“Very average hotel”

The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Enniscorthy
“Very average hotel”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights with family of 2 young kids, very basic and probably wouldn't stay again, maybe things would improve if they responded to complaints as apposed to replying to spurious compliments only , madly annoying! This is not sales and Marketing surely?

• Stayed April 2012
Marketing007, Director of Sales at The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Theduke29

On behalf of the management and staff of The Riverside Park Hotel I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review.

It is very disappointing to see that your recent experience with us would not entice you to stay with us in the future. Please accept my sincere apologies for any shortcoming in service which you seemed to have experienced on this occasion. It is most unusual for us to get such negative feedback and had we been afforded the opportunity of knowing our shortcoming it would have been much appreciated.

Kind Regards
Sales & marketing Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We booked this as for a 1 night stay at short notice and got a really good price. Check was quick & efficient. We weren't happy with the room we were first allocated and there was aabsolutley no problem in getting a different room assigned. We ate in the bar - food was good but a bit expensive. Room was clean, beds were comfortable, bathroom could do with a good deep clean though. Nice leisure centre which seems really popular with locals. Would definitely visit again

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Pinkdogreading

On behalf of the management and staff of The Riverside Park Hotel I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience with others.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and experience in The Promenade Bar.I have shared your feedback with our team here who will take it on board your comments and use it to address any areas that require improvement.

I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future, and should you have any queries please contact me directly so I can assist you on your next visit.

Kind Regards
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 5, 2013

The journey North from the ferry took us through the pretty and historic town of Enniscorthy where we stopped for lunch. There is a great deal that is good about The Riverside Park Hotel. The staff are delightful, the ambience pleasant and well presented, but we felt that the bar food was very average indeed. Portion sizes are generous, but the menu is limited. Soup was home-made but lacked seasoning, and the panninis were soggy and filled with a large amount of over-cooked tomato. It would also have been nice to see more local and Irish produce detailed on the menu, but that is true of very many establishments. We like this hotel, and will certainly visit again. With just a little attention to food detail they could really transform things.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fionnuala22
Dear Fionnuala22
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit to The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club.

I was delighted to read you would visit us again and you found our staff delightful and the ambience pleasant and well presented. It was with regret we did not exceed your expectations from a food point of view and I have passed your feedback on to our Head Chef and his team regarding your opinions.

We pride ourselves on offering a very extensive Bar Food menu, incorporating a wide variety of Starters, Soups, Sandwiches, Paninis, Main Courses and Desserts. We shall certainly take on board your comments regarding our menu description giving accolade to our local producers.

I look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me should you wish to make any necessary reservation please feel free to contact me.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I have been to this hotel many times for coffee, drinks etc over the years. However this time. I Was hosting a group of people travelling for business we had some meetings checked into the hotel - however on booking we were not told restaurant was not open - only bar food available this may have Influenced where we would stay

... However... The Bar Food Was Fantastic ... Great menu .. Lots of atmosphere on an Monday Night, well until 9.30 as we had all been up since 5am...
The UK guys were chuffed with the Mixed grill options .. chicken curry went down a treat, chick supreme was yummy.... lasagne - guest comment - this is like home best!
We all think the bar has a much better atmosphere for dinner...
We were all staying the night and on a vote all had a very comfortable nights sleep... rooms were well appointed fresh & clean.. It's not luxurious but very nice comfy feeling....
Most so us had eggs next morning which were very local & fresh tasting nothing lying round in a Bain Marie here! Also note this hotel is a 4 star hotel without the 4 star price!
The bar, restaurant & check in staff were all fantastic!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Wanderlusty27
Marketing007, Director of Sales at The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Wanderlusty27

May I take this opportunity to thank you most sincerely for your excellent review following your recent stay in the hotel .
It was great to read you enjoyed your first time stay and our luxurious pillow top mattresses added to your overall great night sleep which you all experienced. We are delighted you and your clients departed with a lasting impression of the excellent service you received from our team and facilities at The Riverside Park Hotel.

