a complete make over of the lobby , banqueting suite and revamp of our ensuite bathrooms not to mention the redecorating of our luxurious bedrooms in 2011.These refurbishment investments are a huge undertaking and commitment from our owner in these current times , however they realize in order to maintain a consistent standard of product it is a necessity.

On taking your review very seriously, I have looked into the matter with our breakfast waitress who recalls you asking for poached eggs rather than a fried egg once it was served, however there was no mention of there being a problem with the fried egg at the time. If the waitress did not ask at the time if the eggs were all right, for this we apologise and assure you that we have re-iterated to them the importance of not doing so in the future. Our breakfasts are cooked to order and receive incredible compliments, again of which you will read on this site with some even go as far as saying it is the ‘best hotel breakfast ever’

We aim to provide a standard and service to ensure our Guests are leave feeling relaxed, refreshed and satisfied and it is with great disappointment that this was not the case for you. We have addressed your issue regarding the replenishing of toiletries with our housekeeping department.
With regard to the noise levels you experienced we had no noted complaints during your stay & strongly disagree with your comments regarding the hotel as a poorly constructed & cheap hotel. As a four star hotel we provide a professional level of service and standard of product and we are genuinely disappointed that you did not enjoy these standards during your stay with us

It is a shame you did not dine with us on this occasion , however for future reference The Moorings Restaurant, offers an excellent Table D’hote menu and an Early Bird Menu, The Alamo Steakhouse offers a wide variety of dishes from Prime Cut Irish Steaks to Poultry & Seafood or The Promenade Bar which caters for Carvery and Bar Food. All of which provide excellent service and quality.

Again I reiterate this is highly unusual and extremely uncharacteristic and we genuinely regret that our product would seem to fall short of your expectations. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Very easy to find from Enniscorthy (walking distance to the main street along the river). Very impressive on arrival and adequate parking to the rear or side of the hotel. Beautiful sunny day and the hotel was done up with red carpet etc. waiting the arrival of a wedding party. Check in was fine, no hassles with that. Spacious bedroom and bathroom, very clean and decorated nicely. After a walk around Enniscorthy had a beer in the hotel bar which was buzzing as the wedding party were there also. Bar staff were very unfriendly, very little eye contact. Ate in the Alamo Restaurant later that evening. The food was beautiful and had a wide choice of Gluten Free options which suited me. The only complaint about it and it's only minor was it was very cold in there. Warmed up with the food anyway! Moved out to the bar again which was very full with a lovely atmosphere, a band had set up and were playing. Had breakfast in bed which was €5 each which I thought was reasonable. It was also lovely. Check out was fine with no issues. Would definitely visit this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear MeathJohn

Thank you so much for taking the time to post you glowing review.

I am so thrilled you enjoyed your stay and that you left with such a lasting impression of our wonderful facilities and atmosphere on offer in the hotel.We value all our guests feedback and it is rewarding to read of your terrific comments regarding the beautiful food in the Alamo Steakhouse which has been passed onto our Executive Chef and the rest of the team here in the hotel. We are delighted to offer our guest’s a gluten free menu throughout the hotel which from Breakfast, Lunch to Dinner.

I was delighted to read you took advantage of beautiful weather and enjoyed a stroll around the historic town of Enniscorthy.

I have brought to the attention of our Bar Manager your comments regarding customer service and this has been addressed with all member so of staff.

I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to The Riverside Park Hotel and Leisure Club in the near future. Please contact me directly so I can personally assist you with your reservation.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed at the Riverside hotel for 1 night for a wedding. From the time we arrived we were made feel very welcome and at ease. I don't have 1 negative to say. In particular the breakfast staff were particularly helpful and friendly and efficient. I'd have no problem recommending this hotel to anyone.

Dear 296AlisonH

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and I am thrilled you enjoyed your recent stay in The Riverside Park Hotel for such a special occasion.

I have passed on your comments to our staff and our Head Chef Dave Anderson we are all delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you were impressed by the standard of service from our friendly staff.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Riverside Park Hotel in the future and perhaps you will have the opportunity to stay longer and enjoy all of our facilities on offer. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any assistance with your reservation.

Sales & marketing Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniscorthy
Treacy's Hotel
#4 of 5 in Wexford
Maldron Hotel Wexford
Maldron Hotel Wexford
#1 of 1 in Barntown

Been to The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!