We value all our guests feedback and it is rewarding to read of your terrific comments regarding our extensive bar food menu which offers such a variety to suit all tastes and budgets. It is great to read how appreciative guests are regarding our freshly cooked to order breakfast and our wonderful selection on our buffet table. Each of your comments will be passed onto our Executive Chef and the rest of the team here in the hotel

I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to The Riverside Park Hotel and Leisure Club in the near future. Please contact me directly so I can personally assist you with your reservation.

Dublin
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I had a lovely 2-day break in The Riverside Park Hotel in Enniscorthy last week. We had stayed there before but this was even better than our previous stays. The staff were very friendly and efficient. The hotel is spotlessly clean.
Some extra touches helped to make our stay a bit special. Extras such as free Evening Herald and Irish Indepenent each day. Another nice touch was a printed card on our breakfast table from the General Manager asking us if we slept well and comfortably and suggested activities and places to visit as well as given us an up-to-date local weather forecast.
They offer a lovely afternoon snack of a pot of tea or coffee and big freshly baked scone with butter,strawberry jam and whipped cream for €4.00 each.
The leisure centre and pool are very good and free to residents.
The food was very good and we had a beautiful dinner in the Moorings Restaurant.
Overall a great experience. We will be back!

Room Tip: We had a lovely top-floor room with a balcony with a great viwe of the river.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear DublinJimmyj,

On behalf of the management and staff of The Riverside Park Hotel I would like to thank you for taking the time to post such a glowing review on our hotel and share your experience with others.

I am so thrilled you enjoyed your stay with your wife and that you were impressed by the facilities and service you received particularly from our attentive and friendly staff .

It is always great to get feedback on our little touches like our suggested activities to do while visiting Enniscorthy and the surrounding areas which seem to have added to your overall experience. I have passed your kind comments onto the team who will be delighted that they were able to help make your stay such a memorable one.

We value all our guests feedback and it is rewarding to read of your terrific comments regarding your dinner in our recently refurbished Moorings Restaurant not to mention our delicious freshly baked scones…offering excellent value for money.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Riverside Park Hotel very soon and if I can ever be of any assistance to you please feel free to contact me.

Kind regards,
Essex
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Just had a 4 night stay at this hotel, it is listed as a 4* but I have to say I have stayed in better 4* hotels. The only food avaialable was bar snacks, as the other 2 restaurants were only open at weekends, so the choice was a little limited. The room was adequate, but nothing stunning, with one of the chair seats being torn, it looked a little tired. The cleanlines in the room was ok, but the bathroom could certainly have been cleaner, I had to scrape off whatever was left in the hand basin, and the bath was not cleaned at all during my stay despite me having a bath every night.
My only other gripe, was that the corridors were very cold, they advertised that they had state of the art heaters, well state of the art they may be, but they just didn't do the job. They were really no more than glorified fan heaters, and the one in my room, whilst once being turned full on for a couple of hours, it did heat the room, I had to turn it off at night because the fan was so noisey I could'nt sleep, which meant when you woke in the morning the room was freezing, and took a long time to heat up. The hot water temperature was also just about hot enough for a bath, but no hotter than that,
I don't think I would book this hotel again, as there are plenty to choose from around the local area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Cork
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We just stayed one night. We were given a lovely big room with a balcony overlooking the river. The bed was comfortable although we could have done without the plastic cover on the mattress. Tea, coffee and biscuits were supplied in the room as were two bottles of water. Breakfast is cooked to order and the bar food is quite good for a quick and informal dinner. The receptionist couldn't have been more helpful and all the staff we encountered were courteous and friendly. Enniscorthy is a lovely town to visit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mary R
Marketing007, Director of Sales at The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Mary R

Thank you so much for taking the time to post you review.

I am so thrilled you enjoyed your stay and that you were impressed by the facilities and service you received particularly from our attentive and friendly staff .
It is great to get such reviews not just on the hotel but on our lovely town, I do hope you were able to avail of the walk along the banks of the River Slaney which has a wonderful extended walkway and our close proximity to the town centre, host to the award winning Enniscorthy Castle .

Sales & Marketing Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniscorthy
Treacy's Hotel
Clayton Whites Hotel
Clayton Whites Hotel
#5 of 5 in Wexford
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,468 reviews

Been to The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!